What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-8-2011 (1 Viewer)

Brisby

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Knaus
Does anyone know if it's possible to use the DMR Nausicaa coupon at Amazon? That $29.99 price at Best Buy is painful.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Brisby said:
Does anyone know if it's possible to use the DMR Nausicaa coupon at Amazon? That $29.99 price at Best Buy is painful.
that would be no. There have been some who have sent an email to amazon on tis coupon and have been given a "one time" credit.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Interesting.

If anyone spots Nausicaa at any other B&Ms for less than $30, please post! I should probably check the Disney Store.

That Billy Joel concert was on PBS last night. I only caught a bit of it toward the end -- the musicianship was fine, but his voice didn't sound that great.

Jay*W

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

Interesting.

If anyone spots Nausicaa at any other B&Ms for less than $30, please post! I should probably check the Disney Store.

Saw it for $27.99 at Target.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Is it just me, or has Best Buy simply stopped selling most discs for less than retail? I went in there the other day and was stunned by what they were charging for Blu-Rays, compared to what Amazon charges.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Last time I was in Best Buy (the week the original Disney Alice In Wonderland came out) I was surprised at how many BDs were on sale for very reasonable prices. In fact, I impulse-bought The Expendables for under $10.

Maybe it's just a seasonal fluctuation.

Brisby

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Knaus
I was in BB to pick up Nausicaa today (got it down to $15 with the DMR coupon and a $5 Reward Zone certificate), and they're currently selling a number of Universal titles on Blu for $9.99 apiece, plus several for $14.99 with a free ticket for either Paul or Your Highness. Check it out.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Originally Posted by TonyD /forum/thread/309405/weekly-roundup-3-8-2011#post_3787798

I don't know what the hubub is about on it. I thought it was pretty dull especially after the banksy
section finished up and it focused on the other guy, Theirry I think his name was.

Would you feel any different if Thierry was an actor hired by Banksy to play a part, and his whole L.A. art show was an elaborate hoax? That's what many people still believe, although Banksy continues to deny it. But this is an artist who, during a Sotheby's auction of his work, posted a drawing on his website of people bidding on a framed poster that said: "I Can't Believe You Morons Actually Buy This Shit."

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
After I thought about it I remember now that it was just a dvd at Target. I don't know Michael, that's a hypothetical that I can't answer. The movie just didn't do anything for me. Not that it matters but even if Theirry is a fake and he still created all those pieces are they still art or not art? Just throwing it in the mix.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Originally Posted by TonyD

The Thierry story cracked me up when I first saw the film, but obviously it's a matter of personal taste. I'm looking forward to checking out the extras, which include what's billed as a "lawyer's version" of Thierry's original film (if there really ever was one).

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
An investigative report by the L.A. Times, based on reviews of public records, seems to corroborate the veracity of Thierry's (self-stated) background.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-oscar-exit-20110222,0,1114234.story

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Although completely off-topic, these items were mentioned in past WU's...

I took a trip to Milwaukee this afternoon and traveled 76th Street to avoid not only rush-hour traffic, but the never ending construction on I94.

I passed Borders, Ultimate Electronics (in the former Circuit City building) and a Blockbuster...all going out of business. It's too bad that they couldn't pack their parking lots like that while they were actually in business....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks