What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6/01/04 (1 Viewer)

Keith M.

Second Unit
only Cocoon for me...

I finally got my Monsters Legacy Collection in the mail today!! (was a pre-order):D :D And no loose discs!:emoji_thumbsup:

I will be catching up on my wishlist...

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Cary Grant Collection is $32.99 at Costco. And Wal-Mart had the Lakers box (here in San Antonio :)), for only $47.

Gavin_L

Second Unit

Yeah I went to Best Buy too.

I couldn't find them too, finally talked someone from Best Buy and found it in the tv sci fi section, I don't know why it was in their but..... also Flight of the Navigator, was in the action section, I finally found that after a while looking.... Seems like they were put in the wrong sections......

anyways thanks for the round up Mike

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

As an aside, the other day I was perusing the DVD section at my local Best Buy...rather bemused that I was finding musicals all over the map. Action, War/Westerns, Drama, etc.

I asked the clerk who was stocking the shelves from the rolling cart, "So you guys pretty much have movie musicals scattered all around the different sections, huh?"

He responded, "Well, we have Music DVDs right over here." And, he pointed over to where the concert and musician DVD section was just placed.

I said, "No. Movie musicals. Like 1776 & Fiddler on the Roof are in Drama, Annie Get Your Gun is in Westerns..."

"Yeah, well", he started. Then he showed me the price tag on whatever he was shelving at the time. "Its not like we have any choice in the matter. Its whatever 'they' decide, it gets printed on here, and that's where we have to put it."

I know that's how their system works. But somebody in corporate better re-think how to classify "Musicals". Its getting nuts at BB. Even if they just put 'em in "Family".

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Here's some new releases at Target that weren't listed in their circular:

Starship Troopers 2: $19.99
Flirting With Disaster: $19.99
Gods Must Be Crazy 1 and 2: $14.99 each
The Company: $19.99
Das Boot: $34.99
Dukes Of Hazzard Season 1: $29.99

There were also some Disney titles on a price cut through the month of June (I didn't write these down, so I will update Wed. evening):
Freaky Friday (original), Parent Trap (original) for $13.49 each
Freaky Friday 2 pack for $32.99
The Love Bug box set for $49.99

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
As a season ticket holder since 86, I have to put in a plug for the Bulls 90s Dynasty dvd set.
Can't let those Lakers get all the publicity;)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
And the Bulls set is cheaper (like $36 at Wal-Mart), though that's also because it's only a 4 dvd set. :)

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Well that 91 series was pretty short... maybe that's why 1 less dvd!

Just having fun with you George:)

I will have to check Walmart, thanks for the tip!

Hey why aren't you a Spurs fan? Tony Parker Sr went to my HS, we were the Catholic League champs his senior year.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Just an FYI: My local CC had the Copland SE regularly priced at $14.99, three dollars cheaper than the $17.99 mentioned in the roundup...a pleasant surprise :)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Because I was born and raised in Southern California. Although I now live in Texas I will always be a Lakers, Dodgers, Angels, USC, UCLA, Kings, Mighty Ducks, Clippers and NFL team to be named someday fan. :)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the Roundup Mike!!

I got Pitch Black since I love this flick and didn't have it and the Movie Cash will definitely come in handy (even if the movie sucks I will still go see it since it won't cost anything)

Also gonna go ahead with the Superbit Spidey and nabbed The Bulls Dynasty set from WM ($36!!) heck I didn't even know about this one.

Greg

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Thanks for the RoundUp Mike.
:)

I also purchased The Cary Grant Collection for $32.99 at Costco[/i] at less than $7.00 per film, it was a "no brainer" even if I only know for sure that I love three of the five films (the remaining two I haven't yet seen).

Jay*W

Second Unit
FYI, Best Buy had the Lakers DVD set for $45.99. I must say that I was fairly disappointed at how bad some of the full games look. I would have expected the NBA to take better care of its heritage (the most recent game, Lakers vs. Sacramento in 2002, looked shockingly brown and muddy). I still enjoyed the heck out of seeing Magic, Worthy, and Kareem face off against Bird, McHale, Parrish, DJ, et al. in the 1987 championship series. I'll definitely be grabbing any Celtics set when it comes out to help flesh out the picture of the halcyon days of the '80s.

I also picked up the new NFL Films Super Bowl set for $41.57 at Sam's in Atlanta. As always with Wal-Mart and its affiliates, the prices may vary wildly from store to store.

Jay

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
Somehow I missed that The Gods Must Be Crazy I & II was released a while back as a 2 disc set. I found that out while I was checking online prices on the singles. Seemed to be the same discs so I ordered the set for $22.08 at DDD.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
The Chicago Bulls dynasty set is $34.99 at circuitcity.com
Currently backordered but will ship when it comes in. The lakers are $59.99.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Got Pirates of The Carribean at Best Buy today for $12.99. It was marked $22.99. Had been hoping to pick this one up used for ten or so, but I'll take it new for that price.:D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
You folks drooling over the sports releases will be happy at the fact that Warner will very soon announce some new ones. I don't know if you'll like the subject matter, but here's the sneak preview:

Jeff D

Supporting Actor

Well, I sure hope that the champs are included in the TOP 11 teams. Bring on the PATS! I just got done transferring my HDTV superbowl recording to DVD. I got the NFL Films highlights of that game and would love to see the entire season at whatever price!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks