What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-15-2008 (1 Viewer)

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Was that a steal or what???!!!! I got in on that too...would not have bought it otherwise!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

My only concern is whether the version of AvP in the BD 2-pack is the unrated one (I know the version of AvP-R in the 2-pack is the unrated one); the Amazon product description didn't make it clear.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
The obscenely good CH coupon code expired Friday. I get them from the DVD Clubs Forum at DVD Talk. There is usually a Buy 1 Get 1 Free deal. The people who post on that forum have maximizing DVD club memberships down to a science.

troy evans

Screenwriter
The single disc Blu-ray release has both theatrical and unrated cuts on it. I believe they have packaged the original Blu-ray release with the sequel. So unless they went back to re-press discs for this release, I'm sure it's the same Blu-ray. After all this is FOX. By the way the original Blu-ray release of AVP is limited in it's features compared to it's sd dvd counterpart. What a shock, I know.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
avp 1 is same as already availale release may e the same release.

both cuts are on both movies.

and $28 is a great deal.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...-thoughts.html

oh and there has been a new release for avp 1 scheduled with the live interactive feature(is that what it's called) but i havent seen a date for it.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Ah. . .Columbia still hasn't finished refunding me for their screwups last time I took advantage of a b1g1 there (I called and spoke with a CSR who ended up fixing the original problem but also created several new ones!).

Mike<> C

Stunt Coordinator
kind of disapointed, I picked up the AVP 2 pack double dip on first release and found a single disc reissue of AVP Unrated. Differant cover and single disc, maybe this was posted somewhere I guess I need to do better research.

Oh well atleast Ive got Unrated now.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Isnt the difference between AVP and the director's cut of AVP simply that they added blood splatter with cgi for the director's cut?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
no, there are a couple of short scenes added in.

one is the beginning at the whaling location.
forget what else.

yeah, mike, that info has been around for a bit now.

apparently there will be a newer second dip with new features eventually.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

It was, Phil. I checked my notes and found the $19.99. I probably didn't think too much of it since HD prices could be just about anywhere right now. They must have found an error and fixed/changed it. Sorry about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks