What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5-9-2006 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

you wonder if there will be an sd dvd of rumor has it?
there is a widescreen and a full screen version availble in sd.

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
OK, so there are two SD-only versions (MAR and OAR) and an HD/SD hybrid version, then?

Man, this is confusing. And so much more than I care about this movie...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up:

Masters Of Horror:Chocolate
Masters Of Horror: Incident On And Off A Mountain Road
Munich (Two Disc)
The Poseidon Adventure
The Towering Inferno

Bigger week than I really realized. Thanks for the prices! :)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Just a heads up on the Target ad: I was in there this morning and all their Food Network DVD's are priced at $16.99, not just the 3 listed in the flyer. I picked up two Rachael Ray sets for $16.99.

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator

Eh. Even then. I liked her in "Office Space" but I don't really follow her regularly. There are many, MANY actresses I'm more enamored with. I'm much more likely to sit through a bad Jessica Alba movie than a bad Jennifer Aniston movie. :)

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
Thanks for the prices.

I wanted to get the Munich 2-disc, but those prices are ridiculous. When will this dual release trend end? :angry:

Eric_R.

Stunt Coordinator

Yah I don't think 27 is worth it for a 2 disk release. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy that either.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
For the record, Sams should have The O.C. seasons 1/2 for $24.99 each, or right around there. That's what they are for me locally.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Keith Which one are you going to buy. I currently have a samsung that's pretty nice. I wanted to get one that had Divx capability, so I picked up a Phillips, it played Divx well, but it was way too heavy and the screen had some uneven lighting on it so I'm returning it.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

I agree completely. I'll wait for eBay on that one. I got the 3-disc Mystic River for $8 there, and I've seen the SE of Sin City for under $20.

Hopefully the HD formats will trend more towards single SE releases. I can't imagine that these overpriced 2-disc sets sell very well, especially with single-disc editions available for so much less.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the info. For me this week:

The West Wing: The Complete Sixth Season
Scrubs: The Complete Third Season

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
Hey Aaron.

I don't know, I think some of them sell pretty well, considering they're catering to a niche market.

The problem for me is that many (most) new releases are blind buys, so when the price discrepancy is more than a few dollars, I either opt for the bare bones disc upon release or wait to buy it used or as part of a 2 or 3-for.

Funny thing is, the MSRPs are often about the same on such releases, but I suppose reatilers don't see much profit in discounting the deluxe sets.

Greedy pigs all around. :)

BTW, thanks for the round up Mike and Patrick. No new releases for me this week, but I did pick up Charlie and the Choclate Factory, Batman Begins, and Monster-in-Law (for my mom) as part of BB's 3/$20 sale. Will probably pick up Munich at some point in the future.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I picked up "Gilmore Girls" Seasons 1 - 4 and "Veronica Mars" Season 1 at Target yesterday for $22.99. What a bargain!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Anyone going to Target this morning can you check if they are selling Earthquake? And how much it is, want to save myself a trip if they are not carrying it.

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
As much as I liked Munich, I'm going with the 1-disc; just can't justify $12 for the features. Like Jarhead, I'll catch the 2nd disc from Netflix. I was hoping S2 of Rescue Me might mean some deals on S1, but no joy there. Guess I can apply some of those deutsche marks I'm not spending on Munich...Thanks as always, guys!
Edit: My BB was out of the 2-disc Munich, so that made my mind up for me!

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Well after a looooonnnggg hiatus from the roundup I am back now (that is if anyone other than Mike Frezon noticed I hadn't been around) and hopefully purchasing a few new DVDs.

Poseidon Adventure
Towering Inferno
**courtesy of the Amazon deal
Ronin CE (we love this movie!!)
West Wing S6

Rentals will be Rumor Has It, Munich (looks like a good one though), & The New World (filmed 40 mins from me!!).

I think that's it.

Thanks for the roundup fellas!!

Greg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
you've been away?

picked up new world with slip cover at best buy.

they did have earthquake, but i figured cheaper at CC, but CC didnt have it in there system.

they did have all the hd dvds for 24.99, except the hybrid that was 34.99.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:laugh: It's a tough room, Greg!

Welcome back. Between doing my own taxes (state & federal), my daughter's taxes (state & federal) and two different rounds of financial aid paperwork for my two kid's schooling...I can only imagine YOUR springtime is that much worse than mine!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks