What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4/5/2005 (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

I agree...I think it may be the distributor's problem. My Target is sold out of both version AGAIN and replenishment has been really slow on it. I think we got caught off-guard with how well Ray sold, but this is RIDICULOUS!

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Just West Wing this week. Surprised no one else is getting it. I've been buying each season of WW as blind buys. Is S4 that bad that no one's getting it, or just no WW fans in this thread.

On another note, as I was quickly scrolling down the thread to get to the unread posts it looked like Mike turned this into an X-rated Roundup this week. That picture of Claudia Cardinale looked pretty interesting while quickly scrolling. :) Or maybe I just need to get out more. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Scott: Claudia Cardinale is very interesting no matter what way you look at her...but, on the other hand, I think it's true--you DO need to get out more! :D

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I second the request. But there appears to be not a single online review of this, and so unless someone is willing to take a chance and buy it (I'm not :)), I don't know how we're going to find out.

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor

Thanks, Aaron, I'm looking forward to your review. Based on Crawdaddy's review of "The Professionals", I'm am blind buying it. It's been years since I've seen "Silverado", so I look forward to going back to it.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Re: The Graduate. There is a thread on the DVD Talk forums where someone claims to have the new disk. No features, same old non-anamorphic transfer. :frowning:

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Oh, I'm getting it - I've got it coming from Amazon. S4 is not quite as good as 1-3, but still worth getting. S5 (the 1st post-Sorkin season) is the one lots of folks are going to bail on. I'll still pick it up for continuity purposes with the currently-airing S6, as the show has definitely been revitilized this year with the campaign to choose Bartlet's successor.

Jodee

Screenwriter
I didn't see Mischief on the list. That is a must-buy for me this week.

My copy is on the way from DeepDiscountDVD - $8.99 shipped.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike and Patrick for your efforts each and every week in putting forth the Weekly Round-Up.

I was passing through my old neighborhood this morning and stopped-in to check the new release pricing at the local Wal-Mart (Corona, CA - Hwy 91 @ McKinley Street). This Wal-Mart continues to price new releases cheaper than I have been able to find anywhere else. I used to live within walking distance and now it's a 35-mile drive. :frowning:

Selected pricing:

Amityville Horror $9.44
Amityville II: The Possession $9.44
Amityville 3-D $9.44
Amityville Horror Collection $21.88
Elektra $13.88
The Professionals SE $13.88
Sideways $13.88
Silverado SE Superbit Giftset $13.88
Spanglish $13.88

I picked-up The Professionals (blind-buy), Sideways (blind-buy), and Silverado.

Wal-Mart has an exclusive promo pack with Sideways (The Widescreen Edition!) - a Wine Journal. From the packaging: "Get this exclusive wine lovers journal for recording your favorite wines when you buy Sideways at Wal-Mart." It's a 128 page softcover book, approximately the size of a standard DVD case, that is divided into sections to record your "Cellar Record", your "Tasting Notes", and a Dictionary of Terms. I'm going to use my Target Market Pantry Blackberry-Raspberry Sparking Water from a few weeks ago for my first Wine Journal entry. :laugh:

I did not have any advance information regarding the Silverado SE Superbit Giftset. I was planning on picking it up anyway for the corrected aspect ratio and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the Giftset contains a pack of Silverado playing cards and a (mini) Movie Scrapbook contained within a "Saloon Door" case - very cool in my opinion. I'd recommend checking this one out if you are a fan of the movie - even if you have the prior release. :emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

My local Wal-Marts usually have competitive prices...almost always undercutting the local competitors...happily price-matching when they don't...but never rock-bottom prices like those, Jeff. :frowning:

Thanks, also, to Jeff and everyone else for the nice comments!

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I went to Wal-Mart today looking for Viva La Bam S2&3 (not realizing till after I got home it's coming out next week :)) but did find a couple steals on Fox S1 sets. Keep in mind, as always with Wal-Mart, YMMV but it's probably worth checking out if you're interested. Each of the following was $14.44:

Mary Tyler Moore S1
Buffy S1
Dark Angel S1
NYPD Blue S1
King of the Hill S1
Harsh Realm Complete Series

I picked up MTM S1 (with S2 finally announced, I figured might as well for that price) and Harsh Realm. Luckily today I got the money I won in my office's March Madness pool, making the deal even sweeter. :)

Craig, thanks for the thoughts on WW S4. Glad to see someone else is getting it.

That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming, Mike. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Deep breaths. Find your zen, Zen.

When I was growing up, I actually lived near a family whose last name was Zenzen.

Dougieha

Agent
Real Name
Doug H.
Just to let you know, I picked up The West Wing: Season 4 at Costco for $37.99. Normally, the B&M Costco warehouses are a few bucks cheaper on TV releases than they post on the costco.com website.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks