What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar – 2021
full

– Love Before Breakfast – 1936
full

– Tremors – 1990
full

– The Redhead from Wyoming – 1953
full

– Tap Roots – 1948
full

– Her Name Was Jo – 2020

The Prices...

Continue reading...

Mike Frezon

Premium
If I didn't know better, I'd swear there was some April Fool's Day tomfoolery impacting this week's RoundUp.

But as it happens it's just a week with some of the highest disc prices across the grids that I've seen in a very long time...plus some really disparate pricing across our featured vendors.

Make of all that what you will...but its a fairly quiet week. But, hopefully, there's something for you (maybe the Western Classics or Carole Lombard sets from our friends at Kino-Lorber).

Safe shopping!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
If I didn't know better, I'd swear there was some April Fool's Day tomfoolery impacting this week's RoundUp.

But as it happens it's just a week with some of the highest disc prices across the grids that I've seen in a very long time...plus some really disparate pricing across our featured vendors.

Make of all that what you will...but its a fairly quiet week. But, hopefully, there's something for you (maybe the Western Classics or Carole Lombard sets from our friends at Kino-Lorber).

Safe shopping!
Those Kino disc sets are generally cheaper by ordering direct from Kino ....

1617303668931.png

Ordering both will get you free shipping. :D

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I forgot to note in my earlier post about Earwig and the Witch coming out this week.

This is the new Studio Gibli film. I have seen and enjoyed the majority of Gibli's previous films and was really excited about this. HBO Max began streaming it a couple months ago at the same time as it had a brief theatrical run. Unfortunately, it's really bad. I thought it was by a wide margin the worst Gibli film I've ever seen. The animation is ugly, the characters are not well-defined or interesting, and the story sets up a lot of things that it doesn't pay off. I would not recommend it even to fans of the studio.

If you are interested in it and have HBO Max, I would consider watching it there before making a purchase decision about the Blu-ray. I am glad it was available to me on there because if it had not been, I probably would have done a blind buy of the disc and regretted it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emoryrose2021