What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– Morbius – 2022
full

– The Mysterious Dr. Fu Manchu – 1929
full

– Ambulance – 2022
full

– Love Slaves of the Amazon – 1957

full

– Father Stu – 2022

full

– Benedetta – 2021

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Variety is the spice of life (so they say).

Well, I think there is great variety in this week's listing of new home video releases.

Hope youse guyses like spice! :D

Safe shopping, RoundUppers!

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Maybe Morbius and Eurotrip this week. Not a great week for good releases.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yep, Little Rascals has been pre-ordered. Will also get Morbius at some point.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Target Buy 2, Get 1 Free for Movies starts Sunday June 12 -- sometime around 3am ET if you really want to get the jump on things. Unfortunately with Target (or Ingram Ent) dumping all the Allied Vaughn sourced title, it cut my wish list by 80%. No more Warner Archive, Universal or Sony pressed MOD, etc. They'd already removed quite a large proportion on the Shout Discs and half my Kino titles though usually Kino runs a bit better sales anyway.

I know some folks like to get the older Criterion discs from them, but the new selection less than 1 year out aren't usually as nicely priced esp with Barnes 50% sale coming up in a 2-3 weeks.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I have been waiting and wondering when the next Target B2G1 was coming. I also didn’t know about losing Warner Archive, et al. Thanks for the info, David.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Target Buy 2, Get 1 Free for Movies starts Sunday June 12 -- sometime around 3am ET if you really want to get the jump on things. Unfortunately with Target (or Ingram Ent) dumping all the Allied Vaughn sourced title, it cut my wish list by 80%. No more Warner Archive, Universal or Sony pressed MOD, etc. They'd already removed quite a large proportion on the Shout Discs and half my Kino titles though usually Kino runs a bit better sales anyway.

I know some folks like to get the older Criterion discs from them, but the new selection less than 1 year out aren't usually as nicely priced esp with Barnes 50% sale coming up in a 2-3 weeks.
Right, it's not as good like the old days. However, I did get Criterion's Double Indemnity 4K and the preorder for Buck and the Preacher Blu-ray. Also, preorders for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse Madness 4K and Jurassic 6 4K, Red Dawn 4K, Paths of Glory 4K and The Killing 4K along with some other titles.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The 4K titles I picked up are Strange, Dominion, Paths, The Killing, Top Gun Maverick, and 12 Monkeys. With the deal and the 5% Redcard discount, it worked out to $21.75 each including tax and (free) shipping. Not fantastic, but pretty good all things considered. I really like the fact that Target includes per-orders in most of their sales.

Oh yeah, and Mike? Thanks as ALWAYS for the hard work and dedication you put into making the Roundup happen! I can't even BEGIN to tell you how much money you've cost me over the years! :rolling-smiley:

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The 4K titles I picked up are Strange, Dominion, Paths, The Killing, Top Gun Maverick, and 12 Monkeys. With the deal and the 5% Redcard discount, it worked out to $21.75 each including tax and (free) shipping. Not fantastic, but pretty good all things considered. I really like the fact that Target includes per-orders in most of their sales.

Oh yeah, and Mike? Thanks as ALWAYS for the hard work and dedication you put into making the Roundup happen! I can't even BEGIN to tell you how much money you've cost me over the years! :rolling-smiley:

Preorders seem to have been hit or miss during these B2G1 deals.

They aren't supposed to be part of it, but often it seem Target doesn't block all of them at least early. Often you'll see some or even all of the preorders pulled after a few orders are made. Most of the late 2020 and 2021 sales had only a few slip through, but the Nov Sale and this sale they haven't been nearly as strict. Several preorders that were active early Sunday have already had the promo eligibility pulled.

Moral of the story -- if you see active preorders you're interested in, order early and don't wait too long.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Preorders seem to have been hit or miss during these B2G1 deals.
Moral of the story -- if you see active preorders you're interested in, order early and don't wait too long.
Yup which is why I try to be online when their sales go live.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I have been checking out Target's B2G1 sale items, and I noticed that for some of the biggest and most expensive sets there is a warning message in the product description that says:

"This item won't be shipped in a Target box. This item may ship in its original packaging."

Has anyone ordered a blu-ray/DVD set from Target that had this warning? If so, did they really just send out the blu-ray set with no shipping protection at all, or was it at least in some kind of padded mailer?

There's a few TV series box sets I would like to buy that have this warning, and it makes me a little nervous. Surely they wouldn't send out sets with zero protection, or would they?

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I have been checking out Target's B2G1 sale items, and I noticed that for some of the biggest and most expensive sets there is a warning message in the product description that says:

"This item won't be shipped in a Target box. This item may ship in its original packaging."

Has anyone ordered a blu-ray/DVD set from Target that had this warning? If so, did they really just send out the blu-ray set with no shipping protection at all, or was it at least in some kind of padded mailer?

There's a few TV series box sets I would like to buy that have this warning, and it makes me a little nervous. Surely they wouldn't send out sets with zero protection, or would they?

It varies. It may in a paper, plastic or Tyvek envelope or chipboard or corrugated cardboard encased packaging-depending on the size of the item or the order. Many of the items are "drop-shipped" from the supplier so it's hard to say. It's similar to DeepDiscount.

I've orderd a few sets from them and they are generally in good condition after being handled by the new USPS.

Last edited:

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
It varies. It may in a paper, plastic or Tyvek envelope or chipboard or corrugated cardboard encased packaging-depending on the size of the item or the order. Many of the items are "drop-shipped" from the supplier so it's hard to say. It's similar to DeepDiscount.

I've orderd a few sets from them and they are generally in good condition after being handled by the new USPS.
Thanks for the info. So what they mean is that Target won't package the product, but the supplier will. That's fine then.

I was worried it would be like some boxes of diapers I got from Amazon that had no shipping packaging whatsoever, just a shipping label slapped onto the product box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.