What's new

Weekly Roundup 4/13 (SURPRISE! It's ME!) (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
At the store, can you buy a new frying pan? (quote from Eating Raoul )

[c] [/c]

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed advertisements, the Sunday of the week of release (so as to catch any week-of-release sale prices). All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price. If a price is marked "$_N/A_" in the grid, it means that this title is not shown as available on that chain's website or perhaps in their ads...but it COULD still be in-stores!

$_"LP" means the advertisement says "Low Price", and $_"HP" means the advertisement says "Hot Price". Use of either of these in the Roundup grid indicates that I could not locate a definate price for the item, and the ad is all I have to go on. Retailers use these phrases in advertisements so that they do not violate MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) agreements with the studios. Doing so can cost them thousands or even millions of dollars in co-op advertising funds.

I only include the titles I feel like including. In fact, the titles are pretty much the ones I'm personally interested in, with few exceptions. I don't get paid for this, and I don't have time to devote to doing every DVD. I have a lovely wife and a five-year-old son I'd rather spend time with. Please don't complain. If there is a title not included in the Roundup that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone...like I do!

Note that Circuit City does not guarantee their sale prices in Hawaii. Also note that I cannot include Wal-Mart prices in the standard Roundup: Wal-Mart sets prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is not a way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart location. When it comes to Wal-Mart prices mentioned at all, just remember that "Your Milage May Vary".

[c]
__________TITLE____________Amazon_BestBuy_CrcCity_Target__Costco_
Apollo 15: Man Must Expl._$73.78__$99.99__$99.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Babylon 5: Comp. 5th Ssn._$69.99__$79.99__$99.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Booty Call: Bootiest Ed.__$13.97__$ 9.99__$12.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Casa de los Babys_________$25.48__$24.99__$22.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Dopamine__________________$22.94__$24.99__$27.00__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Eating Raoul______________$13.96__$14.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Ginger Snaps 2: Unleashed_$21.23__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Highlander: Season 4______$62.99__$54.99__$99.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Kill Bill, Volume 1_______$19.49__$15.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$17.99
Mighty Saturns: Saturn V__$40.98__$44.99__$39.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
P.McCartney: Mus/Ani Coll_$20.99__$24.99__$22.99__$_N/A___$18.79
She's Out Of Control______$16.96__$14.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Timeline (WS)_____________$20.99__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
[/c]

* EASTER SURPRISE! Mike Frezon is out this week while recovering from some surgery. Don't worry, he should be okay and will be back posting in a few days. But, as a special surprise, I've returned by special request for a 1-week special fill-in. I'm a bit rusty, so if I missed anything, please forgive me. Things are still hell at work, but the light's at the end of the tunnel. I just hope it's not an oncoming train! I've started posting a bit here and there around the forum, but it's a very small amount and mostly in the TV area. I hope everyone enjoys my "return" shot at the Weekly Roundup. Now I just have a bone to pick with Todd Doogan for stealing the name of my concept! :eek: :wink: :laugh:

* BE CAREFUL! Timeline is available in both Widescreen and Fullscreen versions...get the correct one. "See What You've Been Missing: SEE IT IN WIDESCREEN!" :)

* TARGET DOES NOT HAVE A WEEKLY AD THIS WEEK! Or, so I've read on 2 different websites as I ran around trying to find Target ad prices. The posts were made by people representing themselves at Target employees. All I know officially is this says "Target Does Not Have A Weekly Ad At This Time".

* Best Buy: 2 for $20 when you buy Kill Bill, Volume 1 and Reservoir Dogs on the same purchase.

* Best Buy: Highlander: Season 4 has exclusive bonus material only on the Best Buy version of the release.

The latest markdowns according to VideoTropics web site (DVD Title/Old SRP/New SRP):
-------------------------
NONE!

The latest markdowns according to DavisDVD:
-------------------------
NONE!

Happy holidays, everyone!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy on sale DVD items:

Reservoir Dogs 9.99
Pulp Fiction 15.99
Jackie Brown 15.99

2 for $20 (regurlarly $12.99-$14.99)
Old School
Dead Poets Society
T2 Extreme
Kaiju Big Brawl
Snatch(regular version)
We Were Soldiers
8 Mile
Daddy Day Care
Road to Perdition
Breakfast Club
Ice Age
Charlies Angels: Full Throttle
Meet the Parents
Dumb and Dumber

------

Circuit City on sale DVD items

$7.99
I-Spy
Labyrinth
Nice Dreams
The Natural
The Sweetest Thing

$9.99
Basic
Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
Daddy Day Care
From Here To Eternity
In Hell

$12.99
Jackie Brown

$15.99
Pulp Fiction
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

$19.99
Brother Bear
Scarface Anniversary Edition
Something's Gotta Give
The Matrix Revolutions
Cheaper By The Dozen

Save $10 if you buy 2 of the following FOX TV season sets:

In Living Color: 3-disc set $29.99
Family Guy Volume 2 Season 3: 3-disc set $34.99
The Simpsons Season 3: 4-disc set $34.99
Angel Season 3: 6-disc set $39.99
24 Season 2: 7-disc set $49.99

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
It will be a Kill Bill Week for me:

Kill Bill DVD (I don't mind double dipping on this movie) Soundtrack to the Second Film (I didn't see it mentioned in any ad, but it comes out Tuesday as well) and Volume 2 on Friday!

Mark Richter

Stunt Coordinator
Dave who???

Oh yeah THAT Dave.

Welcome back Buddy.
Thank you for the info and nope nothing for me this week

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but you can save the $5 if you buy it in conjunction with one of their other overpriced dvds on the first page. :rolleyes

Thanks Dave. Hope all is better soon. And good luck to Mike.

Just Paul McCartney for me this week. I've been trying to rent one of the shorts on there (Rupert and the Frog Song), ever since I read a positive review of it in 1994! This dvd will be a very rare blind buy for me, but it sounds like something I'm going to like.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Nick, for the Target info! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

And thanks for the nice words everyone is supplying! It's giving me a nice warm fuzzy to know I was so missed.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
dave i saw that todd thing and was going to mention it around here a while ago but it always slipped mymind.

he should have given you a credit forthe name if nothing else.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

The Quentin Tarantino films seem to be the only good deal on the page (depending on the actual price of Kill Bill)

I might go for the 2 for $20 at Best Buy (Kill bill and Reservoir Dogs)

Thanks for the info, David Lambert welcome back!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Whodat?

:b :D

Glad to see you're still sane, Dave!

Nothing for me, I guess. I want "Ginger Snaps 2" but there's a better version available in Canada so I'll probably order it from there.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Note that most of our haunts are probably closed today for Easter, depending on your locale.

John Swarce

Second Unit
B5 Season 5 for $80 bucks @ BB. :angry:

Season 1-4 were all $74-$76 on release week. Good thing I have some rewards certificates saved, but the raising of new release prices (on a lot of titles) by a little bit each month does not sit well with me.

Good to see you back (at least for a week), Dave!

Happy Easter to you and yours!

John

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Welcome back!
Hope that busy schedule at weighing you down too much!

Kill Bill for me, probably at BB's 2 for 20 deal
Also hoping to track down Tokyo Godfathers.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
"Dave's not here man."

I'm wondering if any stores around here will actually stock Eating Raoul..... :rolleyes:And I even got a new frying pan just for the occasion..... :b

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Dennis,
I already got a copy of Raoul, local B&M but it out early and they must have had 20 copies. I thought this was going to be hard to find as well, but based on thier stock, it may not be so hard....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks