What's new

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'll be heading to Target in the morning for a little movie called Star Wars.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
"This also applies to the steelbook which was $24.99 last week. Take your receipt in & get a price adjustment.

I've never actually done a price adjustment with Best Buy before...and I technically paid for the steel to BestBuy.com and marked it for in-store pickup.

Does anyone know how a price adjustment would work in this case? Thanks to anyone who can provide any insight here; I'd love to get some money back on this one.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Mike for the Target deals as well. For me Star Wars TFA and from Target, MIB, Pixels and the Spiderman Trilogy.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Funny story...I was used to BD's being on the bottom grid, so I automatically scrolled there for the $16.99 price on TFA. Lo and behold...it's not $16.99 on Blu.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My copy of The Force Awakens is somewhere in Tennessee right now. I swear, UPS-Mail Innovations uses pack animals to move packages. Whenever I see that as the shipping method for one of my packages, I cringe.

If you search for it on Amazon, it shows a 04-05-16 release date.
I ended up picking up the third season of "Banshee" on Blu at Best Buy today for $29.99. I'm happy with that price for a season of television on Blu-Ray at release date.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
I've never actually done a price adjustment with Best Buy before...and I technically paid for the steel to BestBuy.com and marked it for in-store pickup.

Does anyone know how a price adjustment would work in this case? Thanks to anyone who can provide any insight here; I'd love to get some money back on this one.

In the past, I've called the 888#, 888-BEST-BUY I think. Not sure if they can adjust online orders in store.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
In the past, I've called the 888#, 888-BEST-BUY I think. Not sure if they can adjust online orders in store.

Can they -- yes, but usually they tell you instore adjustments need to be taken to the store. I've done it twice, but neither time was it easy. Once was an obvious new CSR who
was trying very hard to do the right thing, but she must have put me on hold 15 times probably to ask for help.

The other time they tried to get me to go back to the store for a $2-3 adjustment, but finally convinced them that a 50 mile roundtrip to my closest store (true also) wasn;t really worth it -- played the pitiful old man card without really whining too much "Oh Ok, that;s too bad, but I guess I'll probably just forget it for such a small amt, but thank you for your time and I understand that's your policy. Have a nice day!" Just don't hang up and see it plays right which it did in this case.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think The Force Awakens will be my last time preordering online with Target.

It finally arrived today, three days after release date, with the $5 Target gift card nowhere in sight. And the packaging for the Target exclusive -- despite some cool photos inside -- is a strong contender for the shoddiest Blu-Ray container in my entire collection. It's like the cardboard used for the folding CD album containers, only thinner and cheaper. The Disney Movies Anywhere code is just floating freely in the middle, because there's no flap for the inserts. I'm also not altogether confident that the discs won't get scratched sliding them in and out of the cardboard.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

It finally arrived today, three days after release date, with the $5 Target gift card nowhere in sight. And the packaging for the Target exclusive -- despite some cool photos inside -- is a strong contender for the shoddiest Blu-Ray container in my entire collection. It's like the cardboard used for the folding CD album containers, only thinner and cheaper. The Disney Movies Anywhere code is just floating freely in the middle, because there's no flap for the inserts. I'm also not altogether confident that the discs won't get scratched sliding them in and out of the cardboard.
It's been my experience with Target pre-orders that the gift card comes later in a separate letter.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

I'm so glad I canceled my Target preorder and went for the regular version from Amazon - the price difference, including shipping, was over $10 between the two versions and it doesn't sound like the Target version is worth that extra $10. Thanks Adam for taking one for the team!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I doubt anybody here will actually want to order it, but it bears mentioning that Amazon has finally bothered to stock The Force Awakens standalone DVD and is charging $16.99 for it at the time of this posting.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

It's been my experience with Target pre-orders that the gift card comes later in a separate letter.

That's the way it should be. My GC almost always comed 2-3 days later.

There seem to be several reports of people's GC on their orders not showing up in the Order History or Details under Order Number despite being there in the initial order confirmation email.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks