What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon

Weekly RoundUp 3-6-2018
WRU-Banner-2018a-1024x661.jpg

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…

The Features

full

– Thor: Ragnarok – 2017

full

– Lady Bird – 2017

full

– Topaze – 1933

full

– The Man Who Invented Christmas – 2017

full

– L’eclisse – 1962

full

– Wonder Wheel – 2017
full

– Blue Planet II – 2017

full

– Novitiate – 2017

Weekly RoundUp 3-6-2018

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hello RoundUppers!

I've pre-ordered only one thing this week: The Man Who Invented Christmas (which comes highly recommended to me).

No BB flyer...again. Sigh. Some big new releases, too. Oh well.

Safe shopping!

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
My wife wants Thor; I will order Faces Places either from Amazon or Barnes and Noble with member discount and coupon I have waiting on my desk.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Definitely Thor UHD. Maybe Blue Planet.

Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Mike you mentioned the Target exclusive for Last Jedi - do you know if that's only on the Blu or if it's also for the 4K? I ask because it's rarely for the 4K...but hope springs eternal!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Just the Target exclusive Blu of Thor: Ragnarok for me. I'll pick up Lady Bird down the road, once it drops below $10. A strong contender for my favorite film of 2018, but it's the type of title that goes on sale pretty quickly.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you for your work on this as always, Mike!

I have The Breadwinner and Lady Bird on order from Amazon for this week. Those who have read the movies forum know I'm especially fond of The Breadwinner and would recommend it to anyone interested. It's also already streaming on Netflix for those of you who have that.

I'll probably also get Thor Ragnarok at some point, but not right now and certainly not for $22.99. If The Breadwinner, which made under $1 million in theaters, can come home to me for $19.96, I'm not going to accept $22+ for a massive Disney blockbuster, so will probably catch up with Thor around Black Friday, or the next time it happens to be on sale to promote something else.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up Cat O' Nine Tails and Lady Bird. I'll eventually pick up Curb Your Enthusiasm, A Fistful Of Dynamite and The Strangers.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

Mike you mentioned the Target exclusive for Last Jedi - do you know if that's only on the Blu or if it's also for the 4K? I ask because it's rarely for the 4K...but hope springs eternal!
The Target website only has the exclusive listed for the Blu-ray/DVD combo release.

Clay_E

Second Unit
I'll be getting the BB steelbook release of Thor, but otherwise that's it for me.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks, Mike. Nothing for me this week. I am happy with my current BD copies of The Cat O’ Nine Tails and A Fistful of Dynamite, and the trailers for the Thor film did nothing for me... it may be a rental sometime down the road.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I've pre-ordered only one thing this week: The Man Who Invented Christmas (which comes highly recommended to me).

Remember back when Christmas-themed movies like this would have 10 or 11-month windows between theatrical and video so as to time the video release to the following holiday season after theatrical?

Man, how times have changed in the industry.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Thor UHD if I can find a deal. Otherwise, I’ll grab it from the Disney Movie Club with their current deal. Thank you Mike!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Thor 4K at DMC is still $35 you get the other movies in the order for the discount rate?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
If you meant Thor, it’s not included with the 4K edition only the Blu-ray.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I have it in my cart now and it’s showing up for the lower price. Last Jedi is full price.
Ah right. Forgot about adding other 4K movies instead of Blu-rays.

But the price for 2 4Ks at dmc is over $31 each minimum with shipping and before tax even with the current offer.
Thor will be $28 in store and online
Last Jedi $30 maybe less in store/online.

Is there a benefit to buying them from dmc?

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the ROundUp, Mike!

Thor in 4K will be bought somewhere but I will wait to find a price reduction. Also Blue Planet II in 4K. Nothing much else piques my fancy this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks