What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-7-2006 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Brian: I just did some checking around at Amazon and couldn't find any 1-disc HP movies...so maybe I was just smoking something funny when I had that idea pop in my head.

It won't hurt for you to be cautious however. But, I'm really not sure I saw the 1-discers. I have been known to see disc-like objects flying outside my home late at night.....

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Why is Traffic listed? It has been out for some time.

- Steve

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
Ah, it's a new Criterion version of "Traffic," then. The movie HAS been out on DVD for some time - that's how I originally saw it, in fact - and the non-Criterion version can be had most places for under $10. I'd been hemming and hawing about buying it for awhile now. I liked the film a lot, but was unsure whether I'd watch it again - it's pretty epic and doesn't necessarily lend itself to repeat viewing. But a Criterion version makes me think twice, as it's sure to have a ton of great extras...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
DDD is showing both Criterion releases; the March 7 release is currently $5 more but I imagine will be adjusted.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Harry Potter (2-disc version to maintain consistency with the other HP movies I have in my collection) for me this week. I'm on the fence about Jarhead as a blind buy. And I'm hoping Costco or Sams will have a good price on Scooby-Doo/DynoMutt Comp. Series for my 3-year-old-Scooby-fanatic son... (FYI Mike, Scooby has usurped both Diego and Dora!)

ChristopherBlig

Stunt Coordinator
How did you find out about Jarhead Collector's Edition at Circuit City at 24.99?

I checked the flyer and circuitcity.com and found nothing.

What's the deal? I wanna pick it up tomorrow but would love a confirm

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Jarhead 2-disc is $24.96 on Target's web site. I hope it is that much in-store since I'm getting HP 2-disc there...

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator

Yeah Guo you are right it was first released back in 2002 and I have that edition and on the back of it on the bottom right in the small print it says

First printing 2002.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Potter, Howl's and Totoro for me, and maybe Whisper of the Heart. I don't know anything about it, but I'm a sucker for Miyazaki.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Target won't have this in-store...only the 1-disc and the UMD version. The Music/Movies/Books portion of Target.com is actually run through Amazon (which is also why things like the exclusive 2-disc Potter 3-D cover is only available in-store).

I saw the cover of the HP...cool cover (WAY cooler than the lenticular Brady Bunch Final Season). And Mike Frezon: my store got 60 copies of the 3-D cover and it's a low volume store....hopefully that bodes well for the rest of the chain!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I don't think it's fair for a retailer that's not truly "national" to have such an exclusive. If we can't order from the website, how are some of us supposed to get one? Are we really expected to make the 250-mile round trip to the nearest Target?

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Just called my local Wal Mart (which is notorious for consistently being one of the highest price WM in the country) & HP4 2 disc is $19.97 there. I'll be 110% price matching them at CC in the morning & get the free litho. I called CC tonight & they got in 12 copies of Howl but don't think they got either of the other Ghiblis. Sometimes that means that 1 or 2 copies of each could be somewhere on their racks in the morning. I'm really hoping for at least one Totoro to pm BB with. CC also doesn't think they got in any Shaggy Dogs. Did I mention my CC is pathetic? The people are very nice but they don't get anything in unless it's the big movie of the week or they get in a copy or two of a catalog title.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Read the review in the Software forum. I put down a pretty good description of the film. It is excellent.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks