What's new

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Target...

53211599_Alt01
And according to their website, Target's exclusive content is a featurette on the porgs. I'm guessing it's digital rather than included on a disc but I haven't seen anything that says one way or the other.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I guess i’m picking up my “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” disc at Target on Tuesday. *sigh*

I really miss the “good old days” when I could just preorder everything I wanted months in advance from Amazon knowing that A) I was getting the best release day price available, and B) The discs would be delivered promptly on the first day they were available.

Just order from BBY and get the best price automatically by release day and 15-45 day price protection afterwards which puts them 15-45 days better than Amazon.

10 of last 11 preorders from BBY have arrived on or before release day. My SW should be here tomorrow. 1 I got the release week price charged at shipment and the other 2 I got automatically refunded the difference on the 2 that shipped before the price drop. 2 have now dropped further in the last few weeks so I need to call and get the extra $10 back

Use my BBY CC through the year to buy all my normal stuff (groceries, utilities, gasoline, etc) which earns me BBY RZ points too, and qualifies me for Elite Plus even if I never order $1 from BBY so I get FS without having to give Amazon another $100 (I'm still Prime since it was a Trial offer, but I likely haven't even broken even the last 2 years). My shipping experiences with BBY over the last 2 years have been substantially better than Amazon and my interactions with CSR have been far more positive than my Amazon contacts for the last 3-4 years.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
And according to their website, Target's exclusive content is a featurette on the porgs. I'm guessing it's digital rather than included on a disc but I haven't seen anything that says one way or the other.
I thougth it might be the 3rd disc but according to another site there are two blu-rays in the blu-ray only configuration:
The Last Jedi
contains all of its supplemental content, minus the audio commentary track, of course, on a second bundled Blu-ray. A Movies Anywhere digital copy code is included with purchase. ...
  • The Director and the Jedi (1080p, 1:35:23): An intimate, detailed documentary journey that explores the making of the movie from a number of interesting perspectives, packed with raw and honest insight by Rian Johnson and cast and crew, and fascinating footage from sets and rehearsals and production meetings. Broadly, the piece explores, in offset but flowing cadence, scripting, shooting, set and prop building, on-set life, discussions of working with cast and crew, editing, and plenty more. This is a movie and Star Wars fan's dream extra.
  • Balance of the Force (1080p, 10:17): Johnson discuses The Force, Luke's motivations in the movie, Rey's place in the universe, the Force connection between Rey and Ren, and the film's final confrontation. Much of this is covered to some degree in the commentary track.
  • Scene Breakdowns (1080p): Comprehensive insight into making three of the film's key sequences. Included are Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle (14:23), Snoke and Mirrors (5:40), and Showdown on Crait (12:56).
  • Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) (1080p, 5:49): Andy Serkis' performance as Snoke in the motion capture suit, prior to the CGI layers that made it into the finished product seen in the film.
  • Deleted Scenes (1080p, 23:02 total runtime): Following a Rian Johnson Introduction, the following scenes are included, with optional Rian Johnson commentary: Alternate Opening, Paige's Gun Jams, Luke Has a Moment, Poe: Not Much of a Sewer, It's Kind of Weird That You Recorded That, The Caretaker Sizes Up Rey, Caretaker Village Sequence, Extended Fathier Chase, Mega Destroyer Incursion - Extended Version, Rose Bites the Hand That Taunts Her, Phasma Squealed Like a Whoop Hog, Rose & Finn Go to Where They Belong, Rey & Chewie in the Falcon, and The Costumes and Creatures of Canto Bight.
I ordered the 4K version from Target at $29.99 -1.50 for red card (I think they used to have up to release day price protection so I may get $2.00 back as it is currently $27.99 online and in the ad)

I looks as though there is a WalMart variant
195642_large[1].jpg
as well but it is not on their website as of this writing has 6 interchangeable covers ...

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike!

I go away from the forum for two and a half days and come back to 55 notifications (!) about existing watched threads, but looked at the Weekly Roundup thread first.

As a Prime member, I would normally just order on Amazon, but for The Last Jedi, I pre-ordered the regular version from Target, on account of the Amazon-Disney feud. However, when I pre-ordered it, it was showing as $24.99.

Now I see from the Roundup that Target is selling the same thing for $22.99 as a weekly ad price.

Does anyone know if they will automatically refund me the difference like Amazon does? If not, is there any way for me to get those two bucks back? And if yes, what do I need to do? Because I only order from Target sporadically, I've never encountered a case of their dropping the price between pre-order and release date before.

Thanks in advance!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thank you, Mike!

I go away from the forum for two and a half days and come back to 55 notifications (!) about existing watched threads, but looked at the Weekly Roundup thread first.

As a Prime member, I would normally just order on Amazon, but for The Last Jedi, I pre-ordered the regular version from Target, on account of the Amazon-Disney feud. However, when I pre-ordered it, it was showing as $24.99.

Now I see from the Roundup that Target is selling the same thing for $22.99 as a weekly ad price.

Does anyone know if they will automatically refund me the difference like Amazon does? If not, is there any way for me to get those two bucks back? And if yes, what do I need to do? Because I only order from Target sporadically, I've never encountered a case of their dropping the price between pre-order and release date before.

Thanks in advance!

It should update automatically -- my 4K order shipped Friday and noticed the charge on my redcard has been charged at the 27.99+tax with the 5% RC discount.

If it doesn't show the adjustment or refund within a couple days just call Target CSR.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Just order from BBY and get the best price automatically by release day and 15-45 day price protection afterwards which puts them 15-45 days better than Amazon.

Isn't it true that you have to walk into a physical store to get the price guarantee, even if you ordered your item online?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Isn't it true that you have to walk into a physical store to get the price guarantee, even if you ordered your item online?

No. Online orders should be able to be corrected over the phone if you are automatically refunded.
I';ve even gotten in-store purchases refunded online though that is YMMV.

Pre-order price guarantees should be done automatically either at time of charge/shipment or as a refund a couple days later.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Just got this notification in the old email:
SW-TLJ-BB.png

Always nice when they process the in-store pickup preorders the night before after closing, instead of waiting until sometime late morning the day of.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Wonder on Blu-Ray was $12.99 at Best Buy, so I ended up picking that up while I was there to pick up The Last Jedi. Season one of "Legion" was inexplicably $24.99 on BestBuy.com but $29.99 on the shelves, so I've got that one coming to me in the mail.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys, the release of The Last Jedi got past me. I guess because it’s not available at Amazon and I wasn’t paying attention.

I was looking at Amazon and saw a 3D version from a third party seller. I’m not seeing a Blu ray 2D/3D option non 4K set. I’m not sure if it’s a retailer exclusive but I’ll be checking. If you guys know I’ll be interested in knowing. If it’s a fake, I’ll be ok with a 2D edition.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey guys, the release of The Last Jedi got past me. I guess because it’s not available at Amazon and I wasn’t paying attention.

I was looking at Amazon and saw a 3D version from a third party seller. I’m not seeing a Blu ray 2D/3D option non 4K set. I’m not sure if it’s a retailer exclusive but I’ll be checking. If you guys know I’ll be interested in knowing. If it’s a fake, I’ll be ok with a 2D edition.

There is no US 3D release at all.
The 3rd Party version is the upcoming UK release for about twice the direct price

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks David!

My Best Buy had plenty of copies of the Blu ray amd Digital and 4K and Blu-ray set of The Last Jedi.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks David!

My Best Buy had plenty of copies of the Blu ray amd Digital and 4K and Blu-ray set of The Last Jedi.

My BBY 4K Steel arrived in a nice box today -- perfect. no spine slashes or dents.
The 3D is on order to be shipped in a couple weeks. There were a couple of 4K/3D combos from various countries, but it was cheaper or about the same to order them separately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks