What's new

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Same here. It's confirmed as arriving today. Bit of disappointment that the price never came down from $29.99 for the 3D version, but at least it's coming.

For those that haven't ordered yet -- BN.com has them listed at 26.99 for the 3D and 4K titles, 21.60 for 2D.
BESTDAD 10% code whole cart applies (expires at Midnight PT tonight), but FS is $25 for those without membership

Potential PM at BBY or Target or pick up at BN B&M. Since the 40% sale started today it will be the same price in store. The stores don't have a lot of 4K, but a few stores do. 3D can be the same issue.
You can use their ship to home process for items not in store -- it essentially works as an instore purchase with member discount and coupons though you still have to meet the $25 FS limit if you aren't a member
For Members or those with extra discount coupons this could be easily the best release day price.
$20.50 sounds pretty good to me with no other decent prices at all

You might have to call teh store to check stock today. I don't think the online inventory check has been updated or else my local stores don't even carry the std 2D which wouldn't make sense.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Good info David! If I hadn't gotten mine already from Amazon, I'd go after that deal. Thanks for sharing.

On another note, I watched the movie again this evening after it came in the mail and am delighted to report that it holds up tremendously well to repeat viewing (I only saw it once in theaters) and remains a complete joy to watch from beginning to end. I'm not really thrilled about paying $24.99 for it, but I'm sure I will watch it a lot.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
After seeing your post, David, I decided to be a bit more patient and get the Lego Batman and John Wick 2 UHDs from Barnes & Noble. They didn't have them in store though. If I want to do ship to store, do I have to arrange that in store? There was no one manning the media department for the 15 minutes or so I was looking around. Also, the DVD/Blu-ray selection continues to dwindle while the vinyl selection expands.

John Burton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
I'll be getting Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes on 4K Blu-ray. Best Buy's steelbok of Logan 4K Blu-ray was a disaster. They barely stocked any and sold out immediately.
I went to Best Buy the morning of the "Logan" release, and when I got there, there was a line of about 5 people when I arrived. By the time the doors opened there was 15 (I counted). Everyone one of us in line went straight to the steel book "Logan" disc. I hung around for about 20 min. afterwards, and that's when I saw they had sold out. It was about the same for "Beauty and the Beast", they seemed to have a lot more of those disc available.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
After seeing your post, David, I decided to be a bit more patient and get the Lego Batman and John Wick 2 UHDs from Barnes & Noble. They didn't have them in store though. If I want to do ship to store, do I have to arrange that in store? There was no one manning the media department for the 15 minutes or so I was looking around. Also, the DVD/Blu-ray selection continues to dwindle while the vinyl selection expands.

The ship-to-home needs to be from initiated from a store terminal, but some stores/clerks will allow you to do it by phone.
Unfortunately many of the Media section have eliminated their full time media manager/clerk and I find except at busy time/holidays there are rarely clerks in that area anymore. Most of my stores now tell you to go to the front desks to check out so go to the Customer Service desk and have them run your order.

My ship to home orders usually start with Media or CS running the order (entering your shipping information and adding items to your order) and then they send you to the cashier to check out, add the discounts, and pay. Even when I've done it by phone it seems like it's two steps -- they create the order on one terminal, then physical move to the POS Computer to check out -- sometimes one person does both, sometimes I get switched to a different person.

It isn;t the most effiicient system so I'd suggest trying to hit the store at a slower time of day or calling early morning or later in the evening when it's slower in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks