What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5-6-2008 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

44 posts in...and nothing on the Sear's addition? Has noone EVER done ANY DVD shopping at Sears? I'm especially curious if the in-store prices are the same as the on-line prices.

I'm putting together next week's RoundUp already (in particular the Sear's titles/prices) and wondering if I'll continue to do so in coming weeks. It's a fair amount of extra effort.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Mike, I was going to stop at Sear's for Twister, but I ended up "pre-ordering" it (along with a few other BD's) from the Warner store on Monday. Please don't hit me with a wet noodle! :D

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Mike, the Sears in our town is a joke (even more-so since the K-mart involvement.) They do not carry any videogame hardware or software. And, besides the occasional end-cap or aisle rack of family-type DVDs (Disney and other animated titles), I never see anything in the way of new releases there. The electronics department is cluttered with lots of TVs, digital cameras, camcorders, and little else. Now that I think of it, they don't carry any computer hardware or software, either...

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor

Thanks for the extra effort. Based on your listing I did call Sears (never bought a dvd from them before. Hell, didn't even know they carried them). Unfortunately, like my 2 Wal Marts, K Mart, Target, Sam's & Circuit City they didn't get the standard dvd of Twister in stock. So I had to order it from Deep Discount.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I used to have to walk through Sears to get into the mall, then they started tearing down our indoor malls and building outdoor ones.

Now I don't even know where there is a Sears.:D

Just kidding. But I never go to that mall anymore.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey, Travis! Would have answered sooner...but have been busy putting the new RoundUp together.

Amazon got it to my door this afternoon. Yay! It snuck in at the last possible minute. Finally got a response to my last e-mail, too!

So...while I am thrilled the package made it...and even more thrilled they ate the cost of shipping, I still think it's wrong for them to advertise 3-5 business days for standard shipping and then tell you to expect it nine business days later.

But now I gotta go wrap things for tomorrow! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks