What's new

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I see that Amazon finally dropped the price for Creed to $14.99, but I'm happy that I bought it at a cheaper price point at Target.:)

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Picked up Mockingjay part 2 at Target today for my daughter. The regular blu was 19.99, but the blu with exclusive content was 22.99. And the extra disc is a dvd, not a blu.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Has anyone purchased the 3D Mockingjay (http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Hunger-Games-Mockingjay-Blu-ray/dp/B0193IQJKO?ie=UTF8&keywords=mockingjay 2 3d&qid=1458792970&ref_=sr_1_1&s=dvd&sr=1-1)?

If so is it region B only or will it play on standard US players (specifically PS3)?

It's Lionsgate and has a B only on the back cover so I would assume it's locked.
All the other movies in the series are listed as locked on bluray.com so it seems likely this would be too

There are some Region A releases out of Asia though not particularly cheap

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
Thanks, David. I knew that the Amazon description said B but lots of other disks labeled B are actually region free. I have not studied the situation enough to know what particular companies actually did. Even though my preference is usually for 3D blu, I'm not willing to pay an exorbitant premium for either upgrade -- see Iron Man 3 and the Black Friday fox connect sale for example.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Amazon just dropped the price of The Hunger Games complete collection to $44.96 from $49.99, so anybody who bought it already can ask for a gift card refund as I did with Brooklyn's sudden price drop from last week. You may have to remind your associate to also give you a tax refund, as sales tax on $44 would be less than sales tax on $49. For me, because I pointed that out after he credited the gift card amount, it was resolved with a $3 credit toward my next order separate from the gift card balance.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, David. I knew that the Amazon description said B but lots of other disks labeled B are actually region free. I have not studied the situation enough to know what particular companies actually did. Even though my preference is usually for 3D blu, I'm not willing to pay an exorbitant premium for either upgrade -- see Iron Man 3 and the Black Friday fox connect sale for example.

I've run into the B but not really B thing as well. I tried to find a thread/post the slam dunked the B only discussion, but haven't found one on any of the Mockingjay discs.
With the 3D Mockingjay being unique I would have thought someone would have tried it just out of curiosity, but I'll keep looking. I did find some posts in the older discs that confirmed region locked so it's not unreasonable to expect this one to be as well, but I'll keep looking until I find an absolute.

Lionsgate is a company that will lock some of their items though so it wouldn't shock me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks