What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6/21/2005 (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Mike, you can scratch that from your list. It's simply a colorized abomination of a public domain Sherlock Holmes film. A much better DVD (restored and in original B&W) can be had from MPI. Fox got the date wrong when they put out their press release.

Steve

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter

I'd hazard a guess that this is the special that ran on NBC a few months back. It was pretty entertaining. It was a 2hr overview of those first years.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I haven't seen this come up elsewhere, but I was in Costco tonight and saw they have a $20 off special on X-Files Season Sets. That's each box set, $20 off, making them 45.99 each. The sets are in the usual longboxes with the $20 off deal printed on the packaging. They didn't seem to have too many cases of them, so people should act fast.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Aaron:
This is the NBC special from a few months ago (Feb sweeps maybe?), although I seem to recall that it an expanded version. There's a write-up at TVShowsonDVD.com.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
Thanks to everyone for answering my September 6 Question. So far Lost and Toy Story (10th Anniversary Edition) may end up in my shopping cart.

Was that made in 1925? :D

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

The silent version was, and it is being included in this set as an extra.

Steve

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
Charlton Heston wasn't involved in the 1925 version, right? Seeing his commentary mentioned right after "1925 film" was confusing me, since he was born in 1924.

GarySchrock

Second Unit

It's a commentary track consisting of burbling, burping, and giggling, with the occasional ear splittling screamiung thrown in for good measure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks