What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5/25/04 (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Target definitely seems to be in the loss-leader mode with RotK.

By the way, signs at WalMart show free magnet frames for purchasers (limited quantities). In many markets they will probably be trying to be less than Target. The battery deal might also work there.

By the way, in the Sunday flyers there is a coupon for $1 off of Duracell batteries, so you can save even more.
The flyer also mentions a sweepstakes at www.duracell.com/sweeps

Neil

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Mike! My paper didn't come with the usual flyers! Looks like I'll be heading to Best Buy, for the bonus magazine with ROTK.

Ric

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully, like Angel season 3, Buffy S6 will be $36.99 at Costco. That was one SWEEET price ;)

I'm still a bit miffed that OMWF isn't anamorphic on the set though :angry:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Dennis, where did you find that?

That, RotK, Buffy, Cheers, Frasier, Wizards, and maybe Northern Exp. Damn, looks like another $200 week. :frowning: :thumbsdown:

Jon B NY

Stunt Coordinator
I could have swore my BB flyer said $52.99 for the box set. I'll check later.

Also, anyone know where I can find the weekly roundup for video games that use to be posted here? I remember the guy who did it Ia ways back - when Dave did the roundup) stopped posting here and moved it somewhere else. This week is a big week for games.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Just to double check, that is "Boy Meets Boy" and not "Boy Meets World" right? Just curious, as I've never heard of BMB, yet I've been waiting on a BMW set for awhile.

Mike

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
Bolivar (and others), if you can hold out on Underworld, there's no way it can support that price for long. I'm guessing we'll see a pretty significant price drop on that title in the future. I'll even go out on a limb and predict that it will be cheaper (or offered as a combo deal with some other title(s)) by Halloween.

Great week this week, including the latest batch of Fox martial arts titles! :emoji_thumbsup: Happy hunting!

-- Bob

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Yes, that's accurate. BMB is the gay version of "The Bachelor", I guess...I've never watched it, so I'm a bit fuzzy on it. It's a dating thing for men who like men, though.

BMW arrives on Aug. 24...get details here and cover art here.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
I think I'll give this whole "Lord of the Rings" thing a chance.

j/k But I will be picking it up (along with the Extended Version in Aug/Sept)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Pretty expensive week for me. I'll be picking up:

Club Dread
Bubba Ho-Tep
Underworld EE

I may pick up ROTK as well if I end up having enough cash.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks for the hard work, as always, Mike. Luckily nothing for me this week, after last week's expensive week (all 4 Disney Treasures and West Wing season 2).

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I was hoping the LOTR boxset would be much lower. You can get the whole set for less than 50 if you buy them individually. This price it outrageous. It's almost twice as expensive as the Indiana Jones trilogy.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Where do you shop? I have seen Indy as low as $45, but most places run about $55. The LOTR box set is running $60...hardly "twice as expensive".

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
The only thing for me this week is Ralph Bakshi's Wizards. Nice to have this in its proper widescreen format; a decent looking/sounding transfer, to boot.

Now if we could just get the complete New Adventures of Mighty Mouse...

EricTB

Stunt Coordinator
For me this week...

Defiant Buys
The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King (Widescreen)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 6

I'm getting ROTK for like 12.99. I did put 5 dollars down on it so it will only be like 7.99 w/tax. Getting Buffy later this week :D . I might try to rent Bubba Ho-Tep depends if I have enough money left over.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks