What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5/17/2005 (1 Viewer)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Just a "heads up," that the Wilsonville, Oregon
Costco marked down the price on Disney's Pocahontas 2 Disc Special Edition to $13.59!!!.

I was on the fence about buying this DVD set because of the $20 price point (or close to that). With Costco's new lowered price (it was indicated with a reddish-orange sticker on the package itself), it was a no-brainer.

Check your local Costco. Mine made have had a particularly large surplus of this particular title.
I don't know if the deal is company wide.

Peace out,

Mark

RickB

Grip
Thanks Mike & Patrick, I have found myself checking your posts every Sunday for quite some time now for good Tuesday price round ups. Its nice to see them lined up.

I usually hit either the local BestBuy or Walmart depending on whats low. I can hit both on the same street right on my way home if I need too.

I have ambitiously been waiting for a few of these titles, looks like a big week for me. Mostly low-priced though:

Desparate Trail
Conagher
Team America UR
Last Stand at Saber River
GOITShell SOComplex Vol 6

and think I will pick up the Brosnan/Russo Tho. Crown Affair

and thanks for the listing on Invitation to a Gunfighter, I have been looking for and picking up alot of older westerns lately.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Phil: Its in the CC Sunday flyer (on the DVD page)...but its for circuitcity.com only. Sorry for any confusion. Have changed Post #1 for clarification.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Mike, thanks as always for the RoundUp.

Looks like an issue in your prices for Kinsey from Amazon. I show the two-disk SE at $24.49, and the single-disk version at $19.59. They have a PBS docu which lists for $14.99, which I suspect is where that price came from.

This really sucks because once again we have a 2-disc SE with no significant discount. I really hate this new practice of releasing single-disc & premium-priced 2-disc sets at the same time. :angry: I guess we're stuck with it, though.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
14 copies of the Scrubs bonus disc at each Best Buy, maybe more? Are they freaking nuts? If even half the people who loved Garden State go to buy this, that supply won't last half a day.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Hi Craig! Thanks for the heads up! :emoji_thumbsup:

I'm the first to admit when I screw up Craig, and I think that's the case this time. (Frankly...with all the data entries of numbers each week...along with he cutting & pasting, etc...I'm surprised I don't screw up more often!) :D But, anyway, when I get my prices from Amazon, I don't see cover shots...and I probably read the price from the Documentary of the same name that is also being released this week.

Sorry for any inconvenience. The price table in Post #1 has been changed to reflect the accurate price. I always take special note whenever Amazon has a new release priced at $19.59 because that's the year I was born! :D [old man noises]"Hack, hack...wheeze......[/old man noises]

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Thanks Mark for the tip on the Pocahontas price drop at Costco. Can anyone confirm whether or not the Costco 'version' comes with the slipcover?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
FYE in my store price(Seinfeld) was 49.99 , on sale for 39.99 and an additional 10.00 rebate.
they also had seasons 1+2 and 3 for 29.99 with 10.00 rebate.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Gee, Tony. Those are excellent prices on the earlier season sets of Seinfeld. That's what I got them for new ($19.99) at release on an apparent misprint in a Hollywood Video sales flyer. I thought I would never see them again for sale at that price. I know there are people who have been looking for a better price on Season 3. I was surprised by how bad BestBuy's price was for S3 this week...AND they didn't have their usual combo deal (buy S4 and either S1&2 or S3 and get $xx off).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I went for the CC combo deal for Team America/South Park B-L-U for $19.99. I'm still on the fence for Scrubs season 1, mainly is that BB bonus DVD really worth it to buy the set now or later.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
All three versions of Team America were $18.29 (give or take -- my memory ain't what it used to be!) at Costco.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Unfortunately my local Circuit City didn't have Adventures of Pete & Pete - they couldn't even find it in their system. I ended up putting in an order at DDD.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It was marked down to $36.99 at my store, minus the $10 rebate. So after that and my $10 coupon, it'll end up costing me ~$19 after tax, slightly more than the $17 it would have cost at the $34.99 price, but I'm not complaining. $19 for one of the best seasons of Seinfeld is a steal.

So far, I will have paid $19 for the first 4 seasons of Seinfeld (having gotten the S1-3 box as a gift for the holidays last year). $5/season - not a bad deal. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks