What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5-23-2006 (1 Viewer)

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
See No Evil, besides starring wrestler Kane, is the debut film from WWE Films. They have another due in, I beleive, September starring John Cena called The Marine. They also just started production on one starring Steve Austin. FWIW, I really liked See No Evil, nothing original, but it was a lot of fun.

Also, Metal: A Headbanger's Journey is a good doc. I have a preview disk of the filnm only and will be reviewing it soon. It gives a nice overview of the various branches of metal with some good interviews and some live footage. Worth it for the metal fans!

Will probably only be getting Boondock Saints this week.

BrandonJF

Second Unit

The sticker on the outside of the package says it's the "final 4 episodes" of "The Practice". I haven't checked it out yet.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the roundup fellas.

Kingdom of Heaven DC (preordered from Amazon some time ago)
Dirty Dozen SE
Patton SE
Tora, Tora, Tora SE
Longest Day SE
Wrestlemania w/Ray Mysterio 619 from WM (got it for $14)
Boston Public (MAYBE)
X-Men vol 3 (MAYBE)

BTW I am not sure if anyone knows this but according to DVDTALKers Costco has the 3 SEs (TTT, TLD, Patton) for $12.99 but each one has a ticket attached to see X3. I cannot confirm this myself but it sure seems like a good deal for me.

Greg

Also is it just me or are the covers for TLD, Patton, & TTT awesome or what?? I saw them this AM at WM and thought wow those look really nice. Very classy!

I have to admit that these in conjunction with Towering Inferno and Poseidon Adventure have been some of the nicest looking (and well received from reviewers) SEs I have seen in a long time

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Went to BB and CC to get Patton, Longest Day, and Tora, Tora, Tora. The guy at BB who i talk to quite a bit, and he knows his movies...nice to see...anyway, he said these movies were online ONLY at BB. He had sent an e mail up the ladder about it. But, BB nor CC had these movies, i got them at Wal Mart, of all places, for $14.44 each. To bad i didnt order them from Amazon. I cant complain about the price i paid though.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
Best Buy's Boston Legal deal for me. I just started watching in the 2nd season and have never seen The Practice so they will all be new to me. The practice episodes are on a disc slipped inside the box set. There was a sticker on the outside saying that it was included.

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
Thanks for the price listing Mike, much appreciated.
Here's my list of must haves
4400 Season 2
Bloodrayne D.C.
Boondock Saints S.E.
Boston Legal Season 1
The Closer Season 1
Deadwood Season 2
Hollow Man 2
Kingdom of Heaven D.C.
M.A.S.H. Season 10
Samurai Jack Season 3
The Seven-Ups
X-Men: Evolution Season 3

Matthew_V

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you for the heads-up on this.

I stopped by Best Buy this morning. It's been a very long time since I have bought anything from there, so I didn't know that they no longer put the exclusive disc on the outside of the packaging like they used to do.

After spending a few minutes with the bonus DVD, here are some additional details about it:
Episode 19 "The Firm" 42min:49sec
Episode 20 "Comings and Goings" 40min:33sec
Episode 21 "New Hoods on the the Block" 41min:44sec
Episode 22 "Cheers" 42min:19sec

Each episode is divided into 12 scenes and has English closed captioning and subtitles in English/Spanish/French.

Each episode is in widescreen.

Perhaps Best Buy has been doing this for awhile, but there are two things that I did not like that happened when I was at the register. The employee offered me a free eight issue trial of one of three magazines. What she left out but told me after I asked her is that after the 8th issue I would be automatically billed for a subscription (she said the cancellation can be done online or by phone). I declined.

The other thing is that she asked for my phone number but without saying for what purpose she was asking. After asking the reason, she said it's so that the store can keep track of purchases so that if there is a problem and the item needs to be brought back to the store, the item can be looked up (via the phone number supplied by the customer at the time of the purchase) if the customer doesn't have the receipt with him/her. What I don't like about this is that it seems this is probably more about keeping track of who purchases what similar to a grocery store member card. If she would have just first explained ahead of time the reason for requesting the phone number, I would have thought of giving a fake phone number.

raulC

Grip
I don't know if this is the way it is supposed to be, but I got a $5 Circuit City giftcard for buying "High School Musical" DVD alone without getting the CD. If it was a mistake on the cashier's part, then it worked out to my advantage.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I stopped by the San Bernardino, CA Costco at lunchtime and picked up season 10 of M.A.S.H for $23.99, season 2 of Deadwood for $59.99, and Tora Tora Tora SE for $12.99. They also had the Patton SE for $12.99 but I didn't see The Longest Day SE. I may pick up both later in the week

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks