What's new

Weekly Roundup 3/25 (1 Viewer)

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Well, won't have to make a trip to BestBuy today. Was going to get "Futurama" but found a nice little B-day gift waiting for me when I got up this morning. :D :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I Just Got Off The Phone With Target! $15.99 for Who Framed Roger Rabbit...and they have "plenty of them"!!!

I know where I'm going on my lunchbreak...

If they have that Woman's Day magazine on their mag rack with the $3 off coupon in it for WFRR, then I'll spend the $1.99 on the mag and net the dollar difference. Or, perhaps I'll run by my doctor's office first and see what's in the waiting room! ;)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
You're welcome. If anyone's trying to figure out what Wal-Mart's prices are, my local one is going for $17.08...clearly competing against the advertised $17.99 prices instead of Target's "Low Price" as marked in their ad.

So - aspersions to the contrary that were posted in previous weeks put aside - Target here clearly reaps the benefit of not stating outright what the sale price is. They win my business.

Remember, though...YMMV.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
My local Wal-Mart had Roger Rabbit for ... $14.07! Also used a $3 coupon from the wife's Better Homes and Gardens. Woo hoo!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Damn these gas prices! Unfortunately the Target nearest me would wash away in gas prices the savings I would get on WFRR. Oh well, time to cross the street and get it at the Best Buy during lunch. :D

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
In case anybody else is interested, I called Borders and they want $35.99 for Futurama. Needless to say, I feel confident that Costco will get my business on this one. :)

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Thanks Dave for your help on the WFRR issue. I was probably going to get it anyway, no matter the changes. I just had to ask.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
FWIW, my Wal-Mart also had a good deal on WFRR for $14.88. My wife actually saw this while buying some stuff and bought it since she knows how much I love this film. I had to tell her to return it, since we'll be watching the laser disc tonight instead.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Just an FYI from my experience. Our Costco's in my area (San Jose, CA) don't take coupons. Target does as I've used them occasionally on Kleenex, cookies and soda before.

I'm off to check out prices at our Walmart and pick up a coupon for WFRR.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up Femme Fatale (blind purchase) at CC. I also grabbed Roger Rabbit, Dinosaur (for $10 - onsale for $15 - $5 with WFRR purchase deal), and Rear Window at BB.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Wait a second, trying to read back to see what the WFRR issue is....

But before that, I was at BB getting that and the SACD Dark Side of the Moon (hybrid, so plays in normal cd players, but not as multichannel) for $11.99. And I wanted WFRR, have't yet watched the original.

Picked it up and looked at the back to check widescreen. The only thing I saw was 1.33:1, yikes! Checked them all in a mad rush, all 1.33:1. I asked the cute girl working there if there was a widescreen version. She helped me out by pointing out on the case the feature was 1.85:1 on disc two titled "enthusiast" Ah..... happy boy.

Now off to read back on the "issues"

Oh, and still no copy of Dreams.... pissin' me off.

Anyone know about BB for coupons? Sometimes they view that as a double dip with the deals they have.

Could this be done...
PM target for WFRR
Use coupon for WFRR and another disney disc.
Get the $5 bonus for BB WFRR and another disc deal.
Get out of the store with WFRR for like $12 and another disney title for like $15-16. (is there another disney title I want besides Spririted Away (4/15)?)

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Dave do you know what edits made it into the first release of WFRR? Or where one can find such information?

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
From the www.dvdfile.com review:

"Jeffrey Price wrote the wonderful screenplay, which was based on Gary K. Wolf's novel Who Censored Roger Rabbit? How ironic. There were scenes in 1999 DVD release that were censored. The first is rather early in the film. Baby Herman storms off the set and leers up a woman's dress as he walks between her legs. In the theatrical version, his arm extends up under her dress, finger extended for a goose, causing her to jump. The '99 DVD was strictly a non-contact version; Herman's hand remains at his side. I'm pleased to report that Buena Vista has tried to satisfy the irate fan base by restoring the extended arm, but has toned down the goose by eliminating the finger. The second scene occurs much later in the film as Benny the Cab crashes into a light pole, tossing Jessica and Valiant into the air. As Jessica spins, her skirt flies above her waste. In the '99 DVD version, Buena Vista put the underwear-free Jessica in some tidy whiteys. In the latest version, Buena Vista has decided that even that may be too risque. Jessica's red gown has been extended to cover her crotch. And during the commentary, it's confirmed that Betty Boop flashed Valiant in the Ink & Paint Club; those frames were excised from the film. Sigh. Don't you just love it when a studio is so damn condescending?"

Jodee

Screenwriter
FYI in case anyone is interested...

COstco had Maid in Manhattan for $17.99 plus they had a $5 mail-in rebate, making it $12.99.

In case you don't want The Wedding Planner deal at Best Buy, that is a good deal on this title.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Costco and Sam's Club do not accept any coupons except their own. I guess it's part of their no-frills, keep costs low, warehouse approach.

BJ's Warehouse Club, on the other hand, does accept manufacturer's coupons.

The new Entertainment Weekly magazine review of WFRR makes fun of the "family friendly" vs. "enthusiast" approach of the package: "Aren't there families that hate pan-and-scan?" Indeed.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
This may or may not be the proper place for this but wanted to check with others before posting to Studio Feedback or Vendor Feedback.

I just picked up Roger Rabbit at Costo and when I got home found that the anti-theft tag was stuck to the outside of the slip cover!

Dont know if this is Costco, Touchstone or just a fluke but I wondered if anyone else found the same thing. I gently removed the tag and it did pull up some of the foil on the slip cover. I also noticed that the bottom from of the slip cover is all scratched up as well.

I am considering exchanging it but dont know how Costco will feel about an exchange for "cosmetic" reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks