What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– Ordinary People – 1980
full

– A Star is Born – 1937
full

– The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm – 1962
full

– The Last Waltz – 1978
full

– Sing 2 – 2021
full

– Shakedown – 1950...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
WHAT A WEEK!

Some of the most long-awaited titles to come to HD home video hit the shelves this week.

Who among us hasn’t been waiting for the opportunity to be able to pull the trigger on purchasing Dagmar’s Hot Pants…and J-Lo’s most recent rom-com Marry Me?

But I kid.

• 1980 Best Picture winner Ordinary People
  • The acclaimed 1937 A Star is Born (March/Gaynor)
  • Restored Cinerama classic The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm
Wow. It continues to be a wonderful time for collectors of classic movies on disc for home viewing.

Enjoy, RoundUppers! :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just realized I forgot to include links to Robert Harris' "Few Words About" the big three releases this week: Ordinary People, A Star is Born, and The Wonderful World of Brothers Grimm.

Those links are now included in the grid.

I'll have reviews up for a couple of these in the next few days.
I'm ready for ya, @Matt Hough ! :D

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I just realized I forgot to include links to Robert Harris' "Few Words About" the big three releases this week: Ordinary People, A Star is Born, and The Wonderful World of Brothers Grimm.

Those links are now included in the grid.

I'm ready for ya, @Matt Hough ! :D
No need since two of the ones Robert Harris covered are also releases I'll be reviewing, so never mind! :cool:

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks, as always, Mike. I am eagerly awaiting my Amazon Brothers Grimm pre-order. I had no idea there was a 3-film Edward G. Ulmer set coming out, so I just added it to my Amazon pre-order. Thanks to your RoundUp, Tuesday is going to be an extra fun day!

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Siodmak's The Devil Strikes at Night is a great film. Can't recommend it highly enough. Don't overlook it in the face of all the other classics being released this week. This is also a classic.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have added a link to @Matt Hough 's review of A Star is Born to this week's grid. (Spoiler alert: Matt likes it. Quite a lot! :D)

Siodmak's The Devil Strikes at Night is a great film. Can't recommend it highly enough. Don't overlook it in the face of all the other classics being released this week. This is also a classic.

Even though I don't know anything about this title, a recommendation from Jose means I will look into it!

Personally, I have pre-ordered Ordinary People--a film I haven't seen since it was in theaters. And I will be picking up A Star is Born down the road.

Michael Cucka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Cucka
Hey, Mike!
The Frankenstein coming out this week is the Paul Morrissey "Flesh for Frankenstein" with Udo Kier - a curiosity in and of itself, especially in 3D!
The Branagh "Mary Shelly's Frankenstein" from Arrow comes out on April 12.
Thanks!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Frankenstein coming out this week is the Paul Morrissey "Flesh for Frankenstein" with Udo Kier - a curiosity in and of itself, especially in 3D!
The Branagh "Mary Shelly's Frankenstein" from Arrow comes out on April 12.
Thanks, Michael! I really appreciate that. I had the Branaugh in my new release list. Then I saw the other one as I was researching prices and never connected that they were different.

The title name has been fixed!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks