What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-12-2011 (1 Viewer)

John Gido

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

The coupons actually say "Coupon may not be reproduced, transferred or used in conjunction with any other offer", and when printed out it states in bold letters underneath, "This coupon cannot be combined with any other offer.".

So, did anyone have any luck combining the offers?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
TonyD said:
So if you can get best buy to take both the Disney coupons $8 for Cars and $10 for Incredibles plus take $10 off for buying both That would be both for $22 wouldn't it?
Worked for me this morning at BB.

John Gido

Second Unit
Originally Posted by TonyD

So if you can get best buy to take both the Disney coupons $8 for Cars and $10 for Incredibles plus take $10 off for buying both
That would be both for $22 wouldn't it?

Worked for me this morning at BB.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, I plan on stopping on the way home tonight.

Jimmy M

Second Unit
Originally Posted by TonyD

So if you can get best buy to take both the Disney coupons $8 for Cars and $10 for Incredibles plus take $10 off for buying both
That would be both for $22 wouldn't it?

Worked for me this morning at BB.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't know. I went to BB an hour and a half after they opened. The store wasn't very busy at all. They only had one copy of The Incredibles, and had sold out of Cars. Customer Service checked the computer and the two other BBs "in the area" (at least half hour away each) didn't have any Cars left either. He looked in the flyer (because I asked about the "save $10 when purchasing both on the same receipt) and he said it was only good while supplies lasted.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I didn't notice until I got home, my Incredibles has what sounds like broken hub pieces when I shake the case. Back for replacement I guess.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by WillG

Is there anything different about this release of Cars vs the last one?

Depends on which last one you are talking about, but the main differences I can figure:

Different slipcase

Adds the DVD (from the original release though the first re-release was a combo)

I think the uncompressed 5.1 PCM audio track has been replaced by DTS-HD (unconfirmed so far)

Someone said one of the shorts had been upgraded to HD instead of SD.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
David Norman said:
Depends on which last one you are talking about, but the main differences I can figure:

Different slipcase

Adds the DVD (from the original release though the first re-release was a combo)

I think the uncompressed 5.1 PCM audio track has been replaced by DTS-HD (unconfirmed so far)

Someone said one of the shorts had been upgraded to HD instead of SD.
All true except the audio, my package lists only an uncompressed audio track. Haven't opened to listen yet.

JeremyLG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeremy
I tried the BB in Rockwall, TX. They would NOT honor their $10 off with using the two coupons. They said I could either use my coupons or get the $10 off. I asked for my coupons back and walked out. I may try another BB. If it is still no dice, I will probably get these at Target.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I think it's up to the discretion of the store manager. But it really doesn't make a wit of sense. Manufacturers coupons do not cost the store one red cent. They get reimbursed by the manufacturer. I've been turned town at Best Buy trying to use BB store coupons on items that were on sale but I've never been turned down combining manufacturers coupons with special store discounts.

Originally Posted by JeremyLG

I tried the BB in Rockwall, TX. They would NOT honor their $10 off with using the two coupons. They said I could either use my coupons or get the $10 off. I asked for my coupons back and walked out. I may try another BB. If it is still no dice, I will probably get these at Target.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
No problems with the deal at my Best Buy. I was there 10 mins after they opened. There were four copies of Cars and a few more of Incredibles. Glad I went in right away instead of waiting.

Hadn't planned on getting Cars, but when all is said and done, it only wound up costing $4 so it was kind of a no brainer.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
What are people's thoughts on Deathly Hollows - buy now or wait for the 2nd part to come out and hope there's a two-pack, combo, or sale/deal?

JeremyLG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeremy
Originally Posted by Paul D G

What are people's thoughts on Deathly Hollows - buy now or wait for the 2nd part to come out and hope there's a two-pack, combo, or sale/deal?

I think we are going to hold out and hope for a two pack.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

I don't know if there will be a two pack but I figure that there will be an ultimate edition in November when the second half of Deathly Hallows comes to video.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Or you can just wait until a retailer has a $9.99 sale on all the films, like BB does this week.

I was kinda surprised BB had The Incredibles at noon yesterday, considering my recent experience there. Then I went looking for Harry Potter. Finding none, I was getting very frustrated, thinking no store could be out of a release this huge two hours after they opened.

Then I realized it doesn't come out until Friday and all was well.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The listings say that Mater and the Ghost Light is "now in HD!" To be honest, though, I don't recall that being in SD on the original BD. (My PS3 is broken so I can't verify.)

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator
same with me at my best buy in los angeles.

I went after work though. they had a dozen or so incredible blurays and no Cars. I also had them look up in the computer and some stores had only 1 copy of cars, but they were too out. I asked when they will get some more, they said they dont have any on order so it will be at least a couple weeks. I left with nothing. I'll try target today and pay the extra $10

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks