What's new

Weekly RoundUp 5/10/2005 (1 Viewer)

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
anyone see life aquatic is 14.99 for the 2 discer at comp usa! i paid 15.99 at best buy with a pm from circuit city and that was only for the one disc :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
Has anyone seen the Appleseed limited with a figure other than the robot? The Best Buy guy said there were two versions, one with the robot, one with a girl? I hadn't heard of one with the girl, so I'm thinking he is incorrect.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Life Aquatic (either version) has a coupon on the cover for $5 off when purchased with The Last Shot.

The coupon, of course, did not ring up properly, but the cashier filled out the paperwork and made it happen.

The Last Shot had a shelf-price of $14.99, although it rung up at $20.99 (I ended up taking the shelf price stick-out to customer service to have the $6 refunded, which they did with no hassle).

Somehow, I get the feeling that shelf price of $14.99 may never make it back to the shelf...

YMMV. I feel like I scored $11 in savings, but I had to work for it.

- Steve

Greg Layton

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg Layton
Wal-Mart is the only store here that had the two disc TLA. It was $21.95, which is comparable to what I would have paid on Amazon. This was in Manhattan KS, and as you know, Wal-Mart prices vary. I was somewhat eager to find 'I am a fugitive from a chain gang' since the quote on the first page was funny and imdb gives it a high rating.. but of course, everyone looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for it. So Amazon will get my business after all. Thanks to all involved for making the list happen.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the roundup Mike.

Went a little nuts this week (good thing there is NOTHING I want next week wheeewww .....)

Kim Possible
Life Aquatic
Assault on Precinct 13 (watched this last night with the wife and enjoyed it quite a bit)
Wrestlemania 21
Longest Yard Lockdown Edition
Dave Matthews Band Stand Up (their new CD)

So no more spending for a bit for me!!

Greg

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator

Ooh Ooh, this is out on DVD this week, OMG, I didn't see it on the roundup, tell me Greg how much did this run you and what store did you get it at.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as ususal Mike & Patrick.

Selected pricing at my local Wal-Mart (Murrieta, CA) - Remember YMMV:

Alone In the Dark $16.98
American Chopper: Season 1 $21.14
American Chopper: Season 2 $21.14
Appleseed (2004) $13.32
Appleseed CE/metal case $18.78
Assault on Precinct 13 $16.87 :D
Entourage: Season 1 $31.88
Funky Monkey $13.44
In Good Company $16.87 :D
Kart Racer $13.84
Kim Possible-Movie/So the Drama $14.44
The Last Shot $18.98
Life Aquatic w/ Steve Zissou SE (CC) $21.96
Life Aquatic w/ Steve Zissou (CC) $19.96
The Longest Yard (Lockdown Ed.) $9.44 :D
Merchant of Venice (2004) $16.87
Monster Garage: Season 1 $21.04
Monster Garage: Season 2 $21.04
Ninja Scroll: the Series (Ultimate Collection) $35.87
Quantum Leap: Season 3 $32.72
Racing Stripes $15.87

:D - DVD's I picked-up this week.

My copy of The Longest Yard (Lockdown Edition) did not include a voucher / movie ticket anywhere inside or on the outside for the Adam Sandler remake. :angry:

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I can confirm that CompUSA B&M is indeed selling the 2-disc Life Aquatic for $14.99; it's also listed on their website for $14.99 (beware $5 shipping, though). Please also note the B&M inventory checker on the website may be incorrect; it said my local store was OOS, but I stopped by anyway and there were 3 on the shelf here in Richmond, VA, so it may be worth at least a phone call to your closest store(s) if you're interested. I'm glad I stopped, looking forward to popcorn and a movie tonight! :)

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Thanks for the Walmart prices, Jeff. My local Walmart also has Appleseed CE/metal case for $18.78.

Greg S

Supporting Actor

Don,

It was $16.78 at my local Wally World but it is in the sale ad for CC for $17.99. Stay away from BB as they want $23.99 for it.

Greg

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Costco report:

I picked up the 2-disc Life Aquatic at Costco yesterday for $18.99 (it's not listed on their website). (I was tempted to drive to CompUSA, but I figured between the gas and time it would cost, the $4 wasn't worth the trouble -- I had to go to Costco for foodstuffs anyway. :) ) Interestingly, the Costco-style cardboard sleeve completely covered all mention of the Criterion Collection.

They were also selling the 1-disc version bundled with What About Bob for, IIRC, $22.99.

I also picked up the 2-disc version of Phantom Of The Opera for $18.99.

They were also selling the 1-disc version of Phantom for $22.99, bundled with Dangerous Liaisons. (I think there were one or two other choices besides DL.)

I don't remember for sure, but I don't think I saw either of the 1-disc editions for sale unbundled.

They also had a number of the Warner 2-disc sets for $14.99.

Finally, no sign of the new Hoop Dreams.

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
Aaron,

I may have to reconsider the 2-disc Phantom of the Opera at that price. I'd be curious to read your thoughts on the movie/set when you've finished.

As for Hoop Dreams, I picked it up at BB for $17.99 and I doubt Costco would beat that even if they carried it.

I'm sort of upset that I didn't wait to get The Controversial Classics set at Costco, as I'm still waiting for it to arrive from Amazon. Costco's been spotty with their stocking of the Warner boxes. They had the Errol Flynn and gangster sets, but not the comedy or musical sets. As, you pointed out with The Life Aquatic, their website is not a good guide for what they will carry in-store.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
My co-worker just called and asked if I wanted to hit Best Buy after lunch, so it looks like I'll get Hoop Dreams anyway. :)

I'll post about Phantom once I get around to watching it. I'm not a huge fan of Andrew Lloyd Webber, but this is one of about 3 shows by him that I like.

The selection of Warner stuff at Costco yesterday was miniscule. I don't think I even saw a single Controversial Classics set, and there were only maybe a dozen of the 2-disc sets (I got the last copy of Meet Me In St. Louis -- there were only 4 or 5 different titles).

It just hit me that we shop at the same Costco. :) (Although I go to the one in Lantana on weekends -- I live in Boynton, but work in Boca. Plus, the store in Lantana sells cheap gas!)

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member

Neither did mine. I'm going to try to exchange it for one with a ticket. After all, I probably wouldn't have bought it except for the ticket offer.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Did anyone buy The Longest Yard online and get the ticket? I was planning on ordering it, but if the ticket only comes with some copies, then I'll pick it up at Best Buy.

Dillon*G

Second Unit
Well,I wouldn't buy it at BB because I got it their and it didn't come w/ a ticket.I exchanged it for another and they opened it up their and no ticket.I returned it and went to CC and it had the ticket their.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Odd thing about 12 Monkeys and Best Buy.

All of my local BB's copies (and there were like 10 of them) were all stickered at $9.99. When I brought it up to the register, it rang up as $11.99, but I asked about the sticker and the cashier immediately corrected it.

Weird, but they did have all of them marked at that price (I checked).

Maybe my store goofed, but those of you who don't live near a CC (and BB won't pricematch, in general, a 2-fer sale) perhaps you should check your local BB for a similar price sticker.

RickB

Grip
That same thing happened to me. I noticed the $9.99 sticker but when it rang up it was at $11.99. The cashier was in training with a "teacher" assisting her in all ring-ups and she walked her through making the change. I am glad I was paying attention, I bought another DvD at the same time and it would have been very easy to have missed what I was being charged.

I have also purchased DvD's at BB that were clearly marked with a higher price than what they rung up as, but I don't say anything when that happens. It's strange, tho, it has happened numerous times on items I was ready to purchase at the marked price.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Note for anyone looking for Hoop Dreams at BB -- at the store I went to yesterday, it wasn't in the New Releases section. I asked a clerk, who thought it was in the sports videos section -- not there either. It turned out to be in the Special Interest section.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks