What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
BEWARE...THIS IS A BUMP OF AN OLD ROUND-UP. :D

Hey, Jason!

Here's an update on this issue with Last Man Standing discs.

When I bought Seasons 1-4, you asked about the discs I got and I posted this picture showing that they were pressed discs:

full

Well, I just cracked open seasons 5 & 6 so Peg and I can finish our binge watching of the series in anticipation of the New season on Fox.

full

full

So it looks like this time I got I got DVD-Rs for seasons 5 & 6.

I got the pressed discs of Seasons 1-4 from a third party vendor via Amazon. Seasons 5 & 6 came from Amazon directly. Go figure.

Did you ever pick up 5 & 6?

It seems odd to me that they would issue DVD-Rs early in the release's history and then switch-over to pressed discs. It seems like the opposite is usually what happens. Isn't it?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
One other key way to tell the difference is by looking at the UPC code on the back of the case. The DVD-R version will have "Manufactured by Amazon in Lexington, KY" printed directly over the UPC code. The pressed version just has a normal UPC code. Can't see that from your pics, of course, but based on the other differences, it does appear your's are all pressed, so congrats!

I just checked on that and just as you described, that text IS just above the UPC code on the back of each of these two new LMS cases.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
BEWARE...THIS IS A BUMP OF AN OLD ROUND-UP. :D

Hey, Jason!

Here's an update on this issue with Last Man Standing discs.

...Well, I just cracked open seasons 5 & 6 so Peg and I can finish our binge watching of the series in anticipation of the New season on Fox.

So it looks like this time I got I got DVD-Rs for seasons 5 & 6.

I got the pressed discs of Seasons 1-4 from a third party vendor via Amazon. Seasons 5 & 6 came from Amazon directly. Go figure.

Did you ever pick up 5 & 6?

It seems odd to me that they would issue DVD-Rs early in the release's history and then switch-over to pressed discs. It seems like the opposite is usually what happens. Isn't it?

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the update on what type of discs you received for the new seasons. I haven't picked 5 & 6 up myself as of yet although I do plan to do so eventually. I never seem to get tired of watching repeats of this show. I am glad Fox gave the show a reprieve and is bringing it back this coming season; hopefully, when it's decided to end the show this next time around, they are given enough notice to provide it with a proper send-off.

I agree about the oddity surrounding the pressed discs for this show, but you're right, it is usually the other way around with pressed 1st and then DVD-Rs later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks