What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-25-2006 (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have slowly been building up my library of seasons of West Wing. I will probably get Season 4 and 5. Great prices on these.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up Crumb and possibly Casualties Of War (assuming that De Palma had some say in the re-edit. Although I get the feeling that they've just taken all the deleted scenes and dumped them all back into the movie because some people think a longer movie is always better).

Anyway, thanks for the prices! :)

Ernesto.Morin

Stunt Coordinator
Going to get:
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
The Wedding Singer SE

Maybe (waiting on reviews):
Windtalkers (Director’s Cut)
The Patriot (Extended Cut)

Renting:
Aeon Flux SE
Shopgirl

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks guys.

Warners looks like they have another winner with the "Classic Musicals from the Dream Factory" set so I'll be heading over to Costco to pick this up. Lately, they've been having great prices on these Warners boxes. I would expect this one to be below $40.

EDIT: Thanks to Jay who posted the price below. Great price!

Steve

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks, Mike and Patrick!

Not too much for me this week. I am eyeing Veronica Mars for $22.99 at Target. I have never seen the program but have heard good things. I am looking at this as a blind buy. Is it a good price or can I usually find it for less elsewhere?

Jay*W

Second Unit
I saw the Classical Musicals from the Dream Factory box at Costco last week (they had it out early but wouldn't sell it yet). It will be priced at $36.39.

Jay

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
American Dad for sure, and I'll probably use the BB deal to pick up one of the Simpsons seasons I haven't picked up yet (sure wish that deal extended to Futurama!). I might also get Wedding Singer SE - I still haven't opened the copy I bought of the original release, and if I can return that, I'll pick up the new one.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter

I highly recommend this show. It is fantastic, and this is a good price for it. I think I paid 35 when it was first released.:emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Here's one of those reasons I hate depending upon others for flyer information--

I have just added the following to the OP:

--Circuit City also has a deal in which you can SAVE $15 when you buy American Dad! Volume 1 AND any season of Family Guy, King of the Hill, The Simpsons, or Futurama!

RoyWilbury

Stunt Coordinator
Just a note to all on the "American Dad Vol. 1" release: I'm not sure, but I believe that the "Family Guy" bonus disc is not a Best Buy exclusive. I was under the impression that all initial copies of the release will have the bonus disc.

The Best Buy ad doesn't list it as a Best Buy exclusive, but it is odd that the other retailer ads don't mention the bonus disc.

I'll probably be picking it up at Best Buy anyway since it's cheaper than Target, but I thougth I'd point out that, as I understand it, the bonus disc should appear initially everywhere, including Amazon, etc. If someone knows otherwise, please correct me.

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator

Hmmm... wonder if Best Buy will PM that. As noted above, I'd rather pick up a season of Futurama than one of The Simpsons...

Best,

Julio

Jay*W

Second Unit
If you're looking to pick up 9 To 5 at Target, be sure to bring the flyer. Only the full screen (purple) version is tagged and rings up on sale, but they show the widescreen (orange) version in the ad so I was able to get the price adjusted. Eric was spot on in noting the pricing variation between the 2 versions. A very distressing development if it becomes a trend at Target!

Jay

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Too late, Jay. It has been a trend at Target on certain titles. It started months ago with the Office Space SE. :thumbsdown:

I gotta head there tomorrow to pick up Oklahoma and South Pacific. They better have them in stock! That's been the other bad target trend of late--not having advertised sale items in stock.

raulC

Grip
Does anyone know if the 'Family Guy' bonus disc is going to come seperately or inside the package of 'American Dad'?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Nada from the list, but I'll prolly make my way into some store this week and pick up something I didn't intend to. Did it on Saturday, unfortunately.

Thanks guys.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Great deal on TV shows at Target. I picked up Season 4 of West Wing and got a rain check for Season 5. I will be officially caught up with the WW, when I get Season 5, assuming it is available at Target again before Season 6 comes out.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
To give credit when it's due:

My local Target had a very well-stocked $10 DD end-cap today. I easily picked up my copies of Oklahoma and State Fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks