What's new

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'll be getting the Walmart BB8 edition.
Odd ting though, on walmart.com the bb8 version is 20 while non exclusive is listed at $25. HMMM

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Odd ting though, on walmart.com the bb8 version is 20 while non exclusive is listed at $25. HMMM

I assume that the regular edition will drop to $20 by the time they start shipping product out.

I find it even weirder that Amazon is not selling the regular DVD packaged on its own. Not that I would opt for that over the Blu-ray, obviously, but still...

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Potential price of $43 at BN.com for the Doctor Who set though it will require a few pieces to fall into place

Currently on preorder at 40% off ($53.99)
There is supposed to be a 20% code active on Monday, but preorders aren't eligible for most codes ( BNSPRING20 )
New Items usually go live sometime b/w 12:01-1:30am ET in the website though.

Assuming the price stays the same you should be able to apply the discount and place an order then.
I don't know if the price will stay the same next week on the item is live though oftne there is a window b/w Go Live and change
to release days prices,

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For me this week:
  • Purple Plain
  • Those Gallant Hours
  • Journey to the Seventh Planet
And for the eleven year old in me, The Force Awakens

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'll be pixcking my SW's up at walmart since I have a bunch of savings catcher money.
Also under the BB8 slip will be the regular "stars" art incase anyone cares.

One more thing the dvd release of 10 Items or Less for $9 is a good deal for me.
Was short lived but a pretty good show.

MikeTV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
I'm usually down for the Steelbook of any movie I was going to buy anyway, but now we are at a whopping $8 PREMIUM PRICE over the regular version? Only within the last several weeks has Best Buy been charging an extra $5 for the Steelbook when, for years, it was always the same price; but now, because it's Star Wars, it's $8 and you get nothing extra except the Steelbook??? I'm putting my foot down on this one and just going with the regular. Screw Best Buy!!!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Happened to be in a Target this morning. These Blus were on a $13 sale:

full

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You can click on that image to increase its size.

And, Target, you can thank me for straightening up your rack! :D

EDIT: One other thing, the media section at my local Target seems to have taken another hit and been shrunk again.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I ended up cancelling my Amazon order of TFA. Between a tight weekend budget (tomorrow is payday!) and paying for plane tickets to Louisiana AND an Apple Watch anniversary present...I don't know if TFA is actually realistic.

I'm probably kidding myself, to be honest. It'll be a spur of the moment decision tomorrow afternoon as I'm getting the watch and some flowers...

WalkerEric

Auditioning
Real Name
Bobb
I pre-ordered Star Wars for $13.99 (BR and free shipping) from Target early on. What confirmed even more that it was a good deal, was that Target sent out an email to everyone that got in on the early price and gave us all the chance to cancel that order so we could instead order their special packaging.

Yes, because I'm going to believe that a store is making a special effort to contact people out of the kindness of their heart and not to increase profit margins.

croooow

Grip
Real Name
Nicholas
...Also under the BB8 slip will be the regular "stars" art incase anyone cares...

Wait, the BB-8 cover is just the slip cover? Was originally going with Target but when I found out it was more expensive and had a cardboard cover I changed my mind to BB-8, but I might as well just go with the regular version.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
"–The following recent releases are on sale this week at Best Buy:

$19.99 (all Blu): The Hateful Eight"

This also applies to the steelbook which was $24.99 last week. Take your receipt in & get a price adjustment.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Extra $5 MQ available from Disney - not specifically SW, but it should work so std release for 14.99 on release day.

For 250 points at Disney Movie Rewards (and you'll get 150-200 back from your purchase) -- you can get a "$5 off any Disney DVD or Blu-ray Combo Pack"
Sign into your DMR account?Rewards it's pretty easy to find under Gift Cards and Popular

You should be able to print 2 coupons per computer and from reports you can print 2 more from different computers from the DMR Unlocked Offers Page.
Expires 12/31/2016 so good for quite a few months. So far these have worked for DIsney, Marvel, Pixar, adn Touchstone releases. Walmart and Target they
scan automatically and BBY has it's own semi manual system.

This does require one of those Printer Software program installs that so many people find intolerable and a Printer as well as the aggravation of getting it to work depending on your
computer/printer-- no virtual, pdf, or smartphone scans allowed since the store has to collect the coupons to mail to Disney for payment.,
Just tried this. Couldn't find any coupons.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Just tried this. Couldn't find any coupons.
+
Wow, looks like they revamped the categories and changed the site again in the last couple days. I still can't log in with FF and have to use Chrome to even sign in. Someone on another forum reported the opposite for them, but lots of folks having trouble logging in

Look under Browse by Points 1-400. You'd figure it would be in printable or DVD/Movies, but at least they didn't remove it just hid it really well.
I can't find it in any other category and the Popular category appears to be gone completely

Click redeem and it should give you a Magic Code that you can load to unlock the coupon then hope your computer doesn't spit the bit with the Jumpstart Program

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Someone in another thread was asking me about earlier WRUs in which significant films got released.

I dug up the Roundup for 11-1-2005.

A couple of interesting points. I wasn't sure why I felt compelled to call this week's "The Force Awakens Edition"...but then I see that week was the "Revenge of the Sith Edition." :D

Also, the 1953 War of the World was released that week..much like Journey to the Seventh Planet this week.

And there was only DVD to be thinking about at that particular time!

And, something I haven't thought about in a while...the weekly admonishments to beware that certain titles were being released in MAR versions...BEWARE!

**BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL! Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith AND Millions (2004) AND The Perfect Man are available in both OAR and MAR versions...get the correct one(s) !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks