What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6-10-2008 (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I'll be getting my father John Adams. I'm gonna hold out for a Blu-ray for myself, hopefully one will be coming.

And if I can find Rome S2 at CC, I'll be picking it up! Thanks guys!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey, Ric! FYE was running one of those 40% off a used DVD coupon in the Sunday Times-Union.

===============

Dammit. So you guys think there'll be a BD of John Adams coming down the pike? Aaaargh. :angry: I hate decisions like that. I'm real happy with myself for importing the UK BD of Sweeney Todd. I think I'll go for the SD of John Adams anyway.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
John, thanks for the tip on that Genesis DVD! They're showing it in movie theaters tonight only, but nowhere around here. (The Genesis home page has a link to the list of theaters.)

Say, any news on the third boxed CD set (the one with the albums we REALLY want ;) )?

Mike Frezon: You will wait for the Blu-Ray of John Adams. Crom decrees it!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't think HBO has released any Blu Rays beyond the two Sopranos: Season Six sets. So if they aren't even releasing more of The Sopranos or other hits like Sex And The City or Entourage, I think John Adams is a long ways away. Personally, I would say rent it now and just wait for a sale on the DVD in a couple of months. Then even if the Blu Ray comes out in the next year, at least you only spent $20 or $25 on the DVD.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Hmmm... Now that you mention it, where is Band of Brothers (not the $$$ Japanese import)? :D

Anyway, maybe they'll be more willing to test the waters w/ their mini-series hits, particularly a recent one, if they're reluctant to go back to older multi-season series hits. I hope so anyway.

In the meantime, you're right, and that's probably why I started renting again -- this time w/ Blockbuster Online.

_Man_

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Or...order it tomorrow from DeepDiscount (where it's listed for $34.89) and get it for $27.91 in their 20% off sale! :D

And, THEN get the BD if I think it's necessary! :angry: :D

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

Thanks Mike!

As for John Adams... I saw it in HD on HBO. It seems like it would be taking a step backwards to get it as a standard DVD. Though as you folks have pointed out, HBO isn't exactly jumping at Blu-ray.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I'm just getting Every Which Way But Loose and Any Which Way You Can from CC for $4.99 each, and Superbad 2 Disc Extended Unrated Edition from Best Buy for $12.99.

John Swarce

Second Unit

Aaron:

I hear it's coming in September of this year. I cannot wait to hear Lamb remastered!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

--John

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott

They've now raised the price to $43.61:thumbsdown:

Costco is selling it for $34.99 and includes a MP3 CD Audiobook.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks