What's new

Weekly Roundup 4/20/04 (Still me again) (1 Viewer)

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
I was on the fence about which Master and Commander to get after seeing the price difference, but the special features look really good.

I think if I get the cheap one, I 'll always be wishing I had bought the 2-disc set, so it will be the Collector's Edition for me. I can't wait!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
What the hell?...I just now figured out what Phil was talking about when he brought up the 20th!!! :eek:

Looks like I can't use a calendar, guys! Will a mod please change the subject of this thread to "Weekly Roundup 4/20 (Still me again)"?

I can't believe I put the 13th in there again. I *must* be rusty!...

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Wow, I did a double-take when I saw Paul McCartney's "Give My Regards to Broad Street" on the Roundup. I had no idea they were even planning a DVD... and in widescreen, even! Thanks, Dave!

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

This portion of the Weekly Roundup has been brought to you by the Groundhog Day Special Edition DVD.

4/13, the day so nice you want to do it twice.

Ok, I'll stop now.

Dillon*G

Second Unit
Thanks for the Round Up.
I'll be getting:
-King of Queens Season 2
-Master&Commander:2 disc CE
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Season 1
-The Office Season 1&2 deal at Best Buy

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

umm, ok thanks.

but i put that there in case anyone wanted to know a possible price for that set at target b&m store.
since dave didnt have a chance to list it in the grid.
sorry my post wasnt more clear.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy on sale DVD items:

2 for $15:
Nice Dreams
I-Spy
Half Past Dead
Young Frankenstein
The Alamo
The Sweetest thing
The Natural
Scream
My Cousin Vinny
Barbershop

King of New York SE - $14.99
Band of Brothers - $89.99
Step into Liquid - $15.99
A League of Their Own - $16.99

---------

Circuit City on sale DVD items:

King of New York SE - $12.99
League of Their Own SE - $19.99
Big Empty - $19.99
Step Into Liquid - $17.99

$19.99:
Matrix Revolutions
Kill Bill Vol. 1
Cheaper By the Dozen
Something's Gotta Give

$5.99:
Universal Soldier
Desperate Measures
Hamburger Hill
Casualties of War
Tigerland
Why Do Fools Fall in Love
GI Jane
Big Easy

Tyler Ruggeri

Stunt Coordinator
Does anybody know the BB or CC prices for Sweeney Todd, the taped stage musical with George Hearn and Angela Lansbury? I looked it up on Best Buy's website and it's not even listed.

Tyler Ruggeri

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy finally has a spindle of 100 TDK 4x DVD+Rs for $99.99 after an instant rebate (item #5395725). Normally priced $159 or $189 depending on their mood.

Best Buy had previously limited this, last week, to old 2x stock that they were trying to get rid of. This is the first time the 4x TDKs have been on sale in about a month; I've been checking every week.

By the way, pick up different spindles and buy whichever is heaviest -- I got one with extras by doing this.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Is there somewhere online that gives details about the 20th Century Masters DVDs? Looking them up on a few online retailer sites as well as using Google to search the Web hasn't really given me a lot of information on those DVDs. There are a few of those that are out this week that I may just have to pick up if I can find them (Scorpions, Cinderella, Asia, and 38 Special).

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
You can tell I'm a college student. When I saw Phil's post that this week's the 20th, I thought of something else, regarding the significance of Reefer Madness being released that day, which I didn't even realize it was - but FOX must've known what they were doing. :) I'll explain if people don't understand.

Thanks for the Roundup Dave, nothing for me this week except possibly Reefer Madness.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Just King of New York for me this week. (To those who've never seen it: see it!)

My continued thanks to Dave, Mike and Pat.

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody have any information on the Best Buy bonus disk for Master and Commander? The ad says it contains a 20 minute behind the scenes featurette. Are these bonus disks from Best Buy usually worth it, or would you classify them as studio promotional fluff? Thanks in advance.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Absent in the Roundup is A High Wind in Jamaica, generally regarded as superior to and thus of more likely interest than Pirates of Tortuga, which did make the Roundup. Since both are the same MSRP from Fox, I assume High Wind will be priced the same.

I already received both of them early this past week in my order from the recent foxstore.com 50% off coupon (now dead). $6 each after discount.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Saw a number of the 20th Century Masters at Wal-Mart this morning for a mere $5.88--including one for Olivia Newton-John that I might just have to pick up (What can I say; she's my biggest guilty pleasure from the 80's)

Brenda M

Stunt Coordinator
All in all I guess I will order Amazon this week for the best prices.

Tyler, I found Sweeny Todd listed on the Best Buy site at $22 I think, Amazon has it at $18.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps I'm a goody-two-shoes who's never taken a toke in his life, but I have no clue what the significance of 4/20 is for Reefer Madness! Anyone care to fill me in?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks