What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3/29/05 (1 Viewer)

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Here are the titles I made note of prior to coming here, actually there were a couple more, these are the ones want:

Closer
After the Sunset
Angel Guts
Apollo 13 anniversary
Kagemusha CC
Lone Gunmen
Nine Innings From Ground Zero
Orgazmo
Samurai Champloo 2
Sky High
Tale of Two Sisters
Twilight zone Def vol 2

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Hmmmm. I didn't think twice about it since I've NEVER run into the problem before. But, why wouldn't they give a rain check? They've got an advertised item at a sale price and don't have enough in stock to meet demand. Are new release week loss leaders "while supply last" items? I don't think so. They should be willing to meet that price if you are willing to wait until they get enough in stock.

But, actually, it was the CC employee who offered me the raincheck...and since they had the lowest price last week I figured, why not?

For those asking the question if there's any reason to pick up this new release of Apollo 13 if you've got one of the old ones? HERE'S the thread from over in software.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i think the cc rc might be a store by store thing.
i have never been able to get one at any cc near me.
i live near wilmington del.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the roundup this week.

Maybe Orgazmo for me but not sure.

I already have Apollo 13 so don't feel compelled to repurchase.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
hmm cc and bb was closed here in wilm del today.
i know its easter but closed?

Vincent-P

Second Unit
I also have never been able to get a raincheck from Circuit City. The one in College Station never had enough of anything in stock. It really got on my nerves so I pretty much stopped going there.

Steve Meskell

Second Unit

I could never understand how Yankee fans thought a Yankee win would be "good" for NY after 9/11. Very distasteful....
Just watching this on HBO made me upset... :angry:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Steve: And you're from the Bronx?! :D

At the risk of alienating a good percentage of "Weekly RoundUppers", I will admit to being a Red Sox fan.

While I believe the animosity between the clubs has grown exponentially since 2001, it just seemed to me at the time that a Yankees World Series win could only be a good thing at the inarguable worst time in NYC's history. I haven't seen Nine Innings from Ground Zero...but I have clear memories of President Bush taking the pitcher's mound to throw out the first pitch and thinking what an incredible moment in our American psyche. I am looking forward to a viewing.

But, then, I'll probably enjoy Reversing the Curse of the Bambino, too! ;)

I'm a sucker for baseball on DVD. While Ken Burn's Baseball is the centerpiece of my collection, I highly recommend The Life & Times of Hank Greenburg to anyone who has never seen it. Its a fun documentary which chronicles the life and accomplishments of baseball's first Jewish superstar. It is sometimes available in the "cut out" bin at certain stores.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Kagemusha and Orgasmo on the same receipt. Kurosawa is rolling in his grave somewhere...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:laugh:

Seeing as how I might end up with Nine Innings from Ground Zero and Reverse the Curse of the Bambino on the same receipt...I suppose Ted Williams might be spinning in a cryogenic chamber somewhere.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I will be picking up Murder, She Wrote (S1). Did i just admit to that ? heh anyways it is a fun show hopefully it will sell well.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hi Aryn! Don't be ashamed. We won't make TOO much fun of you! :D

I remember a few months ago we all started posting about what new releases we wouldn't be picking up on any given week. Maybe this week is guilty pleasures...or odd pairings week!

Dave H

Senior HTF Member

Awesome. Hopefully, I can get $7.00 or $8.00 for my current version which means five or six bucks for the upgrade hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks