What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5-22-2007 (1 Viewer)

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Just Letters From Iwo Jima & Sansho the Bailiff for me this week.

Mike, you might want to update the price listings as I got Letters from Iwo Jima for $19.99 from Amazon. You have it listed for $21.99.

JackJD

Stunt Coordinator
The Amazon prices as of now on MATRIX :

The Ultimate Matrix Collection [HD DVD]

Starring: Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss Director: Andy Wachowski Rating

(5 customer reviews) List Price: $119.99 Price: $73.95 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details You Save: $46.04 (38%)

The Complete Matrix Trilogy [HD DVD]
Starring: Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss Director: Andy Wachowski Rating

No customer reviews yet. Be the first. List Price: $99.99 Price: $63.95 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details You Save: $36.04 (36%)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I apologize for that. It is an obvious typo on my part--derived from the hazards of cutting-and-pasting too much information at one time.

I apologize for getting anyone's hopes up.

Remember, anything that sounds too good to be true usually is (too good to be true).

Mike

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Hoping to massage the bank account enough to pick up Smallville Season 5 at CC. First DVD I've bought in ages. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This deal probably won't last until Monday morning, the Circuit City website has The Matrix Complete HD DVD collection for $19.99, and it's been this price for the past hour, but the orders will most likely be cancelled in the morning, but you never know...

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well Just bought the Toshiba A2 and I have Smokey and the Bandit and Iwo Jima coming so Although there's a Bunch of SD Classics I want they may wait awhile. One thing this week's list shows is it pays to wait for TV On DVD, $22 for 24, $18 for the Shield and Mash, $25 for Smallville, god I wish I waited. I will from now on.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss

Why on the fence? I just discovered this show when I reviewed it and I am hooked!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

More about price, not quality. I have the other 4 seasons, but may hold out when the price goes down in the future. Plus it's a big week for new releases.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Definitely. I got the first four seasons of Smallville for $14.99 each during the holiday sales last year so, in comparision, that makes this week's sale price of $24.99 for S5 seem a bit steep. I think I can wait until the next holiday sales. :D

Same with a lot of those $3.99 DVD's. The studios set these price points, then wonder why people aren't willing to spend $20 on a new release. If you wait a few weeks, they'll practically be giving them away.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike & Patrick.

Definite: Battle for Iwo Jima (5-disc set) (see below)
Considering: A few of the John Wayne titles (still undecided)
Redbox list: Apocalypto and Epic Movie

Thanks for the heads-up on this deal Bob. I just ordered mine for $28.26 including sales tax ($34.98 - $3.50 B&N Member Discount - $5.25 15% Coupon + $2.03 Sales Tax). Code W6X3N9C did not work for me - I received a message stating that it was expired. I used code R4J6J7P for the 15% discount. This is really a great deal for the 5-disc set. I was looking at $20 (at least) just for Letters from Iwo Jima 2-disc set. Thanks again.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was hoping for some better deals on Letters from Iwo Jima. I had already picked up the 1-disc of Flags of Our Fathers. I was disappointed by that film...but have higher hopes for Letters.

Anyway, I don't want to spend any more money on Flags...but will want to make the blind buy of Letters.

If Letters lives up to its hype, I'll be pleased to have the two-disc set. But if I'm disappointed by Letters, it will be one of those situations where I actually wish they were having simultaneous 1-disc and 2-disc releases to get me a low price point on the one disk release! ;)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Any sign of Rio Bravo at Costco? And the only extra stuff in the CE is the comic, lobby cards, and press book, right?

Black Friday is TV on DVD day. Last Year, Target had practically every Fox show on sale for $16/ season. I stocked up on 24, The Simpsons, and Family Guy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks