What's new

Weekly Roundup 4/23 (1 Viewer)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Amazing Artisan even slaps you in the face showing in the little diagram that you are screwed if you have a 16x9 TV.

First Sleepless, now this....maybe their upcoming third release of Stargate is just a P&S version. Good thing this company doesn't have too much good stuff in it's vault, as they have become worthless.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
For anime fans, The Soultaker - Vol. 2: Flickering Faith comes out today. Best Buy's web site lists it at $22.99.

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
I e-mailed Disney about the aspect ratio of Angels in the Outfield. The reply indicated that it would be 1.85:1 anamorphic. Of course, I haven't seen the disc yet, so I can't verify this.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
1) My Circuit City has not stocked any of the new Batman discs, only Justice League (of which they had a ton). I didn't have time to stick around and see if they had any in the back, but there was not a slot reserved for them in the 'new releases' section. I checked the 'regular' stock also.

2) I got Metropolis for the excellent $16.99. Unfortunately, it has an ugly, non-removable, Sensormatic sticker embedded in the clear disc tray. Boo!

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Scott and Patrick, you guys should purchase Metropolis. $16.99 is an incredible price for one of the year's best movies so far.

~T

RafaelB

Second Unit
Patrick,
Nope- Whit Stillman (the "Last Days of Disco" guy) wrote and directed "MetropoliTAN". ;)
"Metropolis" is an anime based on a manga by the creator of Astro Boy and really quite good.
Rafael

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy had Batman: The Animated Series - The Legend Begins in stock for $17.99, despite it not being on their website.
A coworker of mine who got to BB a ½-hour earlier than me claimed that Transformers S1 Box Set rang up for $44.99, but when I got there it rang up at $49.99; I think he made an error but maybe some folks got a deal early in the day.
A different co-worker, and also an HTF member, said that K-Mart has Batman: The Animated Series - The Legend Begins for only $9.99!! Problem is they only had 2 copies, and he snagged one of them. :frowning: I'll swing by there later to try to snag the other one, but I expect to end up at Target for this title.
I ran by CC and snagged my Metropolis for $16.99, based on everyone's recommendations here. I agree that they had only the $11.99 Justice Leagues but none of the other WB superhero titles. CC *did* have Transformers S1 Box for $49.99, though...that was also absent from the Roundup grid.
I didn't really have time to dig around, but it sure looked like none of the catalog titles from Disney, Artisan, and Columbia were in-stock at EITHER BB or CC! So I just took my anime' and left. :)

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Wow first time in forever that I can recall I came home without a dvd on a tuesday! I swear it has been months, what a slow week! Oh well next week there will be two to buy :D

Wade K

Second Unit
I picked up Behind Enemy Lines at BB for $15.99, and instead of taking $5 off of Tora, Tora, Tora, it took off $10. (Stickered at $19.99, rang up as $9.99). Has anyone else had this happen today?

Couldn't bring myself to pick up Pearl Harbor + freebie, but thought a while about it.

Unfortunately, The Cassandra Crossing, which came out today, is MARred. I really wanted to buy this one as well.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I got Behind Enemy Lines and Patton at BestBuy. I have always wanted to see Patton, and BEL is a guilty pleasure. $15.99 plus $9.99--couldn't pass it up.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Michael, it may have been a screw-up at the local K-Mart only. I checked with him again, and he offered to show me the receipt. No doubt it was $9.99 for him. By the time I got there, they had none of the WB hero releases in-stock. I consoled myself with $6.99 copies of Death on the Nile and Unidentified Flying Oddball (the latter being the only "Disney" title I picked up today! :D ).
I was in Target for a baby shower gift, and saw that they had lots of Star Wars toys already. Oh, and they also had the Uncut RotJ (which I got last Saturday elsewhere), the Batman: TAS (which I nabbed), SubZero, and Justice League. But they didn't have the Batman/Superman movie, for some reason. :confused:
Metropolis, gotten at CC, had a really nasty white square security tag ("Checkpoint", if anyone cares) under the first disc holder. I managed to use a pocketknife to dig it out with minimal damage; it looks almost perfect now. But I wouldn't recommend anyone else try to do this: it was a near thing from destroying the entire package at one point! BE CAREFUL!
Oh, and The Transformers is ***SWEET***!!!! :D :D :D

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
David,
K-Mart here appears to have stocked all of the superhero titles except BB:ROTJ.
Can anybody tell me how much BB:ROTJ is at Target?

MikeM

Screenwriter
Dave, I just wanted to thank you for your weekly posts! I've lurked and checked it out weekly, and this time it really made a difference.

For some reason, I never go to target to buy DVDs. Well, as usualy my closest Best Buy never has any new titles in stock, so after reading your weekly roundup, I swung by Target and picked up BBRotJ on the cheap! ($14.99)! I know Justice League isn't widescreen, but I buckled and got that too for the same price. Very cool.

So thanks again!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Good grief! I wound up buying the BTAS DVD instead of B:RotJ DVD. Back to the stores I go! I want to find the Batman/Superman DVD as well. (Can you tell I was a big comic book collector in my youth?)

Rafael, thanks for the correction. I learned the errors of my way when I saw "Metropolis" at the store. I'm still on the fence on whether I'll be getting it. I dub this week: Animation DVD week!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks