What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5/25/04 (1 Viewer)

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
Target always has Cheers (and Frasier) cheaper than the others. I bought season 1 for $29,99 and I payed that much for 2 or maybe $32,99, I don't remember now, but anyone interested, might want to check it out before heading to Best Buy or CC... I know I'll check there first (at worst probably be the same price).

Bob-N

Supporting Actor

I think he's referring to the initial release prices. I think you could have IJ as low as $32 or so when it first came out. That's what I bought it for.

Also note that there is a $5 rebate floating around (mine came out of my TV Guide about 3-4 weeks ago) for Nemo, Pirates and LK 1 1/2 and a bunch of others I don't remember. I missed out on LK so I'm picking that up at CC this week for about $10 after rebate plus taxes.

I'm planning to pick up ROTK at the Wherehouse ($12.99 AR w/Aragorn figure I hope) and The Good, the bad and the Ugly ($9.99 AR) tomorrow.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Death to Wallet May Bash continues:

Buffy Season 6
Custer of the West
Guns of the Magnificent Seven
Magnificent Seven Ride
LOTR: ROTK
To Hell and Back Again
Winds of War
Prodigal Son
Royal Warriors

Might need a Loan after this month

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know if Walmart will put ROTK out after midnight? Do they usually do this with big releases?
Just curious.
Thanks

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
Brian, if you have a Media Play in your area, they're staying opened until midnight tonight for LOTR: ROTK

--Mark--
=)

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator
The ad Fry's had in the Arizona Republic on Sunday said they would have ROTK for $15.77.

My guess is that Walmart will stay open, although I can't say for sure. The Super Walmarts will be open, anyway, since they are open 24 hours all the time. Alot of the Walmarts around here have a sign up by the door that says you'll get a free magnet frame (or something like that) if you go in between 12:01 am and 6am tomorrow morning to buy ROTK.

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
This week purchases:
- ROTK
- Dark Shadows Collection 12
- Cheers Season Three
- Fraiser Season Three
- Club Dread
- Wizards
- Buffy Season Six (Have the Reg. 2 version but want the Reg. 1 version so i won't have to endure the PAL speedup)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Easy choice to pick up The Return of the King, but I'm about half sold on Wizards and Bubba Ho-Tep. I liked them, but enough to own? Arrgghh. I'll probably break down and pick them up anyway.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Thanks the tip Valerie.
I just got back from Wal*Mart where they had (what I believe) the best price I've seen yet, $13.26 and I did get a small magnet frame. They had two styles to choose from (of course I got the better of the two :p )
I went during the hours Valerie posted, but I assume these magnets are "while supplies last"
As always. YMMV.

Here is a picture of the magnet (34kb)

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Great price, Brian. My local Walmart just charged me $14.87. However, my checkout person gave me "both" magnets and winked. :)

derek

Second Unit
Anyone have details on the Entertainment Weekley special edition mag that Best Buy is giving out?

ReaganG

Agent
If you guys can hold out til Friday, and are a member of Rewards at Best Buy, you should have gotten a 10% off coupon for movies that's good this weekend.

If you didn't get the coupon, try raiding the mail facility at your nearest college campus. A lot of kids don't change their addresses fast enough. You can also pick up a lot of free magazines :emoji_thumbsup: :) Don't feel bad cause the stuff isn't going to be forwarded anyway. Plus it's kind of like pre-emptive recycling.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Just be aware that said 10% off coupons are often not valid on sale merchandise. I've tried this before and the computer has popped up a message saying the title was not valid. YMMV.

I did the Target thing this morning. Figured I'd rather have the popcorn than that little magnet doo-hickey. ;)

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
I saw the "free" promotional magazine at Best Buy this morning. It is slick (glossy, nicely printed) and full of photos of your favorite "Lord of the Rings" characters. I did not have time to read any of the content, but it supposedly has "in-depth" interviews with Peter Jackson and others associated with the production of "Return of the King".

Since I was already there, I asked if they would match Target's ad price on "Return of the King". When they said "no", I suggested that maybe I should just drive on to Target and get their deal. Then they did, but minus the magazine. (I did get the free batteries.) Since I have a stack of other calendars, posters, booklets, etcetera, from previous promotions over the years that I have never opened, I decided that a "free" magazine wasn't worth an extra dollar and opted for the price match. I probably wouldn't eat the popcorn, either, so since I was getting the price match, it wasn't worth the drive to Target to get their "freebies".

The local Wal-Mart Super Center had the same price on "Return of the King" as Best Buy, less a couple of cents ("always the low price"). :>) If they had considered the nearest Target to be in their immediate market area they would have "matched" the Target price without any paperwork. This location (near Willowbrook Mall in Houston) was not offering any "extras" other than the batteries.

The nearby Circuit City had lots of copies of "Return of the King" at the same price as Best Buy and lots of batteries, but the associates were clueless about the other titles that were supposed to be marked down this week. The titles are marginal rather than "must have" for me and their displays are so disorganized that I didn't waste time trying to find them myself.

"Cheers: Season 3" is another story. (Time to check out the online vendors.) :>)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks