What's new

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Thank you for your work, Mike!

Downsizing was an interesting failure full of big ideas that didn't wok at all as a cohesive whole. Those interested would be advised to rent it. I'm gad I saw it, but I really don't feel the need to see it again.

Jake - I am working on my review for Downsizing (hope to have it up tomorrow), but I might want to quote your comment ("an interesting failure") in my review if that's okay with you?

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Just a heads-up for anyone who's expecting to get The Black Scorpion from Amazon this week. Looks like they've postponed delivery until APRIL:

upload_2018-3-20_14-35-33.png

:angry:

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I got the chance to run by a local Best Buy today and it also had an endcap of FOX UHD titles 2/$30. It looks like it is nationwide.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is a direct copy of a post I made over in another thread on the topic of next week's release of Mister Roger's Neighborhood: It's a Beautiful Day. I thought it was worth repeating here.

This is something I find flabbergasting.

Each week I sift through Amazon's listings of releases for the upcoming week as I prepare each week's Weekly RoundUp (a listing of upcoming titles/prices which appears in the Bargains/Deals subforum--for those who don't know).

When I filter out each week's titles, Amazon puts at the top of the list the best-selling titles for that week.

Usually it's pretty predictable. It's the tentpole blockbuster high-profile releases. Examples in recent weeks would be Jumanji, The Shape of Water, any of the films nominated for the BP Oscar, etc.

The number one best-selling release for next week (March 27th) is, quite predictably, the new to streaming on Amazon Video release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi (due to its "feud" with Disney, Amazon doesn't have a disc release of SW:TLJ for pre-order). So the #1 disc release for the week?

Mister Rogers' Neighborhood: It's a Beautiful Day.

Granted, it's not a huge week for blockbuster disc releases. But, still, the Mister Rogers release is posted ahead of such disc releases as Mr. Robot: Season 3. The Americans: Season 5. Outer Limits: Season 1. Criterion's The King of Jazz.

I just love being able to report that news. I find it comforting somehow.

In other Mister Rogers news, here's the trailer to that documentary coming up in June (this looks fantastic!):

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
As of this morning, Cartwheel has 10% off all versions of the new Jumanji (BD, DVD and UHD). Price points appears to be $17.99/$19.99/$27.99. Offer says it is good for 2 more days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks