What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6-20-2006 (1 Viewer)

BrandonJF

Second Unit

It isn't exclusive to CC. WB has been advertising the tickets in all of their print ads for the sets with no mention of retailer exclusivity. Their only caveat has been "specially marked packages while supplies last".

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks Mike and Patrick!

This is a BIG week for me. I am still debating whether to go with the exclusive comics at BB or the litho cells at CC, but one way or another I plan to buy:
Adventures of Superman: Seasons 3 & 4
Superman-Animated Series: Vol. 3
Look, Up in the Sky…(2-disc)
Superboy: Season 1
and... Mary Tyler Moore Show: Season 4

My wallet is weeping! :eek:

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

I stopped into CC this morning to check out the advertised Superman-related DVD titles. Only some of the sets are running the lithograph promotion (Justice League: Season 2 is excluded :frowning: ) There should be two stickers on the shrinkwrap: one for the Movie Cash offer, the other for the lithograph). I don't remember the exact wording on the sticker for the lithograph offer, but I'm under the impression that there's one lithograph per DVD package, rather than four, i.e. you'll have to buy the other Superman sets to collect all of them (maybe I'm wrong :confused: ).

If someone picks up any of the Superman sets, please let us know if it's a) one lithograph, b) four separate lithographs, or c) one lithograph with four segments.

Derek S

Stunt Coordinator
Does any know if the movie cash comes in the volume three os STAS? the lady at circuit city said only the ones with stickers had the cash, even though they were all in the ad.

thanks

D

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I think that "4 pack litho cell set with any of these" is pretty clear. You should get a set of 4 with the purchase.

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, there! Long time lurker, first-time poster. As Derek S mentioned, has anyone found a package of STAS Vol. 3 with the free movie ticket offer? I went to four of the five major retailers around my area (CC, BB, Wal-Mart, and Target) at lunch and could find no movie ticket offer on the outside of the package. At Wal-Mart, none of the JL set had the offer on the shrink wrap, and BB had half-and-half. Looks like I may have to pick up Krypto to get that second free ticket.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I had an exasperating experience at Circuit City: I planned on only buying the Superman: The Animated Series vol. 3 $22.99, and expected to get the Movie Cash for Superman Return ticket (to offset the purchase price). I had also planned on getting Justice League season 2, but only as a backup. There were plenty of movie cash stickers on every title in the promotion EXCEPT for the Superman: The Animated Series vol. 3, but it did have a sticker for the lithograph offer. I asked the sales associated about the situation, and she looked at all the other copies, and only had the sticker with the litho offer, but not the movie cash offer. She suggested I buy the DVD set, open it up, and if the movie cash ticket wasn't in there, I could return it.

So I bought it (got over-charged by $2, so had to get a price adjustment), opened it and only found just ONE lithograph, and no movie cash ticket. I go to the service desk, explain the situation, the clerk looked over the sales circular, checks with the resident manager, she's useless, tells the clerk to call over to another store. So another store is called, and they confirm that none of the Superman: The Animated Series vol 3 had the movie cash ticket from their stock. So finally I get a refund...20-30 minutes later!!! Sheesh!

So, the sales circular might be wrong, or the DVD fullfillment of that particular title to Circuit City got it wrong and didn't put the movie cash ticket inside any of the the Superman: The Animated Series vol. 3 DVD sets.

I ended up going to Best Buy to get the 2-disc edition of "Up, Up and Away...", and caved on getting Justice League Season 2 (with movie cash) for the time being, and it was cheaper at BB than at CC, so that was a minor positive over a protracted Tuesday shopping experience.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
BTW, yes, the Circuit City ad is misleading, you only get 1 Lithograph per DVD/DVD set, not a set of 4 as indicated in the sales circular. I suspect some people will be bitching at Circuit City customer service in the next few days.

Derek S

Stunt Coordinator
the movie cash is NOT inside the S:TAS set.

as for the litho, there was just one pic with the volume three set I bought. it looks just like the one that came in the volume two set (different picture)

Looks like I will also be buying the Krypto dvd.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I don't think any copies of Superman: The Animated Series vol. 3 include movie cash. None of the 2-disc sets (which typically retail for around $20 on sale) were supposed to come with movie cash. Justice League has it because it is a 4-disc set at a higher price point.

My experience with this today is that I ended up buying Superboy (with movie cash and comic) and the 2-disc Brian Singer documentary at BB. They had no copies of Superman: The Animated Series vol. 3 and none of their Adventures of Superman Seasons 3 & 4 had the movie cash sticker on the box. I was informed by a sales drone that it did not come with movie cash (only the comic.) Not believing her, I decided to pass and went to CC. They did not have Superboy, but they had Superman: The Animated Series vol. 3 (no movie cash) with the litho cell and Adventures of Superman Seasons 3 & 4, but theirs had the litho cell and the movie cash.

So this is a very definite YMMV kind of thing. My advice is to look closely at the packaging when you buy any of these titles. If there is not a sticker on the box promoting free movie cash, don't expect to find it on the inside...

Derek S

Stunt Coordinator
I think circuit city should honor their ads, the ad I received says litho and movie cash with any of these titles. It shows all of the superman titles that have been mentioned in this thread. it was fun watching the clerk try to explain to me why S:TAS did not have the cash.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Crap. I was going to do some juggling with price matches and what not in order to get the litho and the comic from BB. I am on the verge of saying F it and just going to BB...provided they have movie cash in their sets.

Heck, I'm buying six tix for SR next week...every little bit is going to help.

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator

Actually all the copies of the single-disc Krypto I saw in stores this afternoon had the free movie ticket offer. I would've thought STAS would've been a more logical candidate for this offer. Now the question: Do I buy a dvd of a series I'm not as familiar with for the sake of a second free movie ticket? It would've been nice for STAS, since I plan on purchasing it anyway.

Jeff

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Here's some new release titles that Target is carrying that are not listed in the circular:
Night Watch: $19.99
What's Eating Gilbert Grape SE: $14.99
Up In The Sky...: $14.99
Adventures Of Superman S3/4: $29.99 (the boxes displayed had the Movie cash stickers at my store)
Superman The Animated Series: $19.99
Justice League S2: $34.99

Didn't notice any stickers on titles other than the George Reeve series...but wasn't really looking.

Picked up "Mary Tyler Moore" for $22.99...then turned around and bought "The Omen" for $11.99 after applying the $5 gift card I got with the MTM set!

AND picked up the new Keane CD...

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I may have been mistaken in my previous post about Superman TAS v.3 not coming with movie cash. I checked out a couple of other boards and it looks to me like ALL of the Supes related titles released today (with the exception of "Look... Up in the Sky!") are supposed to have special movie cash packages available. The fact that many stores (including BB and CC) appear to not have any at all of some of these titles is becoming a problem.

I did not go back and read it, but wasn't this movie cash promotion even mentioned by the Warner Bros. reps in the most recent HTF chat?

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Costco has the new Charlie Chan set for $35.87 (Betty Grable is the same price).

They also got Clark Gable and Bette Davis 2 (a bit late on the latter) for $36.87.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks