What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar – 2021
full

– Love Before Breakfast – 1936
full

– Tremors – 1990
full

– The Redhead from Wyoming – 1953
full

– Tap Roots – 1948
full

– Her Name Was Jo – 2020

The Prices...

Continue reading...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If I didn't know better, I'd swear there was some April Fool's Day tomfoolery impacting this week's RoundUp.

But as it happens it's just a week with some of the highest disc prices across the grids that I've seen in a very long time...plus some really disparate pricing across our featured vendors.

Make of all that what you will...but its a fairly quiet week. But, hopefully, there's something for you (maybe the Western Classics or Carole Lombard sets from our friends at Kino-Lorber).

Safe shopping!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
If I didn't know better, I'd swear there was some April Fool's Day tomfoolery impacting this week's RoundUp.

But as it happens it's just a week with some of the highest disc prices across the grids that I've seen in a very long time...plus some really disparate pricing across our featured vendors.

Make of all that what you will...but its a fairly quiet week. But, hopefully, there's something for you (maybe the Western Classics or Carole Lombard sets from our friends at Kino-Lorber).

Safe shopping!
Those Kino disc sets are generally cheaper by ordering direct from Kino ....

1617303668931.png

Ordering both will get you free shipping. :D

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I forgot to note in my earlier post about Earwig and the Witch coming out this week.

This is the new Studio Gibli film. I have seen and enjoyed the majority of Gibli's previous films and was really excited about this. HBO Max began streaming it a couple months ago at the same time as it had a brief theatrical run. Unfortunately, it's really bad. I thought it was by a wide margin the worst Gibli film I've ever seen. The animation is ugly, the characters are not well-defined or interesting, and the story sets up a lot of things that it doesn't pay off. I would not recommend it even to fans of the studio.

If you are interested in it and have HBO Max, I would consider watching it there before making a purchase decision about the Blu-ray. I am glad it was available to me on there because if it had not been, I probably would have done a blind buy of the disc and regretted it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks