What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– Avatar: The Way of Water – 2022
full

– The Manchurian Candidate – 1962
full

– Where the North Begins – 1923
full

– Mr. Wong, Detective – 1938
full

– The Day of the Owl (aka Mafia) – 1968
full

– Tales from the...

Continue reading...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Rin-Tin-Tin was one of the brightest stars at Warner Brothers, yet I’m not sure I have ever seen one of his films. I just may have to rectify that with this week’s release.

I can’t see needing to upgrade my Blu copy of the 1962 Manchurian Candidate.

Nice releases of the Karloff Mr. Wong films of the ‘30s and Franco Nero mafia films of the ‘70s.

And then there’s Avatar. Does anyone want to try and sell me on this one? It’s been so long since the first film, I don’t even remember much about it…let alone feel any kind of desire to see a sequel.

Safe shopping, RoundUppers! :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up the Avatars on UHD this week.

And then there’s Avatar. Does anyone want to try and sell me on this one? It’s been so long since the first film, I don’t even remember much about it…let alone feel any kind of desire to see a sequel.
I think you share the feelings of many people towards Avatar but the new movie made a bajillion dollars so the sequel definitely won people over.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Interesting that the 4K of Avatar only contains the theatrical cut. I'm one of those who appreciated the extended cuts in the megasuperduper Blu Ray edition from back in the day.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Rin-Tin-Tin was one of the brightest stars at Warner Brothers, yet I’m not sure I have ever seen one of his films. I just may have to rectify that with this week’s release.

Amazon has dropped the price on Kino's Rin Tin Tin release to $14.99. I have ordered! But Amazon says I can expect to receive the release on July 18 (a full month after it streets). We'll see.

I've waited THIS long to see a Rin Tin Tin movie...another month won't kill me. :D

DennisBassi

Second Unit
Real Name
Dennis
Does anyone know what makes the Criterion Red River edition new? I have the criterion Blu ray from a few years ago. Looking on Amazon it indicates an extended cut, which I am not sure I have. Does anyone know what is different?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you for your work, Mike! You're certainly getting these up early.

Nothing for me this week, though.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Does anyone know what makes the Criterion Red River edition new? I have the criterion Blu ray from a few years ago. Looking on Amazon it indicates an extended cut, which I am not sure I have. Does anyone know what is different?
My review of the Criterion release indicates the theatrical cut and a pre-release cut.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks