1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly RoundUp 6-11-2019

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mike Frezon, Jun 6, 2019.

1. 24fpsNinja

24fpsNinja Agent
    Supporter

Rob
    Appreciate the info. Looks to be the same as the original release so I’m happy that I don’t have to double dip. Funny you mentioned the pink case because I switched my original with a pink case too.

Jake Lipson likes this.
  2. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    I guess that would be why they didn't bother to issue a press release for it. If it's identical to the original release, the purpose of it is to put the film back into print, since the original Blu-ray fell out of print some time ago, rather than an attempt by Paramount to do anything new with it.

I'm glad to have it since I never got it before, but I do think it's a missed opportunity to include something about the Broadway musical. If they shot even just a five-minute interview with Tina Fey and the cast of the Broadway show and put it on there, it would essentially be free advertising for the show that would reach directly to the fan base. There's a paper insert with an ad for the show included, but a video featurette would have driven that home in a more substantial way than a print ad. By simply re-pressing the old disc, they didn't incur any costs involved with actually authoring a new one, but it sacrifices the chance to promote the show, which is also produced by Paramount.

But I don't work at Paramount, so what do I know?