What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-24-2009 (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Mike, I think the people that run the check-out coupon program at Target are the same ones that run the Reward Zone specials (that you NEVER seem to get)!

troy evans

Screenwriter
The information from HDRoom's source is incorrect. This set will be on sale with LtK and MwtGG included on 3/24/09. I went to my local BB today to confirm and these sets are ready to sell tomorrow :D. I actually had my hands on one after asking one of the store members, but, of course I couldn't buy it yet. I can't wait till tomorrow.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
Hi Troy,

Yeah, just checked with Best Buy online and all the stores in my area had it in stock. I should have added to my original post that they did get their info from the Fox PR department. Any PR department confirmation should be always be taken shaken, not stirred (and if not that way, then with a grain of salt). ;)

As for the set itself, I really want Man with the Golden Gun, but that is it. License to Kill was a one-timer and I already have QOS on BD.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
FYI-

I was at Costco this morning and they have Quantum of Solace on Blu Ray for $25.99. They also had a new box set for all 10 films already out plus the new third wave for $159.00. This was frustrating because I hoped Costco would have the third box.

This box contains: QoS, Die Another Day, The World is Not Enough, For Your Eyes Only, Moonraker, Live and Let Die, Thunderball, Goldfinger, From Russia With Love and Dr. No.

If I had not already bought the first two box sets, this one would have been nice. As the box has each film in it's own case.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason

FYI

The Target I stopped at during my lunch break wouldn't even honor the $10 off for buying Lilo and Stitch with the deluxe SD of Bolt.

Took them to the register and the system didn't take the extra $10 off, so explained the offer to the cashier. Cashier then goes to look at the ad and then gets ahold of someone back in media who tells her to just treat it as a store coupon and take the $10 off, but she can't do that; I have to go to customer service and have them do it. So I do, and then get told by the guy over there that "no, the deal only applies to the single disc SD version, not the deluxe SD." Felt like arguing the point, but I'd already spent way too much time in the store already over the mess and needed to get back to work. May try another Target after work to see if I have better luck.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
After reading the last post I can understand better what I am about to post. A Target horror story.

Sent my mother to Target with a list & $5 coupon for BOLT (easier for her to get there, I'm in a wheelchair) & she came back with the $15 savings BUT they gave her the one disc BOLT along with my Lilo & Never Say Never Again. So she goes back & they refund the whole order but don't want to give her the $5 coupon savings because she no longer HAS the coupon (they do). Eventually they manually take $5 off of the 2 disc BOLT but when she comes home I notice that I no longer have the $10 combo savings. I called and talked to a manager & she's on her way back there with the intention of getting the order reporcessed so I get the $5 coupon AND the $10 off for Lilo & BOLT sd dvd (ad does NOT say only the one disc). If she comes back & they don't give her the savings I'll wheel there in my van and "There Will Be Blood".

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
What's really sad is when the customers understand the deals better than the store staff. No Target stores anywhere near me, so I can't test them here.

I've given up trying to get stores to honor their own coupons and deals. I just buy online now.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Manager REFUSED to give mom the $10 savings so she brought my dvds home and I immediately went to the Better Business Bureau online site & filed a detailed complaint. I had to do it twice with BestBuy.com when they didn't send a promo item that was supposed to be part of an order & both times they gave me a $10 gift card. I am so mad I could chew nails. The computer will only give the $10 for the 1 disc but the ad DOES NOT say that. Last I checked there is just blu ray & sd dvd (since hd-dvd died) & this should get the $10 savings. They PENALIZE you for spending $7 MORE for a better sd dvd????????

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
I was looking strickly in the fine print, which makes no such distinction. It is only in the main text that it gives different dates.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason

Well, I had no better luck at the 2nd Target I went to than the first I posted about yesterday. As with Bill's experience, the Supervisor refused to honor the ad because the computer wouldn't deduct the extra $10. She understood where I was coming from in how the ad is written up, but she claimed she could do nothing about it, which is a bunch of BS as I've seen them make price corrections before. Of course, at both Targets they tried to then get me to buy just the single disc version, but I refused saying I could go to another store and get a better deal for what I really wanted.

Actually ended up being able to get the same exact deal at Toys'R'Us. Unfortunately, neither the Lilo and Stitch or the Bolt 2-disc SD are on sale at Toys'R'Us, or I could have actually made out even better. They are both regular price, $19.99 and $24.99 respectively. However, I was able to find a copy of the 2-disc SD Bolt that had a coupon attached to it for $6 off if you bought it and Lilo and Stitch together, which got them down to the Target sale prices. (YMMV on getting the $6 coupon as only 4 out of the dozen or so Bolt 2-disc SD had it attached to the slipcase.) Of course, I also got the Toys'R'Us discount of $10 for buying both and then also used my $5 coupon for the SD Bolt, so ended up paying $23.98 before tax. So, in the end I was able to still get the discs for the same price, but Toys'R'Us got the money instead of Target, although still ticked about so much time wasted at Target trying to get them to honor their advertised deal.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
Is On Her Majesty’s Secret Service actually out...?

I went to Best Buy and Target yesterday and neither had it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks