What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
mike-frezon has published a new article.

Weekly RoundUp 5-31-2016

WRU-Banner-16-9-150x150.jpg

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…

The Features...
Continue reading the original article.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Some weird pricing trends starting to appear from Best Buy in their Sunday flyers.

I've noticed here and there the past few flyers that they list a title and only the Blu-ray price. This week, that is the case with all of the new releases. And in the case of the week's "big" release--Gods of Egypt--they don't even list the standard Blu price...just the 3-D Blu and UHD price. Not sure I understand that strategy at all. Those small print prices really don't take up much room.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone! Remember those who gave their lives for our freedoms and thank a vet for their service!
saluting-the-flag.gif

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Thanks for the roundup, Mike!

From this week's list, I plan on getting The Human Tornado (a.k.a. Dolemite 2) and Psychic Killer, as well as going back and picking up the Dolemite blu which came out last month.

Happy Memorial Day!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for your efforts as always, Mike.

Nothing on the list for me to review this week, and not really interested in anything for purchase either. Kind of a slow week leading into a big month in June crammed with major releases.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Mike!

Something I've long wondered about: Where did the photo from the RoundUp header originally come from, before all of the modifications over the years?

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nothing this week, saving up for June where we have some real doozies coming up!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks Mike!

Something I've long wondered about: Where did the photo from the RoundUp header originally come from, before all of the modifications over the years?

It HAS been around a long time, hasn't it?!? It came from a simple internet search I did on DVD store (or something like that) way back in the day. I added the Blu-ray copies of Band of Brothers and Shawshank Redemption on the shelf to the right. My Photoshop skills were even worse than they are now! :D I remember that it took me a long time to find a nice picture of a place. I always thought it was weird how so many of the titles on the right hand side have what looks to be white paper or stickers on the spines (kinda like what Barnes & Noble does when you order something ahead for pickup).

And for those who might want to know, those are three of my dogs in the pictures: Ike the Golden Retriever, Hudson the Yellow Labrador Retriever and Schuyler the Dalmatian. And, of course, the inimitable Fluffy Pumpkin front and center!

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
I've got all three of the UHD disks pre-ordered. Hopefully Amazon will drop the price of PP&Z to match Target's price, like they did for The Revenant.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I wa just pointing out I would have done the same as you. Any chance plug my kids shall not be passed by. We're both good cat dads.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks