What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3/30 (1 Viewer)

Tanja

Agent
does the CC price mostly match the store's price? or can there be differences? i would like to buy SGG this week (starting the vacation, so definetly in las vegas if there is one :))

and what about Schindler's List gift set? is there anyone going to look for the price tomorrow? it would be cool to have a comparison on how much to buy for this set. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

The price I list for Circuit City IS the in-store price. The on-line price can vary--as I showed this week with Best Buy and bestbuy.com. But the prices you see posted Tanja should be what you see in the store when you arrive. Have fun shopping!!! :D On-line is okay, but when you can fill up a cart with lots of DVDs...woo hoo! :laugh:

Re: Schindler's Giftset... It is hard to say when the brick & mortar stores will follow the MSRP drop. I'd say just keep your eyes open in the stores you visit and check here for folks to post on the prices they see. For example, I know the Best Buy near me has a HUGE stack of those giftsets sitting in their center aisle near the DVDs and are probably looking to move 'em out of the store as soon as possible. They might lower the price Tuesday!

I am pulling The Incredible Mrs. Ritchie from the Roundup. Turns out it was just a pricedrop on this title that was released just a few weeks ago. (Should've thought it looked rrreeeeeeaaaalll familiar! :b )

Thanks everybody! Please post with price sitings on the Schindler's giftset and anything else of note.

MattGentry

Second Unit
This past month has been seriously lacking for me in terms of DVD purchases.

But, all that will change beginning next month. April, May, and June DVD purchases(according to my calculations) will wind up costing me roughly $600.

There goes my bank account...

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Man, Jersey Girl came out dvd quickly :)

/aware that it's not the kevin smith one

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Isn't the Mr. Bean Animated episodes MAR'ed??
They are 4:3 here in the US but are originally LTBX.

Swan Princess is FULLSCREEN and originally 1.85:1
http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...4&tab=5&back=1

and the Swan Princess 2 pack that has the MAR'ed Swan Princess, also comes with a FULLSCREEN Swan Princess 2, which was originally 1.85:1 as well.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I'm looking forward to blind buying The Final Countdown. Also, I didn't know FC was in widescreen and fullscreen versions, I'll have to make sure to get WS.

Daryl Stovall

Second Unit
Lawsy! It's gon' be an expensive week come Tuesday.
CSI - 3
Dark Shadows - 11
Homicide: Life on the Sreets - 4
Texas Chainsaw
Brother Bear
House of Sand and Fog
Final Countdown
Ripley's Game
Sanford & Son - 4

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
For those of you who prefer brick-and-mortars, my local Hastings (in College Station) is going to have Panic Room Tuesday for $29.99. Best non-net price I've seen, and I'd presume other Hastings will follow suit.

Jon B NY

Stunt Coordinator
Bob Pierce - On Tuesday when you try to price match the two disc TCM - do come back and say if you were successful. I'd rather get that for 20, then get the 2-disc and the original for 30.

Tanja

Agent

thx mike. SGG will be mine :)

and i'll look in every store i can find for the gift set. although my family will kill me after this vacation :D

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Texas Chainsaw 2003 CE, Final Countdown LE, Panic Room SE, and House of Sand and Fog for me. VERY expensive day!

Bob Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
But of course, Jon! :D As soon as I get to a computer, this will be the first place I go.

Happy Hunting,

- Bob

Eric Ryon

Auditioning
terrible prices on penn & teller at the b&m stores. Anyone know of a good deal on this one? It's the only thing that I want this week.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Anyone know if Costco is going to be carrying "Panic Room" and at what price. If they are carrying it, I would expect the price to be pretty good.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Eric, Amazon has Penn & Teller for $27 and change, $25 and change if you can get someone to Share the Love with you.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Was just at Target. Their unadvertised $10 specials this week seem to be:

Anger Management
Dirty Dancing (Ultimate)
xXx
Bend It Like Beckham
Maid in Manhattan

and maybe a couple of other things that have slipped my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks