What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-11-2006 (1 Viewer)

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Same here as Paul_Nyman. Pricematched CC website as soon as they opened & got my MI Collectors set for $12.99 with Ticket.:emoji_thumbsup:

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Stopped by Target after work: they have the three Disney DVDs at $9.99 each. Otherwise, didn't see anything that was not listed in the ad.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I picked up the unrated version of Wolf Creek at a local Wal Mart for $14.88 and it came bundled with a DVD called Underworld. It appears to be some sort of Japanese horror anthology that includes 6 stories on it. Not sure what it is but I can't complain about the price (free with Wolf Creek).

They also had the new Mission: Impossible CE with the free movie pass inside.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
Saw the MI 1/2 Set as well as the single editions at WalMart today. The Set and the new MI SE had the movie tickets. I compared the features of the new 2 disk MI 2 to the features listed on the back of the set box. It appears that the new 2 disk set and the 1 disk version included in the collector's set have the same features. Got a notice yesterday that my set has shipped from cc.com.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter

Yes, the Wal Mart I stopped at (the older one in San Bernardino, CA) had it for $16 and change. I think it was $16.88 or something like that. I picked up the single disc version of M:I becuase I wasn't sure if the M:I2 that was in the set was any different than the original copy I already have.

On a side note, I am about the same distance to both stores in San Bernardino when I'm at work but I prefer the older one. The older store sells the two pack versions with the bonus DVDs for the same price as the single disc versions (usually $14.88). The newer store sells the two packs for $5 more.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks to Paul & Bill for the heads-up on this. I'm on vacation this week in the Palm Springs area and stopped by the local Circuit City (Palm Desert) on Tuesday to PM the MI / MI2 set to CC.com. When I told the Customer Service Rep that CC.com had the MI / MI2 set for $12.99, she told me that I was mistaken, but she checked it anyway. Once she found out it was only $12.99, she got excited because she was going to purchase the same set and was now going to save an extra $4. She was so thankful that she PM'd The Greatest Game Ever Played for me to the local Wal-Mart's price of $16.87. Now that's service!

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Toys R Us is running their periodic B2G1F sale on all DVDs this week, includes new releases; I like to use this sale for stocking up on Disney/Buena Vista titles I can't get through Columbia House, bought Pooh's Grand Adventure, Toy Story 2 SE, and Howl's Moving Castle (sadly, the only Miyazaki they had) for a total of $39.98 plus tax.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
For those interested, Costco has the Fox Laurel and Hardy set for $21.xx. Great deal if you're a fan (I got mine through Amazon for a couple bucks more). The transfers are first rate and there are plenty of extras.

Steve

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Dunno if this applies to all Target, but the in Bloominton had Spaceballs SE (two disc version) for only 7 dollars. They had the old dvd near it for 10.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
From my weekly Sam's Club trip, I noticed Newhart S3 for $19.xx. No Laurel and Hardy at Sam's.

Jay*W

Second Unit
Kenneth,

Great tip on Spaceballs SE! That was also the price ($7.50) at Target in Atlanta, so it is probably chainwide. Thanks so much. Now I'm not going to be able to resist the Mel Brooks box set.

Jay

Frank@N

Screenwriter

Belated thanks to those who posted the CC web price on the MI Collectors set. Picked one up on Tuesday morning.

I've been picking up worthy 16x9 SE upgrades lately (The Mask, Office Space, Truman Show, MI:1, Apes boxset).

Feels like a change in the winds coming, time to clean up loose ends.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I know this is late, but it wasn't until I saw the package that I found out about this: Target's version of Merv Griffin includes a bonus disc. It has three interviews on it but I can only remember seeing Ronald Reagan and Gene Autry right now...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Wow! Talk about flying UNDER the radar!

Thank goodness that's where my copy came from! :D I haven't seen it yet, though. I'll be getting it tomorrow! ;)

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Does anyone know if the Spaceballs SE is going to be $7.50 next week, too? I don't think I'll be able to make it to the store tonight.

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
John,

They may be out of stock before you get in to buy it. Maybe you could get a raincheck to honor the lower price?

My Target only had three copies of Spaceballs CE on the shelf before I bought mine. I did notice the slipcovers were quite beat up to.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Struck out on the Spaceballs 2-disc at Target today, all they had were the 1-disc editions in stock.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Is Spaceballs on sale, or a clearance/price cut, or what? I might head out now to see what's up.

Update:

To quote the movie, "We ain't found ****!"

Shame, because I wanted to upgrade my old copy. Oh, well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks