What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5-10-2011 (1 Viewer)

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

I just traded in four old titles from my big stack of DVDs I haven't watched in years and years. I picked up The Dark Knight at $14.99-$5= $9.99, Predators at $19.99-$5=$14.99, Matrix Reloaded at $14.99-$5=$9.99, and Book of Eli at $14.99-$5=$9.99.

In response to the questions regarding pricing, the list of 153 or so Blurays is set for the life of the promotion (ends 6/4/11, I believe). They are all tiered at $9.99, $14.99, and $19.99, and the $5 off is taken from those prices. Some of them are sale prices at those tiers, and some of them are not. Regardless, the $5 off is taken from that price. Please be aware that the $5 off is NOT stackable, so you can't trade in four DVDs and get a free $20 Bluray. Other than that, if you're like me and need to build your Bluray collection, there are some deals to be had. Tears of the Sun, for example, is priced at $9.99-$5 for a total of $4.99.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich
Some Like It Hot and The Misfits for me.

BTW, just noticed that FoxConnect.com actually has these 2 for $12.99 each -- and you can probably find a 10%-off + free shipping coupon somewhere to use for the order.

Never saw The Misfits before, but I'm tempted to get either or both to go w/ a few others that are still sitting my shopping cart there, eg. Benny & Joon ($9.99), Death at a Funeral (UK version, $12.99), maybe Anastasia ($14.99). Blu-ray.com has a review of Some Like It Hot (w/ screencaps) up now.

_Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Check amazon cause I think the four Alien movies are $14.99 each or were yesterday.

Brisby

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Knaus
With that BB trade-in program, do you have to trade in the DVD version of the same movie on Blu, or can you mix and match?

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Brisby

With that BB trade-in program, do you have to trade in the DVD version of the same movie on Blu, or can you mix and match?
You can mix and match...

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by ManW_TheUncool

BTW, just noticed that FoxConnect.com actually has these 2 for $12.99 each -- and you can probably find a 10%-off + free shipping coupon somewhere to use for the order.

Never saw The Misfits before, but I'm tempted to get either or both to go w/ a few others that are still sitting my shopping cart there, eg. Benny & Joon ($9.99), Death at a Funeral (UK version, $12.99), maybe Anastasia ($14.99). Blu-ray.com has a review of Some Like It Hot (w/ screencaps) up now.

_Man_

Thanks Man, I always forget about Fox Connect

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Originally Posted by Tim Hoover

You can mix and match...
Reading the Trade & Save more carefully, it seems like I can trade in any DVD (except adult content) for a $5 coupon towards one of those Blu-rays. The DVD does not have to be one of the movies on the Blu-ray list. Is that anyone's experience?

BroHowl

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Wright
I have made 2 trips and turned in a total of 8 DVDs. In both cases I went to the customer service counter gave them the DVDs they scanned and gave me coupons to use on any title on the approved list. At my store they didn't even open the cases they took the titles set them on the counter gave me coupons and sent me on my way.

To give you an idea what I turned in:

Arthur

Neverending story

soylent green

Batman return of the joker (Original DVD not the re-released PG-13 DVD)

Gamera the giant monster (a 2 dollar new alliance DVD)

Second trip:

Scooby Doo and the Cyber chase

Galaxina

Scooby Doo the Aloha adventure (Something like that)

Picked up the following:

Inside Man

American werewolf in london

Rundown

Unstoppable

life as we know it

Faster

Office space

The Town

I would probably have gone back for a coupe more but there isn't anything on the list that needed or didn't already have. This beats turning them into a local used store for a buck or 2 a DVD.

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks