What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-3-2012 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I suppose there are people who will be able to use that deal...

--Best Buy is advertising recent releases: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ($9.99 3-D Blu-ray Combo Pack and $7.99 Blu-ray Combo Pack), Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn: Part 1 ($19.99 Blu-ray), Justice League: Doom ($14.99 DVD/$14.99 Blu Combo Pack).

--The following Blu-rays are on sale at Best Buy this week:

$14.99 ($9.99 DVD): Dolphin Tale, Happy Feet Two

$17.99 ($13.99 DVD): The Muppets, Hop, Puss in Boots, The Adventures of Tintin, Kung Fu Panda, Hugo.

--Some 2/$35 Disney Blu Combo Packs at BB this week: Winnie the Pooh, Lady and the Tramp, The Muppets, Lion King, Cars 2, PotC: On Stranger Tides. And...buy two of these on the same receipt and get a FREE Easter Bag.

--Best Buy has the following TV Shows on DVD on sale this week:

$9.99: Monk: Seasons 4-7 (apiece), The League: S1, Friday Night Lights: S5, Blue Mountain State: S 1-2 (apiece).

$14.99: The Middle: S 1-2 (apiece), Jersey Shore: S4, Louie: S1[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)].

$16.99: How I Met Your Mother: S1, Archer: S1, Burn Notice: S1.

$18.99: Fringe: S 1-3 [/COLOR](apiece), Big Bang Theiry: S 1-4 (apiece), Family Guy: Volume 9, Justice: S2.

$24.99: Nurse Jackie: S3, House: S7, The Kiling: S1, Breakout Kings: S1.

$29.99: The Killing: S1 (Blu-ray)

--Best Buy Odds and Ends: Lists of DVDs for $4.99, $6.99, and $13.99 apiece.

From Target this week, a Sunday flyer ad with some pretty vague information.

--The following titles are listed as being on sale for $4.99 to $19.99 on DVD and $9.99 to $19.99 on Blu-ray: Puss in Boots, The Help, Twilight (something), The Rum Diary, Moneyball, My Week With Marilyn, Tower Heist, Real Steel, Immortals, Drive, Casablanca. Titles shown and selected others.

--And, Target says the following DVDs ($6.99 & $13.99 apiece) are also on sale on Blu-ray...between $12.99 to $17.99 apiece Movies shown and selected others:

$6.99: Dora the Explorer: Easter Adventure, Dr. Suess' The Lorax DE, Alvin & Chipmunks: Squeakquel, Despicable Me, Barbie in a Mermaid Tale 2, Shrek: Final Chapter, Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader

$13.99: The Smurfs, Lion King, Adventures of Tintin, Tangled, The Muppets, Alvin & Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, Hop.

--Target has the following TV on DVD on sale this week. 50% Off selected TV on DVD. Titles shown and selected others.

$14.99: Spartacus: Season 1, Justice: S2, Downton Abbey: S2, The Killing: S1, Shameless: S1, Vampire Diaries: S2, Castle: S3, Family Guy: Vol. 9, Parenthood: S2, Grey's Anatomy: S7, The Office: S7, Supernatural: S6, Entourage: S7, Big Bang Theory: S4, Gossip Girl: S4, Psych: S5, Walking Dead: S1 SE.

$19.99: One Tree Hill: S8, House: S7, Smallville: S10, The Mentalist: S3, Chuck: S4, Glee: S2, Modern Family: S2, Sons of Anarchy: S3.

--Target Odds and Ends: Lists of $3.99 and $8.99 DVDs.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
How interesting that Amazon and Best Buy are importing the UK Blu-ray of Cleopatra.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Thanks to you and Moses for the Round Up.
Cleopatra can be had for under $20 at Amazon.co.uk. It is region-free.
That's a great price for Harry Potter 3D....I wonder if that includes both parts?
Just War Horse 4-disc for me, however.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I guess "Bob" is the short time on the air Bob Newhart show were he was a comic book writer/artist. If it is I might bite on that I liked it.
Btw if you have NF streaming that Elmo movie has been there for awhile.

Joe Isham

Stunt Coordinator
Tony, yes, that is the one you're thinking of. I had given up hope of that ever being released on DVD. I'm sure they're releasing it to capitalize on Betty White-mania.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Marvel published a comic based on the character, I think it was Mad Dog. I have those comics but don't remember if it was any good or not.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
The Wal-Mart exclusive The Poseidon Adventure, on Blu-ray, for me this week.
Thats it for me.
Thanks again Mike.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm slated to review We Bought a Zoo this week, but the review disc has not yet arrived. So, keep eyes out for that write-up at some point this week.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
The pricing grid is back to "normal" for me this week. Did you drop the pictures or other enhancements, or should I be seeing them? I also don't have any links to the Amazon pricing -- there's one DVD review link and one Blu-ray, but nothing else.

Chrome, Vista Home Premium 64-bit.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Nothing for me this week which is good since I've been buying at a fast pace and won't have time to watch much in the next couple of weeks. So glad to see the nice, clean release grid this week.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I enjoyed War Horse, but I don't need to own it. Skipped We Bought a Zoo in the theater and it's in the Netflix queue. I'm not seeing anything I actually need to own this week.

I did notice Fred Meyer had a bin of $7.99 BD's yesterday. Some Ernest title was staring at me, right next to Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend. Next time I'm there I'll try to go through the entire bin to see what's there.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm just getting around to looking at my copy of Parade Magazine in my local Sunday paper and I found an ad that indicates a potential $4 savings on the Blu-ray or DVD of We Bought a Zoo--a Wal-Mart EXCLUSIVE.

The ad says:

"Feed Your Zoo at Home

Save $4 on the We Bought a Zoo Blu-ray or DVD, when you purchase any two participating pet food or treat products. (Select sizes. See coupon for details.) Only at Wal-Mart."

That's all the ad says. It does NOT indicate where the coupon might be found.

The ad has an image which includes four different pet food products: Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits, Kibbles 'n Bits Dog Food, Meow Mix Cat Food, Milo's Kitchen Dog Treats.

Maybe the coupons are on the disc cases? Maybe on the food products? My guess would be on the disc case. I'll be checking this out tomorrow.

Are you folks all aware that Scarlett Johansson is in this film?!?

96ec6255_WeBoughtAZoo-ScarlettJohansson.gif

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I would imagine there is no coupon. Probably you just buy the pet treats and the DVD in one transaction, and the register deducts $4.
Never mind. I now see the text does mention a coupon.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Tried to get a Poseiden today but our Walmart couldn't find their copies.
:rolleyes:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
TonyD said:
"

That's all the ad says. It does NOT indicate where the coupon might be found.

The ad has an image which includes four different pet food products: Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits, Kibbles 'n Bits Dog Food, Meow Mix Cat Food, Milo's Kitchen Dog Treats.

Maybe the coupons are on the disc cases? Maybe on the food products? My guess would be on the disc case. I'll be checking this out tomorrow.
Turns out the coupons are on the pet products!

My Wal-Mart tongiht had both single disc Blu copies of WBaZ for $19.99...and the Blu Combo Pack for $24.96...price-matched by the store for $22.96. No sign of a coupon in the electronics section or on the disc. They recommended me to check the pet section. And it was on the pet products.

But they are hard to find...because they are only on really big versions of the pet products! I'm a dog person (just ask Moses!). So I didn't check out the Meow Mix.

But the coupons were on the really big (75 ounce) boxes of Milk-Bone treats ($6.98 apiece...but my wife had $1.50 coupons!) and on the 20 ounce bags of Milo's Kitchen Dog Treats ($11.98 per!).

And...beware...because the $4 coupon did NOT scan at the register..and the clerk didn't even notice. Luckily I noticed before I swiped my card and he could straighten it out.

Did I mention that Scarlett Johansson is in We Bought a Zoo?!? I can't remember.

7703b531_2011-we-bought-a-zoo-SJ.jpeg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
TonyD said:
Tried to get a Poseiden today but our Walmart couldn't find their copies.
:rolleyes:
RickER said:
The Wal-Mart exclusive The Poseidon Adventure, on Blu-ray, for me this week.
Thats it for me.
Thanks again Mike.
Yep. Walmart exclusive.
The scanner here said 8 copies but no one could find them,
I'll probably do free ship to store. Easier and won't have to keep going to check if they got it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks