What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6-20-2006 (1 Viewer)

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Anyone find Superman TAS Vol. 3 with the movie cash coupon at all? The 2 Best Buys and Circuit Cities in my area had the sets, but no movie ticket...

mike.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
BB..the one i have has the sticker on it/ havent opened it yet though

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Sorry to hijack the thread Mike...

For being Super Tuesday and what WB called a Superman blitz, this was pathetic. I hit Circuit City at 5:30 straight from work. They didn't have ANY of the new releases on their regular racks. There was one small display sitting near the front of the store.

So then I went over to BB. They had their big Superman display up...with old releases (Superfriends, JL, S:TAS, Lois and Clark, et al.). Not a single new release anywhere. They had the releases on the feature wall, though.

It just strikes me as incredibly inane to be promoting a movie like this and the two biggest retailers in the country have anemic and hard to find products. Very ticked off today.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That is definitely NOT a hijack, Jason. This is very much the place for a comment such as yours. I was quite surprised when I saw this weekend's flyers and saw the vast amount of Superman-related product that was poised for release today. For them to find a way to screw it up is just too bad. :frowning:

James@R

Second Unit
I didn't have any trouble with my local Best Buy, aside from them not having any copies of S:TAS 3. (It's possible they had already sold out, since I went late, but I doubt it.) However, I had gone to Wal-Mart earlier, and they only had a few copies of the Adventures of Superman and Lois and Clark sets. They hadn't even bothered to stock Krypto or Superboy yet.

I think the problem is that, despite the variety of titles, none of them were probably regarded as a high priority. I mean, Best Buy didn't include Superboy in their big display, but I doubt they received any complaints about that oversight. (Judging from their Superboy stock, they had only sold one or two copies at best.)

You basically had three older tv shows, and four cartoons. For the most part, this is probably not stuff that is going to jump out at casual consumers- who tend to prefer current titles.

If the promotion had featured new releases of the Christopher Reeve films, I'm sure things would've been handled much differently. Just as I'm sure it will be a much different story when Superman Returns arrives on dvd.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
As a followup to my earlier posts, I just wanted to pass along that I returned to Circuit City this evening with my sales receipt and a copy of their Sunday ad. I went to customer service and politely explained that I had purchased two DVDs earlier in the day and according to their ad, both were to come packaged with free movie cash, but only one did. The clerk asked which title was missing the cash and I told him it was Superman TAS season 3. We walked back to the display and EVERYTHING was sold out except for 3 copies of Lois & Clark (perhaps there is more demand than retailers anticipated?) He grabbed one, opened it up, retrieved the movie cash and handed it to me, all the while apologizing for any inconvenience.

No fuss. No muss.

I call that good customer service and it certainly makes me more apt to shop there in future.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Does the "Look Up in The Sky" Doc. come with movie cash. I wasn't going to buy it because I anticipate buying the Ultimate Boxed Set which is believed to be including the doc. But with a price of $9.99 and movie cash, the DVD works out to be almost free.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Will...I picked up the two disc doc at BB. There was no movie cash with it. I didn't see stickers on any of the remaining discs on the shelf (either the one or two disc).

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Picked up Eight Below last night (at BB with a PM to CC) for the kiddos with movie cash (Pirates) for me. As always, thanks Mike!

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
My local Wal-Mart (Murrieta, CA) had the Superman Returns Movie Cash stickers on the following Superman releases today:
  • Adventures of Superman: Seasons 3 & 4 ($26.48)
  • Justice League: Season 2 ($30.28)
  • Lois & Clark: Season 3 ($37.88)
  • Superman - Brainiac Attacks ($14.13)
I didn't pick-up any of the Superman releases - I only grabbed Eight Below ($13.87) while I was there. I previously ordered Syriana ($13.99) and What's Eating Gilbert Grape ($12.99) from Amazon because I had a couple of Gift / Promotional Certificates to burn.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Amazingly, my BB customer service clerk tonight gave me no hassles in PMing CC's $13.99 on Eight Below (even though the ad doesn't "exactly" list the price). Son & I will be heading off to PotC 2 in a couple of weeks! Woohoo! I also picked up a couple copies of BB's bonus disc previewing the Prairie Home Companion movie.

And...my BB had Superman movie cash stickers on ALL the titles advertised...including The Adventures of Superman: Seasons 3 & 4.

Kevin Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin Eckhardt
Happened across a pretty good deal at my local Walmart last night. Big Superman display in one of the aisles had the following for $16.99 each:

Smallville S1-S4
Lois & Clark S1-S2 (didn't see S3)
Adventures of Superman S1-S2 (didn't see S3/S4)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing the northeast got all the Superman:TAS vol. 3 with Movie cash tickets in them.

From Best Buy, my Justice League Season 2 had the movie cash ticket, but I didn't get my comic cover, ah well...

I really hope my IMAX theater will apply the $10.50 towards an IMAX showing of SR next week. Just want to max out the value of the ticket if possible.

Ruslan

Stunt Coordinator
Amazon has some really good deals on the Superman titles too - I just ordered Superman: Animated Series Season 1 & 2 for a combined $19.99!

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator

No such deal at my Wal-Mart, which I rushed to last night (I've been wanting Lois & Clark 2, but have been holding off thinking Warner might do another big "sets under $20" deal like they did last year). They did, however, have Adventures of Superman Season 1 at $14.44, which I grabbed!

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator

Got a link to that, by any chance? I'm seeing them at $14 and change per, or together for a little over $27. I'd grab 'em at $19.99 for the pair, for sure!

John Swarce

Second Unit

I didn't see this deal either. I was specifically looking for the Smallville Seasons 3 & 4. Both Walmarts I went to had them for $29.98. :frowning: Definitely a YMMV on this one! (Wound up picking them up at CC for $24.99 each...sort of a BOGO deal at their $49.99 regular price).

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks