What's new

Weekly Roundup 6/25 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I took care of CostCo this morning, adding it to the Roundup. Jeff Cooper's got half of all of it in any case...they only list A Beautiful Mind and Gostord Park. As usual, I'm sure more of this stuff will be available in-store than it looks like right now. So check it out, and let us all know.

Jodee

Screenwriter
FYI for those asking about 1776--

At another forum, the 7/2 Best Buy sale prices were posted and 1776 was NOT included/advertised.

So you might want to nab this one as an online pre-order, since it doesn't look like it will be a sale-priced B&M title.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering about that. BB doesn't seem to really go too big on "catalog" titles that weren't mega-blockbusters. 1776 falls into that category, I'm afraid! :rolleyes

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Can anybody confirm or deny the $4 off A Beautiful Mind and Gosford Park at Circuit City? I've seen the BB $4 off deal in their weekly ad online, but CC doesn't have a scan of their flier on their website. Is the CC offer an advertised deal or is it spur of the moment in reaction to the BB deal?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone who might somehow have A Beautiful Mind already confirm or deny the presence of a trailer on the disc for [rant]Back to the Future Trilogy[/rant]? I saw a list of DVD's it is supposed to be on, and ABM is first up. Also, it (BTTF) is supposed to be trailered on the big screen, in front of The Two Towers! :eek:

Jodee

Screenwriter
I just got back from Circuit City and can confirm that bought together, A Beautiful Mind & Gosford Park both rang up at $15.99 each! Woo-hoo! Thankfully the only version in sight at CC for ABM was widescreen. Double woo-hoo!

So that was it for me this week. Next week I'm getting 1776 (already on pre-order, I am buying it sight unseen from all the HTF praise) and I'll also pick up Shallow Hal and of course ST:TNG Season 3 (even though we are still watching S1, gotta pick up them up as released!).

Mike Kelly

Stunt Coordinator
I went to Best Buy for the Beautiful Mind/Gosford Park deal (I had a gift card to use). After I asked the customer service clerk to price match Circuit City to get the extra $2 off GP, he literally had to scan the discs about 5 times each. I guess the price match, sale and special $4 off sale was too much. He was so flustered that on the third try he had BM for $15.99 and GP for $13.99. I told him he was too low, but he said please take it. I was glad to oblige.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Keep up the good work David. August will be a stress test, but we'll be there salivating on our refresh keys on Sunday. :emoji_thumbsup:

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I went to target to get a beautiful mind (I got a gift card for my b-day) well all they have is full frame priced at $19.99, the slot where the WS is supposed to be shows a price for $17.99 however they did not get any WS copies in. :angry:
The good news is that the full frame is more expensive. Maybe that will discourage J6P from buying the P&S.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
the manager said that they did not get any WS copies in. I had to go to another target to use my gift card.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Did a little counting yesterday to get Oar vs P&S totals for "A Beautiful Mind"
Curcuit City 55 copies---17 Widescreen
Best Buy 217 Copies---165 Widescreen
Suncoast 65 Copies---46 Widescreen
Borders 37 Copies---ALL WIDESCREEN!!!!
Also as much as I hate to shop at Borders. They were my salvation yesterday in finding 20 Million Miles To Earth. Got it for $21.99. :D :D
Joe

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
WARNING if you live in Hawaii & shop at Circuit City: Don't expect Beautiful Mind / Gosford Park to ring up $15.99 ea. This fine national chain has a new policy to charge higher prices in one state only - Hawaii. They are "discounted" only to $19.99 each, minus the $4 if you buy them together ($17.99 ea after discount).
I know of no other comparable national chain adding a surcharge to customers only in Hawaii. It is a general CC policy, as reflected in a notice to Hawaii residents on the CC online shopping cart. David's price list does work for every other store in Hawaii - only CC inflates prices. Shop elsewhere to save $$.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Doug, thank you for the very valuable information. I'll see if I can't work it into the fine print of the Roundups just as a reminder.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks