What's new

Weekly Roundup 5/13 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Serpentine, Shelly...Serpentine!

[c] [/c]

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed advertisements, the Sunday of the week of release (so as to catch any week-of-release sale prices). All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price. If a price is marked "$_N/A_" in the grid, it means that this title is not shown as available on that chain's website or perhaps in their ads...but it COULD still be in-stores!

$_"LP" means the advertisement says "Low Price", and $_"HP" means the advertisement says "Hot Price". Use of either of these in the Roundup grid indicates that I could not locate a definate price for the item, and the ad is all I have to go on. Retailers use these phrases in advertisements so that they do not violate MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) agreements with the studios. Doing so can cost them thousands or even millions of dollars in co-op advertising funds.

I only include the titles I feel like including. In fact, the titles are pretty much the ones I'm personally interested in, with few exceptions. I don't get paid for this, and I don't have time to devote to doing every DVD. I have a lovely wife and a five-year-old son I'd rather spend time with. Please don't complain. If there is a title not included in the Roundup that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone...like I do!

Note that Circuit City does not guarantee their sale prices in Hawaii.

[c]
__________TITLE____________Amazon_BestBuy_CrcCity_Target__CostCo__SamsClb
Analyze That - WS_________$20.99__$16.99__$15.99__$_"LP"__$17.99__$17.86
Commandos Strike At Dawn__$14.96__$17.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Courtship/Eddie's Father__$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
The Emmanuelle Collection_$37.49__$32.99__$39.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Father of the Bride ('50)_$14.99__$_N/A___$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Hellcats of the Navy______$14.96__$14.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
The Hot Chick_____________$22.49__$16.99__$15.99__$_"LP"__$18.99__$18.46
The In-Laws (Falk, Arkin)_$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
JayJay/JetPlane: Friends__$11.21__$12.99__$12.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
The Jeffersons - Season 2_$22.46__$19.99__$24.99__$24.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
The Mission - 2-Disc SE___$20.24__$19.99__$17.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
The Monkees - Season 1____$67.46__$59.99__$99.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Objective, Burma!_________$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Operation: Pacific________$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Superbit: Bad Boys________$20.21__$22.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Superbit: Men In Black____$20.21__$22.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Superbit: Men In Black II_$20.21__$22.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Superbit: xXx_____________$20.21__$22.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Three Stooges: World/Daze_$14.96__$14.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
The War Lover_____________$14.96__$17.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
The X-Files - Season 7____$112.49_$99.99__$149.98_$_N/A___$99.99__$99.82
[/c]

* BE CAREFUL! Analyze That is available in both Widescreen and Fullscreen versions...get the correct one.

* Circuit City has both Analyze That together with the first film, Analyze This, for $20 if you get both on the same ticket. If you want, it can be a Hot Chick/Deuce Bigalow, Male Gigalo combo for $20 instead (but if that's your choice, then perhaps you should have your head examined! :D ).

* You can get Analyze That and The Waterboy together for just $25, if bought on the same ticket at Best Buy.

* Best Buy has an excellent round of 2-for-$20 titles this week. If you can read .PDF files, click here to see them layed out. If you prefer .HTML, click here.

* I'm sure some of you will be irritated with me for not including certain titles, like Comedian for instance. Well, I'm giving you two dozen titles and hand-pulling a crapload of markdowns that aren't conveniently listed anywhere. And I still have to finish doing the chores for my missus on this fine Mother's Day (are YOU taking care of the "mommies" in your life today?). So please, don't bust my chops! :) I WAS going to list the G.I. Joe Original Miniseries - Limited Edition (comes with a 3" action figure and extra supplements)...but no brick-and-mortar stores seem to be carrying it! :eek: Head for Amazon or another e-tailer if you want that one.

* A shout-out here to "Special V", who I ran into at Turtles Music in midtown Memphis yesterday and who indicated to me he was going to check out the HTF just as soon as he got to a computer terminal. Welcome, if indeed you made it! I hope you enjoyed Braveheart and Excalibur.

The latest markdowns according to DavisDVD (there may be some duplication of above, but read through it anyway):
-------------------------
EFFECTIVE 5.13.03
20th Century Fox - Freddy Got Fingered, Monkeybone, Say It Isn't So 9.98
Columbia/Tristar Superbit Deluxes - Hollow Man, Mask of Zorro, The Patriot, Snatch 26.95

Markdown information from other sources (New SRP, Title):
-------------------------
$19.99 The Accused
$14.99 The Addams Family
$14.99 Andre
$19.99 Blue's Clues: Get to Know Joe
$19.99 Boomerang
$14.98 A Bright Shining Lie
$19.99 Clockstoppers
$19.99 Clue
$19.99 Crocodile Dundee
$19.99 Crossroads
$14.99 El Dorado
$19.99 The Elephant Man
$14.99 The Evening Star
$14.99 Falling In Love
$19.98 Firefox
$14.99 Five Card Stud
$24.99 Forrest Gump
$14.99 Goin' South
$19.98 The Green Berets
$14.99 Hard Rain
$19.98 Heartbreak Ridge
$14.99 Internal Affairs
$19.99 Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
$19.98 Kelly's Heroes
$14.99 Lassie (1994)
$19.99 Major League
$19.98 Memphis Belle
$19.98 Mister Roberts
$19.99 Nick Jr. Holiday Sampler (Dora/Blue/Bill Jr./Rugrats)
$19.99 Orange County
$19.99 Pretty In Pink
$19.99 Private Parts
$24.99 The Rugrats Movie Collection
$39.92 Rush Hour 1 & 2
$14.99 Sabrina (1995)
$19.98 Seven Days In May
$14.99 Shane
$14.99 Sleepy Hollow
$19.99 Some Kind of Wonderful
$19.99 Spongebob Squarepants: Halloween
$19.99 Spongebob Squarepants: Sea Stories
$19.99 Spongebob Squarepants: Sponge Buddies/Nautical Nonsense
$24.99 Star Trek: First Contact
$24.99 Star Trek: Insurrection
$24.99 Star Trek: The Motion Picture - Director's Edition
$189.99 Star Trek Motion Pictures Collection (9 films)
$59.99 Star Trek: Next Generation Movie Collection (3 films)
$124.99 Star Trek: Original Crew Movie Collection (6 films)
$24.99 Star Trek: Generations
$24.99 Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan
$24.99 Star Trek: The Search For Spock - Special Edition
$24.99 Star Trek: The Final Frontier
$24.99 Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country
$14.99 Switchback
$14.99 Terms of Endearment
$19.98 They Were Expendable
$19.98 This Boy's Life
$19.99 Top Secret!
$19.99 True Colors
$14.99 True Grit
$14.99 Vampire In Booklyn
$19.99 Vanilla Sky
$19.99 The War of the Worlds
$14.98 When Trumpets Fade
$14.99 Will Penny

Whew! I hope you find something in there you like. I'm going to go cook dinner for my wife, and then finish doing the laundry. She deserves a break today. Hopefully she'll reciprocate in a few weeks! ;) Take care,

Bruce Cadotte

Stunt Coordinator
I WAS going to list the G.I. Joe Original Miniseries - Limited Edition (comes with a 3" action figure and extra supplements)...but no brick-and-mortar stores seem to be carrying it!
Kroger's has them-$7.99 each,I saw them on Thursday shopping there.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
Thanks, as always. That sucks that no B&M's are carrying the GI Joe LE. I passed on the discounted price on the first one in anticipation of this one.

Bruce Cadotte

Stunt Coordinator
Somebody is confused here. The item I'm speaking of lists for $39.95!
Not confused,different packaging-at Krogers are 5 different figures?(Duke,Snake Eyes,Cobra Commander and 2 others) each packed with a 2 episode DVD and on the back of the blister pack it says that the episodes are from the original mini-series and each DVD says 1 of 2,2 of 2,etc.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks again! The Mission is my only purchase this week. Surprised that Best Buy wasn't competitive this week - I thumbed through their ad first and was like "$19.99 wow I guess no one is discounting catalog titles" then I got to Circuit City and was moderately surprised to see it for $17.99 and the coup de grace obviously was Target for $15.99. Of course since Target is 6 very hard L.A. traffic-filled miles from me and Best Buy is across the street from work, I think I'll be pricematching this one! :)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
In case anyone's interested, here are the prices for Comedian, per the weekly ads:

Best Buy, Target: $19.99
Circuit City: not in ad ($22.99 on their web site)

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Big thumbs up to Best Buy on their 2 for $20 this week. There are a number of Miramax Collector's Series titles in the group. A visit to BB this AM showed that they had stocked enough to satisfy the early bird buyers and leave the rack full for the reat of us.

At Circuit City, you can get Deuce Bigalow on its own for $8.99. They also have a sweet deal on Maxell CD-Rs. Buy a 50 pack for $10 and get another one free!

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor

The Mission is the only title I'll be purchasing and I'm quite happy with the $15.99 at Target. I'm glad I help off on ordering this online as this is the best price for it anywhere.

Thanks Jeff!

ReaganG

Agent
For the Best Buy 2 for $20 deal, one of the movies on the list is Clerks. Does anyone know if there is going to be a special edition coming out for this movie? I seem to remember Viewaskew.com mentioning it a while back but nothing ever seemed to happen. Here's what they said back when they were discussing Jay+Silent Bob :

. Initially, we were going to try to put the Mtv Jay and Bob shorts on the discs, but we've opted to hold onto those for the next View Askew DVD (the Super, Duper Special Edition "Clerks" 10th Anniversary DVD).

Anyone know the fate of the new edition? Or shoudl I just buy the $10 one?

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Last I heard, the Clerks re-release is still scheduled for next year. However, it's going to be a new director's cut, and may not include the original theatrical version, so the current DVD may be the only way to own the theatrical version on DVD, so you may want to pick the current disc up for that reason.

Pete Moisan

Auditioning
Good quote at the top of the roundup David! The In-Laws is one of my favorite movies of all time, and I've purposely not watched it in a few months, anticipating watching it on DVD and in OAR for the first time!

Does anyone have any indication that a B&M will stock the In-Laws on Tuesday? I've waited all this time, I guess I could wait another day or two to see it, but if it's possible, I'd love to sit down Tuesday night and enjoy this gem.

I don't think I've ever said it David, but thanks so much for all your work on this thread. I look forward to it every week, and I've run into quite a few people at BB or CC carrying around a printout of your list, and they all appreciate it too.

I've just got to end with a quote of my own...

Next time we're in Tihata Shel, they make a chicken sandwich down here...they serve it up on a hard roll, with an orange drink, a large one, you know, Grande. Or with a coffee...do you take coffee Shel? Or cappacino, with that beautiful foam....Oh Jesus! Pigs!

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Not confused,different packaging-at Krogers are 5 different figures?(Duke,Snake Eyes,Cobra Commander and 2 others) each packed with a 2 episode DVD and on the back of the blister pack it says that the episodes are from the original mini-series and each DVD says 1 of 2,2 of 2,etc.
These are the new figures released by Hasbro. There are six total figures repackaged with a CD-ROM (not DVD) and there are three total CDs. Each disc does contain two episodes from the cartoon series, but are only playable on your computer. They can be had for about 4 bucks a piece at Walmart.

The DVD being released this week is the one in the link Dave posted.

mike.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
What would a director's cut mean for a no-budget indie like Clerks? Kevin Smith largely editted it himself and didn't have any studio telling him what to do.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Pete, I expect to be looking at Borders for In-Laws on Tuesday. I doubt anyone else will have it before the weekend! Sucks, but everyone slow-freights in the catalog titles. One of my favorite movies of all time, too. Are you looking forward to the remake? I'm not too saguine about it, but I probably will give it a chance.

Mike, thanks for clearing up the confusion about G.I. Joe...it was driving me nuts! :)

Keith: 20,000 Leagues and Love Bug, Dark Angel, and Dances With Wolves (I've read confusion about all four of these!) are all next week: May 20th. If they ever had a different release date, it's news to me. May 20th...remember that date!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks