What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6-22-2010 (1 Viewer)

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Hi John,

Interesting quirk indeed but that's good to know! Not too much of a problem for me to drop by the store although it would be much more preferable for an accurate reflection of stock - even a vague "Likely in store" as Borders would be more useful for low inventory situations rather than Unavailable. Anyway such is life. Thanks for the heads up.

Regards,

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Online/ in-store inventory tracking is a pretty complex process. "Likely in store" is an interesting idea, though.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

Online/ in-store inventory tracking is a pretty complex process. "Likely in store" is an interesting idea, though.

That always seemed strange to me when it comes to big chains. I work for a mom and pop business, and occassionally we'll lose track of inventory for a while if someone forgets to update the proper tallies. You'd think an operation the size of Best Buy would invest in the R&D necessary for a networked, chain-wide inventory system that can be utilized both internally and for the website.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
When I worked for Target we had the chain-wide inventory search available in-store, but the counts only update when the store closes and sales are polled. I am assuming that most chains' systems work like that which prevents accurate on-hands.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Borders 50% off Blu-rays through Sunday if you are a Rewards Member. Criterion included.

http://ebm.cheetahmail.com/c/tag/tBMLWXoAQfEXsB8NYWvADXy5dst/doc.html?t_params=I_BANNER%3D4%26I_DASHBOARD%3D0%26I_FROM%3D1%26I_LILLITHBANNER%3D0%26I_MILITARY%3D2%26I_NEW_FOOTER1%3D0%26I_SUBJECT%3D3%26I_TROUBLE%3D2%26I_YB3%3D2%26EMAIL%3Dawc54%2540aol.com%26VALUE_3%3DYBX3002&cmpid=SA_20100702

If that link changes and doesn't show the sale, don't worry, it's on. Online code is BTJ7933K, but it's also good in stores if you are a rewards member.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks