What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-21-2006 (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks for the Roundup!

I'll be blind buying the Busby Berkeley Collection. From Herb's review, it sounds like our friends at Warners have hit another home run.

I'll check Costco for this set...they've been carrying some WB boxes lately with very attractive prices. This should be below $40 there. I'll report back on Tuesday.

Steve

Nathan A

Second Unit
For anyone disappointed with the Capote and The Squid and the Whale prices who is looking to buy both of them, there's a pretty good deal at Amazon:

"Buy Capote and get The Squid and the Whale at an additional $5.00 off Amazon.com's everyday low price...Buy Together Today: $32.74"

Just bring up either movie, and just below the DVD cover picture there's a "Best Value" section that lists the deal. And since it totals over $25, shipping should be free. $16 each is roughly equal to a $15 B&M price tag. Not bad!

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Just Justice League for me this week. Once again I annoyed with Best Buy and their stupid Reward Zone card. They are really false adversting their prices with them being "best buys" if you have to buy a stupid card to actually get the good deal.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks, Mike and Patrick. I'll probably pick up Chicken Little this week, and possibly South Park 7. But SP will probably wait a while.

Next week's going to be an expensive week.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks Mike and Patrick! Looks like Justice League and possibly, Gidget, once I read a review or two on that one...

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
bestbuy.com is having a special on CAPOTE. buy it online for $19.99 (same as store price) and get one from a selected list of dvds for $5.00. List includes OWNING MAHONEY, BIG LEBOWSKI COLLECTOR'S EDITION, HAPPINESS among others. You can always order online and pick up in the store.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
network came out a couple weeks ago.

this is what it says.

"Availability: Usually ships within 24 hours. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
Want it delivered Tuesday, March 21? Order it in the next 21 hours and 26 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. See details "

Dillon*G

Second Unit
I want:
-Batman Beyond:Season 1
-Bewitched:Season 3
-Justice League:Season 1
-Mind of Mencia:Season 1
-South Park:Season 7
-Tales from the Crypt:Season 3

Not sure what i'll get.

Thanks for the prices Mike and Patrick.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys!

Definately Justice League and Ten Commandments for me.

I may also snag Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome over ar CC.

I haven't started collecting South Park yet, but it may be a good time to start. Sure will be interesting to see if that pulled episode makes it on the season 9(?) dvd when its released.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

If he's planning on "Promoting" MI:3 in a similar manner as he did for "War of the Worlds" It would probably be better for Viacom to have him sit it out. Isn't he contractually obligated to promote the film? Couldn't he be sued if he doesn't. Oh well, I guess it the Standard Operating Proceedure for networks to cave in to pressure.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Kinda Broke this week, I want Bewitched S3, Batman Beyond S1 and Justice League S1 at some point but they are gonna have to wait for now...

Dave Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
don't plan on finding a deal, but i'm picking up bukowski: born into this, on tuesday.
and probably chicken little for the kids.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
It seems as if online is the way to go with Stalag 17 as DDD has it for $13 and change. I will be checking Walmart for Dreamer to see if it will beat CC price.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I've been looking forward to tomorrow for a while...

Justice League and Batman Beyond

Both at BB with my RZ card...

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Price matching CC's price of Ten Commandments over at BB and using a $5 coupon to boot. I'll get it for $10. This is the 3 disc version that us fans have been waiting for for a long time. It's Paramount's 3rd time releasing this title on DVD and it will include DeMille's silent version, finally! It's still not all it could be, but it's close.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks