What's new

Weekly Roundup 6/24 (1 Viewer)

Jodee

Screenwriter
Just got back from my DVD run. No Lost in La Mancha at Best Buy. In fact the salesdrone looked at me like I was nuts. She looked it up and it wasn't even listed in their system. Nothing even under "Lost in". I even asked another guy who looked more efficient and he had also no idea what I was talking about.

I picked up Punch-Drunk Love ($17.99) and then headed for Target to get The Hours (15.99).

Then I went to Costco. No Man of La Mancha either! I did pick up the Fifth Element Superbit which was $18.99 plus a $5 rebate. I first heard about the Superbit rebate on DVD Talk, but there was no sign on the display. I asked the cashier if he could verify the rebate before ringing it though but he said it only spits out the rebate after the transaction is complete. Thankfully the rebate form printed out!! Costco has a really easy system now to fill out rebate forms on their web-site. I already got my $4 Pianist rebate from May 27th.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Dave - Thanks as always for the Weekly Round-Up!

Wal-Mart (Corona, CA) has the following new releases for $13.88 each:

Punch Drunk Love: SuperBit
The Hours (both WS & FF)
Dark Blue: SE

Cowboy Bepop: The Movie
Kangaroo Jack (both WS & FF)

They did not have either Blind Date: 3-Pack or The Man Show: S1, V1. The clerk didn't think that Wal-Mart would be carrying these titles. Has anyone come across any unadvertised specials on these two?

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Let me ask a quick question:

I saw that Best Buy has Ferris Beuller's Day Off and Lock, Stock & 2 Smocking Barrels together for 12 dollars.

I'm really tempted to pick them up but wanted to ask if anybody has heard any sort of rumors of a re-release with a better edition of some sort. Lock Stock I don't really think would get one, but maybe Ferris would get one.

Anybody hear anything?

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I wanted to thank you all for pushing me towards the Monk Premiere Episode. Watching the premier again just let me know exactly how much I love the show.

Waiting for any word on the whole first season will be a killer.

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
Anyone seen any copies of Popeye at a B&M in the Fort Lauderdale area yet? None of the Best Buys have then in stock yet.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I finally found Popeye at Borders...at the list price of $19.99! :eek: Yet I broke down and bought it. Sigh...what an idyit I am.

FYI, two different Best Buys "promised" me that they would have it in stock within a week. Presumably for $14.99, but I guess I could not wait. I LOVE this movie. Looks and sounds great, too! I grabbed Hercules and Laugh-In at Best Buy, along with some catalog stuff from Roundups past that they finally leaked in (Super Mario Bros., Song of Bernadette, Grease 2, etc.).

FYI, Best Buy had Blind Date: Uncensored over in the section where you find the Playboy and Girls Gone Wild type of stuff. Wal-Mart's video dept. supervisor expressly told me that they were not carrying Man Show or Blind Date, and that he was planning to drop by Circuit City for the former. I told him to hit Best Buy instead and save $7. Maybe next time he'll remember me and give me a discount. :laugh:

Alex: you're welcome about Monk. :) To spam you for a moment, why don't you sign up at TVShowsOnDVD.com and ask for e-mail notifications (don't worry, you only get the e-mail you ask for; Gord and I HATE junk e-mail), and vote for season sets of Monk. As soon as we post a news item or a release listing, BAM! You find out about it. And, if you find out about it first, let us know and we'll mention your name in the news item. Hey, we give credit where it is due.

In regard to Ferris Bueller: I would honestly be surprised to see an SE release of that one. Paramount will surely concentrate on other items to double-dip.

About PDL for $17.99 at BB: TOLD YA! :wink:

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
David, dont feel bad about popeye! I would have paid that much too, but i got lucky this week and recieved a 7.00 off certificate from suncoast because i have a membership card , so i paid 13.77 for it !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks