What's new

Weekly Roundup 4/1 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Seems like no one is really discounting The Wild Thornberry's Movie.
I really expected to find better deals on this movie as well. My daughters are expecting me to pick this one up on Tuesday.

FYI - I checked prices for The Wild Thornberry's at WalMart.com ($19.97) and K-Mart (BlueLight.com)($19.99) - So no savings at either of those.

Hopefully local Wal-Mart stores drop the price a bit.

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Dave,

Hey thanks buddy...'spensive week for me

Ghost and Mrs. Muir (already got and enjoyed very much)

Beatles Anthology (from Costco)

DS9 Season 2 (gotta have the Quark disk from Best Buy)

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Thanks for listing the B&M pricing on Wilco's I Am Trying To Break Your Heart, David. I really hope this title garners some attention amongst forum members, and elsewhere. I've been a fan of Wilco since their inception, but this film is a must-see for anyone who has an interest in how the recording industry works, Wilco fan or not.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
I am Trying to Break Your Heart: A Film about Wilco is the only thing for me this week, and I've ordered it from DDD for less than $18--much better than any B & M price.

Thanks as always, Dave. . .

Tommy G

Screenwriter
The only thing I was interested in was "The Truth About Charlie" only because it offers "Charade" as well in anamorphic widescreen. Anyone know if this is a 2 discer or did they put both movies on the same DVD? Either way, it looks as if I can do better if I wait on this one.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks David!

I'll be picking up "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart" and "Secretary".

Jodee

Screenwriter
I am so torn. I am such a HUGE DS9 fan that I should probably buy the set at Best Buy for the supplemental disc, but the $15 higher price tag than Costco is really hurting in these lean & mean economic times.

Do you guys think the extra disc is worth $15?

I'll probably make up for it by buying the 1-disc Red Dragon. I am usually such a DVD junkie and I always have to have the biggest & best, but I think Universal is ridiculous for wanting so much extra money for a supplemental disc. I hope this experiment bites them in the ass.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Tommy,

"The Truth About Charlie" and "Charade" disk is a flipper.
Each movie gets its own side.

Tommy G

Screenwriter

That's good news. My problem is I have no desire for Truth About Charlie and only Charade. I guess I'll still pick this one up.

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
Boy West Side Story is expensive! Any opinions as to whether the new transfer is enough betterthan the old disc to justify replacing it if I'm only concerned about the transfer, not the extras?

John Stockton

Second Unit
Apparently the this is the same transfer as the earlier release. At that price, I am going to hold out till it gets dropped later on.

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
John could you post me a link to where you read this please? I had read one review saying it was an improvemet at least on high end equipment. Perhaps there is less compression on this reissue. But if its pretty much the same transfer I don't really want to spend $25 plus just to get special features.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
It may be the same transfer, but it has the intermission included, and a missing whistle back in, which are the reasons I'm upgrading.

Jodee

Screenwriter
I noticed it mentioned here.

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/revi...estory_se.html

I think that news also just saved me $25. I need to scale back my DVD buying and that starts with questionable DVD upgrades. These overpriced special editions (Red Dragon, West Side Story) are making them easy to skip.

I think I'm saving $35 this week just by saying no. I am a DVD-aholic and I think learning to "let go" is my first step toward recovery. :)

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the roundup, David!

Looks like I'll be swinging by Costco for Far from Heaven and looking to rent Secretary sometime this week, to see if it's worth owning.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks