What's new

Weekly Roundup 3/25 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Anyone know what BJ's pre-coupon price is? Will the coupon make it worthwhile compared to other B&M's?
Hey, Malcom! :D

I'll be trying to check out BJs price Tuesday or Wednesday. I've got the Roger Rabbit coupon, plus another coupon for $10 off a $50 purchase if I use a MasterCard (the M/C coupon was mailed to me). I'll report here if noone else beats me to it.

Skippy

Stunt Coordinator
WFRR and, yep, Killing Me Softly UR - I'm THAT BIG a Heather Graham fan.
Whew... glad I'm not the only one picking this up. ;)

This is an expensive week for me:

Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Killing Me Softly Unrated
Friday After Next
Femme Fatale
Jackass the Movie (wasn't planning on this, but for $15, how can I resist?!?!)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
[rant]Aryn, may I ask where you came up with that info? That would be just too super-sweet, if true!!! That's $8 cheaper than Costco's web-based price, and ten cheaper than anyone else!![/rant]

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Very Expensive week for me, not just DVDs though.

Jackass
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Legend of Zelda: The WIndwaker
Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon (SACD)

-Dean-

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Dave,
when i was at costco over the weekend i asked what they would be charging for it and thats what they told me. you can find a few examples where they are cheaper in store than on the website. for example stargate sets are $46.99 online and $39.99 in store, also six feet under is cheaper in store $59.99. It's possible the person at costco is wrong though and i should have mentioned that with the original post. sorry for not being more detailed. I will be there tuesday and i will post whether it is @ that price or higher.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Some Costco stores also have different prices than others. They practice "regional pricing" much like Wal-Mart at times.

Info appreciated Mike. It's a 55-mile trek to BJ's and it'd be nice to know if WFRR would be on the list of items to make the trip worthwhile.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Non-OAR discs are, as usual, entirely left off the Roundup.
I know this has been debated before but CSI was originally aired in 1.85:1 for the HD broadcast, however it is only available as fullscreen (1.33:1). This might be an issue for some as the OAR (as originally viewed) is not the same as the DVD release. I'm not trying to start up the debate again but just wanted to make sure people were aware.

Chris S.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Chris, in answer to the CSI aspect ratio debate, I will let my "boss" Gord Lacey speak for me (and very well, I might add!). I'm in complete agreement with what he says, and I feel there is no dilemma with purchasing this release.

Aryn: Both Costco locations in my town looked it up by item #, and state that the price will be $57.99; perhaps this IS a regional thing. :frowning:

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
David,

You mentioned Targets Low Price for the Vista Series Roger Rabbit "looking like 15.99". I'm hoping that's confirmed as I'll be visiting the Targe in my area for that puppy if that holds to be true.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'll put it this way, Paul: You know the old saying, "Take it with a grain of salt"?

Well, you can hardly taste the salt on this information! :wink:

Still, my source could be wrong. "Could be"...

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
Would Target accept the Better Homes & Garden coupon while still offering Who Framed Roger Rabbit @ $15.99? I've never even tried coupons at Target before?

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
Anybody know what Borders will be selling Futurama for? I'm eligible for another one of their targeted sales this weekend and I need to know if 20% off their price will beat Costco.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Would Target accept the Better Homes & Garden coupon while still offering Who Framed Roger Rabbit @ $15.99
There's no reason for them not to. I've used coupons on sale items, though not at Target, since I don't shop there too often. And it's not like they are losing money on the sale, they get the price of the coupon back when they redeem it.

Chris

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Who's commercial, Matt? Because every weekly circular I've seen shows the Friday date as part of the Ghost Ship part of the ad.
It wasn't a chain's commercial--it was a Ghost Ship commercial, from the studio (Warner?--I don't know). It aired on either CBS or ABC yesterday afternoon. I was flipping back and forth between CBS' basketball coverage, and ABC's war/pre-Oscar coverage, and saw it on one of the two channels.

I've seen Friday release dates often get pushed up to the Tuesdays before several times in the past.

I don't give a shit about the movie, anyway--so it's no matter to me. Just reporting what I saw. Even if they're not out on Tuesday anywhere, well, they weren't originally supposed to be out until Friday, anyway. If they are out tomorrow--hey, bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks